Several U Football Players Face Discipline

“Team Rules”. I’m not too worried. Possibly partied too hard after beating the Badgers. We’ll see.

Wondered who would be the first a-hole to be happy to see this happen to Fleck. Now I know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Not happy. Just proven right.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Not happy. Just proven right.

Right about what?
Did anyone on the planet think no one would ever ever do anyrhing bad again while being a u of
M Football player?

Congrats on thinking something obvious and being right I guess.

Probably all his recruits. /s

I will say this could be a lot of things that aren’t at the level of accused gang rape.

Stupid comment. Whenever recruited, they are U of M student-athletes and PJ coaches them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid comment. Whenever recruited, they are U of M student-athletes and PJ coaches them.

True, but he doesn't have an opportunity to vet them before hand.

Wondered who would be the first a-hole to be happy to see this happen to Fleck. Now I know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Some of PJ’s biggest fans have different standards. They would be all over the previous regime. Don’t call Word our for pointing that out.

However, just like it wasn’t Claeys fault for the stupid actions of a few players, it’s not PJ’s fault. They are young adults, and some will make bad choices. I just think it’s dumb that some on here think it’s all about the coach and his “culture”

Behavior serious enough to be suspended.

You thought a guy would never be suspended as long as Fleck was the coach. Did anyone think that?

True, but he doesn't have an opportunity to vet them before hand.

So what. He’s been working with them for two years. This stupid talk that some have that some players are only partial Gophers because of who recruited them is stupid. From everything I’ve seen and heard, PJ loves Cashman, Winfield and others who he didn’t recruit.

Some of PJ’s biggest fans have different standards. They would be all over the previous regime. Don’t call Word our for pointing that out.

However, just like it wasn’t Claeys fault for the stupid actions of a few players, it’s not PJ’s fault. They are young adults, and some will make bad choices. I just think it’s dumb that some on here think it’s all about the coach and his “culture”

Stuff is going to happen.

Let’s see if Fleck follows it up by totally misplaying it, creating a national firestorm, and publicly embarrassing his AD

If he does those three things, he will likely lose his job.

However, just like it wasn’t Claeys fault for the stupid actions of a few players, it’s not PJ’s fault. They are young adults, and some will make bad choices.

Exactly.

Stuff is going to happen.

Let’s see if Fleck follows it up by totally misplaying it, creating a national firestorm, and publicly embarrassing his AD

If he does those three things, he will likely lose his job.

Let’s see if the AD and administration handle it as poorly as they did last time, or if they learned something from it. Let’s hope it’s not nearly as serious as last time.

Whatever happens, knowing you and past posts, it will somehow be blamed on Claeys and his weight.

So what. He’s been working with them for two years. This stupid talk that some have that some players are only partial Gophers because of who recruited them is stupid. From everything I’ve seen and heard, PJ loves Cashman, Winfield and others who he didn’t recruit.

I'm just saying some coaches will take more questionable kids than other coaches. Not saying that is the case here at all, no reason to believe that.

I could see one player or two players being out of line,but 6-8? You would think one or two of them would have said something. Perhaps they got sloppy in attending classes or something.

Until the details are published, it will just fuel wild speculation.

Could be cheating on a test. Could be minor shoplifting. I can speculate all day.

I'm just saying some coaches will take more questionable kids than other coaches. Not saying that is the case here at all, no reason to believe that.
Even if you vet them you still never can know for sure.

It's not yet clear if they will miss the bowl game. But players getting suspended for bowl games is an epidemic that sweeps the nation unfortunately.

Let’s see if the AD and administration handle it as poorly as they did last time, or if they learned something from it. Let’s hope it’s not nearly as serious as last time.

Whatever happens, knowing you and past posts, it will somehow be blamed on Claeys and his weight.

I have never once commented on Claeys’ weight. EDIT: I may have joked about his weight long after it was occurring to get people like you riled up, can’t remember but it sounds like something I would do.

I have commented on how he was completely in over his head as evidenced by his total inability to handle anything correctly from a PR standpoint following the incident reports. That’s old news.

Also on record two years ago saying the administration handled it poorly.

Regardless of what admin does, if Fleck turns this into a major national news story that reflects poorly on the university and then publicly embarrasses his AD.
I maintain that he will be fired. Do you disagree?

Last edited:

Even if you vet them you still never can know for sure.

Very true. But I'm sure you can improve your odds if enough research is done on a players background.

Sounds like some guys partied too hard after the Wisconsin win and may have used some illegal substances.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

It will not be pretty. Oar spots will be available when it all shakes out. Amazing how stupid these kids are.

The good folks in the Twin Cities media needed to scratch uncle Zygi’s back. This isn’t news anywhere else.

Sounds like some guys partied too hard after the Wisconsin win and may have used some illegal substances.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Admittedly I'm concerned. I'll relax now over a beer.

The good folks in the Twin Cities media needed to scratch uncle Zygi’s back. This isn’t news anywhere else.

Should have broken this news before the Vikes fired their OC. Would have buried this story to some degree.

Hopefully this time the A.D. doesn't recommend suspending twice as many players as are actually involved in whatever it is. Oh and then say that Fleck completely "agrees with him" even if P.J. doesn't.

Then if Fleck is asked directly about it, some people will want P.J to say that he does want suspend the not involved players. Because you know, some people wouldn't want him to embarrass his A.D.

Hopefully this time the A.D. doesn't recommend suspending twice as many players as are actually involved in whatever it is. Oh and then say that Fleck completely "agrees with him" even if P.J. doesn't.

Then if Fleck is asked directly about it, some people will want P.J to say that he does want suspend the not involved players. Because you know, some people wouldn't want him to embarrass his A.D.

There are smart ways of disagreeing with you boss and dumb ways.

The smart ways grow your relationship with a boss. The dumb ways get your fired.

Top Bottom