Cashman skipping Bowl Game

Cashman posted this also.

Curious to see how people react compared to Donell Greene doing it. Cashman is one of us.

Cashman posted this also.

Curious to see how people react compared to Donell Greene doing it. Cashman is one of us.

I'm fine with it again.
I think the Bowl Game is more of a pre-game for next season than anything this season.

I'm sure other bowl teams can tell this same story....

With new redshirt rules and trend in potential NFL players skipping the bowl game, these games will become showcases for next season more than a reward for the current season. Too bad, but it is what it is...

I feel like it is selfish for any player to bail on their team. However, he played for years without a scholarship. So he gets a pass on just about anything

Cashman is awesome and I wish him the best. I do however think it is kinda funny that his fellow teammates played their hearts out so that he could have one more game. #irony

I'm very surprised, thought Cashman would've wanted another game in Maroon & Gold and to go out on his own terms. Selfishly, this new trend really sucks for college football.

But we shouldn't begrudge Blake's decision. He's been a great Gopher.

Cashman is awesome and I wish him the best. I do however think it is kinda funny that his fellow teammates played their hearts out so that he could have one more game. #irony

They play their hearts out to win the game. I don’t think the outcome is any different if Blake isn’t ejected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His last play as a Gopher was smacking down a punt returner and the associated targeting call.

Since he was ejected....

I feel like it is selfish for any player to bail on their team. However, he played for years without a scholarship. So he gets a pass on just about anything

in the Badger game....wouldn't he have missed the 1st half of the bowl game anyway? It does sting a bit, because he is so much fun to watch play.

Ouch! This one hurts. Dang. I really wanted to see him have a better ending than sitting out the second half of the Wisconsin game on a targeting call. But, this is his choice. This trend to sit bowl games is really putting a damper on them.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

These are to be judged on a case-by-case basis.

I have a hard time faulting him.

He needs to max-out his measurements in the next few weeks.

in the Badger game....wouldn't he have missed the 1st half of the bowl game anyway? It does sting a bit, because he is so much fun to watch play.

No, as the infraction happened in the first half. He sat out the second half of the WI game. Now had it happened in the second half of the WI game he would have had to sit out the first half of the bowl game.

He went to Eden Prairie.
We know he is of sound judgement and morals. No need to question it.

And somehow Donnell is bereft of morals? Wording of post in question is questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“One of us” is a long running KFAN joke. Figured it was well known. Seems like some posters know it so I’m not crazy.

I support Greene skipping the oil change game. I support Cashman skipping it though I do like watching him play more than I do/did Greene

Wonder if Huff will play the entire game, or if they'll give the snaps to a younger player.

I'm very surprised, thought Cashman would've wanted another game in Maroon & Gold and to go out on his own terms. Selfishly, this new trend really sucks for college football.

But we shouldn't begrudge Blake's decision. He's been a great Gopher.

The trend does suck for college football but it isn't going away anytime soon. This game would have been an ideal one for Cashman to rack up huge numbers and really stand out but in terms of the NFL it is all about those measurables and shaving fractions of a second off your 40 time. Tough to fault the players when there is so much money on the line, but it still sucks for fans and teammates to lose key players.

Next man up, good chance for a young guy to try and make a name for themselves heading into next year. Big fan of Cashman so hopefully things work out for him at the next level.

This is really disappointing. Maybe I imputed some virtue to Blake because I wanted him to possess it, but I really thought he was the kind of team-first guy who would play to the last whistle of the last game.

The trend does suck for college football but it isn't going away anytime soon. This game would have been an ideal one for Cashman to rack up huge numbers and really stand out but in terms of the NFL it is all about those measurables and shaving fractions of a second off your 40 time. Tough to fault the players when there is so much money on the line, but it still sucks for fans and teammates to lose key players.

Next man up, good chance for a young guy to try and make a name for themselves heading into next year. Big fan of Cashman so hopefully things work out for him at the next level.

There are some people saying this could be the start to the end of Bowl Games.

Essentially, players aren't going to play in meaningless games anymore.
So what's the best solution???

Expand the playoffs!!!!!

There are some people saying this could be the start to the end of Bowl Games.

Essentially, players aren't going to play in meaningless games anymore.
So what's the best solution???

Expand the playoffs!!!!!

I would venture to guess almost no one is going to not watch the bowl game who would’ve watched it before this announcement.

There are two reasons to watch bowl games:
1) they are on TV and you’re in a situation where you can have your TV on
2) you are a fan of one of the schools on

I was going to watch the Georgia Tech vs Minnesota game, but now that Cashman isn’t playing I am going to watch a TBS edit of elf

Said no one ever

Top Bottom