Several U Football Players Face Discipline

Bench him indefinitely when someone else is playing well at his position since no one is above the rules, but then decide he has had enough punishment as soon as his replacement starts struggling?

No, bench him for not jumping on a fumble, then ignore everyone else that does the same or fumbles repeatedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see one player or two players being out of line,but 6-8? You would think one or two of them would have said something. Perhaps they got sloppy in attending classes or something.

With that many kids, and no one speaking up, seems like it may be a culture issue.

Stuff is going to happen.

Let’s see if Fleck follows it up by totally misplaying it, creating a national firestorm, and <b>publicly embarrassing his AD</b>

If he does those three things, he will likely lose his job.

Anyone paying attention saw Coyle do that just fine on his own.

I am glad PJ is quick to suspend these players.

PJ handling things the right way it appears.

Fleck disciplines. Claeys would just tweet that he's never been prouder.

To be fair I think that Claeys got a raw deal. Still IMO the difference is Fleck will actually discipline someone and behavior will change.

Some people in this thread are a little to excited that Fleck has to discipline someone. My opinion is Fleck will handle this the right way and better than Claeys would have

Now we know how we'll be pulling in 25 new recruits, and still be under the 85 scholly cap.

Anyone paying attention saw Coyle do that just fine on his own.

Maybe you’re right and Coyle was embarrassing himself.

That doesn’t take away from the fact that Claeys screwed himself. If you aren’t intelligent enough to see that I’m not going to debate you. I think you are and are just being snarky and argumentative, so I’m done debating this issue.

Now we know how we'll be pulling in 25 new recruits, and still be under the 85 scholly cap.

I was thinking the same thing.
I really hope this was for breaking into Alvarez’s office (using the Axe of course) and drinking his stash of Blatz Light (hopefully all players older than 21) kind of thing.

You may be exactly right, but regardless I think he is very happy at Wash St. And I don’t think Leach worries one iota how the hire might “look”.

I think you are right on both of those issues

U thinking it was a set up?

We could start a good conspiracy rumor... Or, we could just be Alabama and tell Juniors that aren't making the field that they're now injured and that's the only way they'll get their school tuition paid.

Has anything come out from the u? It's been a few weeks since the game. I would think PJ would take quick action.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sounds like it is something incredibly stupid but not earth shattering.
I’m going to bet on some sort of gambling.

Fleck disciplines. Claeys would just tweet that he's never been prouder.

To be fair I think that Claeys got a raw deal. Still IMO the difference is Fleck will actually discipline someone and behavior will change.

Some people in this thread are a little to excited that Fleck has to discipline someone. My opinion is Fleck will handle this the right way and better than Claeys would have

Forget already? Claeys suspended players for 3-4 games during that season. He though only suspended players who were involved in the incident.

"Cornerbacks KiAnte Hardin and Ray Buford were suspended for three games now (Including the Penn State game), and I have no idea if or when they’ll see the field again this season."

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2016...l-penn-state-good-bad-ugly-postgame-breakdown

Last edited:

Forget already? Claeys suspended players for 3-4 games during that season. He though only suspended players who were involved in the incident.

I cannot wait until these Claeys conversations end, but i believe the players were not allowed to play due to a restraining order.

I cannot wait until these Claeys conversations end, but i believe the players were not allowed to play due to a restraining order.

Only for one of those games.

Interesting way of trying to end the conversation though..

If you know something just say it Doogie. If you don’t then shut your mouth. Don’t feign professionalism because you “don’t know all the details” (paraphrasing) as a cop out. The media has almost never, in all of recorded history, had the details before running with a story. Even when details are available they are oftentimes ignored if they contradict the chosen narrative. Unnamed solitary sources, allegations have been the basis of many a bombshell story in recent history.

Last edited:

Only for one of those games.

Interesting way of trying to end the conversation though..

Are you sure about that Ice? I thought Thomas was the only one suspended at first and then the others due to the restraining order.

Are you sure about that Ice? I thought Thomas was the only one suspended at first and then the others due to the restraining order.

Hardin, Buford and Tamarion Johnson were suspended while the police investigation was ongoing. Once the no charges decision was made the players were reinstated. Then the accuser filed the restraining orders, which included the three players mentioned, plus Djam and Thomas. The order against Thomas was dropped after the accuser realized she had picked out the wrong name from the roster. (Kiante vs. Kiondre, but don’t worry, his name and picture was plastered with “Sexual Assault” for a week)

Last edited:

Hardin, Buford and T Johnson were suspended while the police investigation was ongoing. Once the no charges decision was made the players were reinstated. Then the accuser filed the restraining orders, which included the three players mentioned, plus Djam and Thomas. The order against Thomas was dropped after the accuser realized she had picked out the wrong name from the roster. (Kiante vs. Kiondre, but don’t worry, his name and picture was plastered with “Sexual Assault” for a week)

Thank you for clarifying and my apologies for also confusing Thomas for Hardin.

You have heard myriad reasons for college football players to miss games, but this one might be a first.

In mid-September, four Minnesota football players — cornerbacks KiAnte Hardin and Ray Buford, safety Dior Johnson and defensive end Tamarion Johnson — were suspended in the midst of an investigation into an alleged sexual assault earlier in the month. Citing insufficient evidence in the case, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office announced in early October that no charges would be filed and the players were reinstated.

However, Tamarion Johnson and another player who wasn’t suspended, sophomore running back Carlton Djam, had a temporary restraining order filed against them by the alleged victim. Because the woman who received the order is a student who works at TCF Bank Stadium on football game days, Johnson and Djam would not be permitted to be in the stadium for Saturday’s game against Rutgers.

The attorney for the two players, former Gopher football player Lee Hutton, told the St. Paul Pioneer-Press that he is seeking to have the order modified so that his clients can attend the homecoming game Saturday. “I’m aggressively advocating on behalf of my clients to contest the restraining order,” the attorney said.

“It would not be appropriate for the University to comment on this matter to the extent it relates to University students,” a statement from the school on the restraining order said. “The University reaffirms, however, that it will honor and comply with court orders.”

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...uld-keep-two-gopher-players-from-week-8-game/

Have won appeals and been reinstated:

Seth Green, redshirt freshman QB
Kobe McCrary, senior RB
Antonio Shenault, junior DB
Mark Williams, redshirt freshman QB (listed as WR)
Antoine Winfield Jr., sophomore DB

McCrary, Williams, and Winfield will join the team at spring practice after the university provost ruled in their favor to complete their appeals process. The other two had already been reinstated.

The woman sought to keep in place a one-year suspension for Winfield and McCrary, per the Pioneer Press.

“I thought all those kids did all the right things off the field, when the whole investigation was going,” new head coach P.J. Fleck said. “They were in class, they were where they were supposed to be there, and I thought they handled everything with class.”

Pioneer Press

Can we drop both the b.s. claim that "Claeys never suspended anybody" and the whole "but what about '16?" themes.

Partying too much after getting the axe back? I hope Doogie is serving nothing burgers.

People can hate Dougie all they want, but there is more to the story and he has it. He and several others in the media who have the same information are not going to get into the lurid details without solid confirmation, which of course isn't coming from the U yet. But details will come in time. They always do. Just maybe not as fast as you would like.

Top Bottom