***OFFICIAL NORTH FLORIDA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Really like Katz compared to most of the big 10 play by play guys.

He is good because he is a national guy. The rest of the commentators just seem like rubes

Rough shooting night combined with North Florida shooting extremely well to stay in it. But ultimately, this night was about seeing IW find his game. If this is the game that launches him in the right direction again, this will go down as one of the best games of the year. If he can play close to like he did tonight AND we can just hit half those shots, we're going to be looking really nice. Glad to be 9-2.

PS. It's amazing that again people are non-chalant about Murphy's performance and he went for 20 and 18. Love the guy.

Can’t agree with you, your in game glasses are clouding you vision. The game was never in doubt and Gabe got this game out of his system. IW has a very good game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe so- I hope so. Saying never in doubt though is seeing the game through maroon colored glasses though. We were down to a really bad team with less than 10" left. Also while Gabe shouldn't have a night like this again- who's to say IW will? I'll feel a lot better with a healthy Curry on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rough shooting night combined with North Florida shooting extremely well to stay in it. But ultimately, this night was about seeing IW find his game. If this is the game that launches him in the right direction again, this will go down as one of the best games of the year. If he can play close to like he did tonight AND we can just hit half those shots, we're going to be looking really nice. Glad to be 9-2.

PS. It's amazing that again people are non-chalant about Murphy's performance and he went for 20 and 18. Love the guy.

Yup. Murphy is so productive it is unbelievable.

A quiet 20-18

You know you’re good when you can have a quiet 20-18

Murphy was not great in the first half.... he was a super stud in the second

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well, we're used to that. As long as we have him, we'll be respectable but he's not enough so we talk about the other guys.

Was going to post something similar in regards to Murphy's line tonight. He has reached a point where it is shocking when he doesn't record a double double. When he does it is just another day at the office. I mean 18 rebounds is a great night for most players, heck 10 rebounds is a great night for most players. He just makes it look so easy when he is out there, you basically just assume that if there is a rebound available he is going to go get it.

Well, we're used to that. As long as we have him, we'll be respectable but he's not enough so we talk about the other guys.

I feel you. Just saying we have become awfully spoiled in regards to him these last couple years. I can't think of too many Gophers in recent memory who consistently deliver like him.

While everyone is rightfully raving about IW's offensive performance- I was also very happy to see him playing excellent defense for the majority of the 2nd half. He plays an all around game like this and it'll be hard to keep him off the court

WriterGoph;1654535 I can't think of too many Gophers in recent memory who consistently deliver like him.[/QUOTE said:
Nope, me either. It will be years until his shoes are filled. Enjoy it while we can I guess.

On the postgame, Pitino said "I don't want to crush him, but Isaiah has to be an every day guy. He needs to practice and play like that every day. He needs to be the first one in the gym and the last one to leave. I told him tonight 'You're gonna get a chance to play. Go perform' and he did."

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I don't remember seeing a college game where one team had three guys with double doubles. Murphy, Oturu and IW. Statistically just an odd game with all the missed threes, but fun to watch.

While everyone is rightfully raving about IW's offensive performance- I was also very happy to see him playing excellent defense for the majority of the 2nd half. He plays an all around game like this and it'll be hard to keep him off the court

My eyes were glued to IW when north Florida had the ball. I wanted to see his awareness running through screens and keeping an eye on his man. He even made a great steal when the game was still in doubt. He played good defense tonight.

I don't understand how Stull gets any minutes(I am aware Dupree was out), the guy always looks completely out of place, as soon as he catches a pass he instantly is looking to pass it without dribbling, he plays scared, not what you'd expect from a senior. Definitely have been disappointed with him considering the expectations, he just doesn't look like B1G player at all to me. Wonder how much more chances pitino gives him before sending him to the end of the bench

IW has earned and needs the minutes. Players need time to work out their issues.

Top Bottom