Several U Football Players Face Discipline

So I just went 15 pages deep to decipher some players might have done something and something might happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are five hidden pages in here...
five-hidden-pages.jpg

Brilliant analysis. Traveling to states where its legal is really fun.

Yeah I've been stoned at every Gopher game I've attended since Thomas Tapeh, Tyrone Carter, and Ron Johnson were putting in work during my student days. It really helps with the whole mediocrity thing. And I LOL/cringe at every time our poor players get in trouble for it.

Strib hit job continues. Above the fold on page 1 on same date Vikes fire OC.

Somebody might have done something, but we don't know enough to disclose names or what specifically.

Top notch reporting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah I've been stoned at every Gopher game I've attended since Thomas Tapeh, Tyrone Carter, and Ron Johnson were putting in work during my student days. It really helps with the whole mediocrity thing. And I LOL/cringe at every time our poor players get in trouble for it.

Same here- we should hang pregame next season

I wish I had kept track. Totally unprofessional dude.

Doogie was saying on twitter yesterday that the media doesn't make the news, they just report it. I brought up that example as a time the media did try to make the news.

If it is indeed Marijuana related, how do 6-8 players get in trouble? It could only be if they failed drug tests. If you get a ticket for possession, and usually only one person bites the bullet on that one (if you're not morons...)

This seems like a bunch of minor of consumption tickets at a party or bar.

In the modern marijuana landscape vape pens are the way to go. You pretty much never have to worry about getting busted smoking pot in public. No dank odors, very discreet, easy to moderate the effect. You can get through an airport or send them through the mail easily.

In the modern marijuana landscape vape pens are the way to go. You pretty much never have to worry about getting busted smoking pot in public. No dank odors, very discreet, easy to moderate the effect. You can get through an airport or send them through the mail easily.

I don't believe you. Better mail me a kit so I can see if you know what you're talking about. :cool:

JTG

Strib hit job continues. Above the fold on page 1 on same date Vikes fire OC.

Somebody might have done something, but we don't know enough to disclose names or what specifically.

Top notch reporting

Frankly -- if it didn't sell, they wouldn't do it.

Easy hypotheses follow: 1) in the twin cities metro, among the people who buy/read the Strib, there simply are a lot of folks who don't like the Gophers (or at least, don't like Gophers football), and take please in their failure, or 2) you people just can't help yourself from buying it/reading it, which is fine because it's human nature, everyone runs to a violent car crash to see what happened, very few jump in to save the day.

I just accept it for what it is.

In the modern marijuana landscape vape pens are the way to go. You pretty much never have to worry about getting busted smoking pot in public. No dank odors

If this were true, I'd buy one for every person who rides public transit and stinks of weed. I detest the smell, far more than cigarette or body odor. I actually think some people *like* stinking like weed, and it gives them pleasure to violate people's personal space with the hideous odor. Anyway ...

Doogie was saying on twitter yesterday that the media doesn't make the news, they just report it. I brought up that example as a time the media did try to make the news.

I remember some saying about how nobody can be unbiased and the best you can do is be aware of your inclinations and work from there.

Claiming to "just report it" seems like a pass to just let your biases run free...

IF this turns out to be a non-legal issue (or something near it), the media are going to look like complete freaking buffoons for they way they played this. Above the fold in the largest newspaper between Chicago and the west coast? (OK, not sure about Denver.) I remember when spots like that used to be reserved for news.

JTG

IF this turns out to be a non-legal issue (or something near it), the media are going to look like complete freaking buffoons for they way they played this. Above the fold in the largest newspaper between Chicago and the west coast? (OK, not sure about Denver.) I remember when spots like that used to be reserved for news.

JTG

11 pages in with next to zero info but seems pretty clear this is not a legal issue as someone would have had that by now if it was. Sounds like a violation of team rules that is being handled internally the way it is at basically every single program in the country.

Frankly -- if it didn't sell, they wouldn't do it.

Easy hypotheses follow: 1) in the twin cities metro, among the people who buy/read the Strib, there simply are a lot of folks who don't like the Gophers (or at least, don't like Gophers football), and take please in their failure, or 2) you people just can't help yourself from buying it/reading it, which is fine because it's human nature, everyone runs to a violent car crash to see what happened, very few jump in to save the day.

I just accept it for what it is.

The problem in this day and age with social media is many people don't really read the details. They just see the headline and assume a lot more than what's actually written. I've seen "Thug U" and "Rape U" type comments based on this.

IF this turns out to be a non-legal issue (or something near it), the media are going to look like complete freaking buffoons for they way they played this. Above the fold in the largest newspaper between Chicago and the west coast?

Lol, sorry but no they won't. It'll just go away, and people will just forget. A few folks on a message board just don't make a dent. /pessimism

The problem in this day and age with social media is many people don't really read the details. They just see the headline and assume a lot more than what's actually written. I've seen "Thug U" and "Rape U" type comments based on this.

I'm with you on that ... but the subject was the newspaper giving the story (or non-story) top billing, in the first place. They do that, because it sells.

I'm going to toss this speculation out for denial. This involves players responding to the volleyball team and their loss to Oregon at the Pav.

It's speculation, so is it yea or nay?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

11 pages in with next to zero info but seems pretty clear this is not a legal issue as someone would have had that by now if it was. Sounds like a violation of team rules that is being handled internally the way it is at basically every single program in the country.

The media is probably guilty of assuming that, since the penalty is relatively severe (suspension, possibly including the bowl game), the violation must be severe and probably involves illegality. I suspect that this is an opportunity for Fleck to reemphasize the rules and culture by going a little overboard on the punishment.

I'm going to toss this speculation out for denial. This involves players responding to the volleyball team and their loss to Oregon at the Pav.

It's speculation, so is it yea or nay?

I'm gonna go for nay on this one ...... what do you mean "responding to" ??

If it is indeed Marijuana related, how do 6-8 players get in trouble? It could only be if they failed drug tests. If you get a ticket for possession, and usually only one person bites the bullet on that one (if you're not morons...)

They could if there were photos or cell phone evidence. I think we've seen enough examples of that over the years (high school or college,).

I'm gonna go for nay on this one ...... what do you mean "responding to" ??
An unsympathetic "Ha Ha you lost" kind of response taken to immature lengths. Basically not being supportive of other athletic teams at the U. Like I said speculation. Pure speculation.

If he did that because he knew he was going to get fired, not only is he horrible at PR...he also has no pride.

I don’t think they had made a decision one way or the other when the news came out about the incident. If Claeys has a shot of keeping his job, he destroyed it with a giant nuclear explosion that was his entire handling of the situation. Not only that. I think the way he handled it has caused him not not get interviews at places where he might have otherwise. I may be wrong. He may have gotten interviews I don’t know about.

So if your boss, who has been planning to fire you and is actively pursuing candidates makes a statement in the press that is a lie. You go along with it? And if you don’t, you have no pride?

Interesting take.

An unsympathetic "Ha Ha you lost" kind of response taken to immature lengths. Basically not being supportive of other athletic teams at the U. Like I said speculation. Pure speculation.

Gonna stick with my nay on that one

So now it is the Strib’s fault for reporting something that is true? More of this media needs to be positive only crap. This place continues to amaze me.

So now it is the Strib’s fault for reporting something that is true? More of this media needs to be positive only crap. This place continues to amaze me.

Really?

Nah, it's this.

Strib: UMN suspends players.
People: Why?
[insert crickets sound]

Top Bottom