Starters tomorrow

Total slap in I.W.. face to not start. Stull has not deserved anything.

He said he is starting Coffey at point, so I would go with Hurt first, maybe Stull. IW, nope... hasn't earned anything himself.

This is your line in the sand? Tonight you walk into Williams and look up at the scoreboard for the starters and there it is, #31. At that point in time you say "I'm out". This is a December game vs North Florida and...that's it? Pitino getting fired gets your season tickets back, so do you root for a failed season? Very Strange.
This team is a work in progress. I'm not sure how things are going to shake out but I'm very cautiously optimistic. Who starts vs North effing Florida is not going to make any difference to me how I enjoy the season. It's a journey and NO one knows how things are going to turn out. Enjoy.

I'm not saying I want a failed season. I told my wife last night I'd never watch Gopher basketball again if it meant they could win national titles and other fans could enjoy that. I'd be allowed to read recaps and stuff.

Its a principle issue. Pitino, for my money, my thousands of dollars per season, doesn't deserve me as a supporter if he can't find a better roster solution than Brock Stull in his 6th season. This isn't year 1. Stull isn't Akeem Springs. If Stull scores 30 tonight on 10/10 on 3s, I'll be cheering loudly. Doesn't make the decision to start him any better. I hope he doesn't start because I really really like going to games. I just can't support ineptitude. Pitino refuses to coach. He yells at some guys, benches some guys and lets other guys just do whatever they want.

In 6 years, who has really improved under Pitino and reached their ceiling? I think Murphy has. Akeem Springs probably did. Maybe Nate Mason, but thats hard to say. Coffey? McBrayer? Hurt? No. No. No. Its not just this. This is the last straw. A camels back can only hold so much.

If Stull scores 30 tonight on 10/10 on 3s, I'll be cheering loudly. Doesn't make the decision to start him any better.

I would certainly argue that having a starter score 30 points on perfect shooting would make that decision to start the best decision of all time.

I would certainly argue that having a starter score 30 points on perfect shooting would make that decision to start the best decision of all time.

Ok. Thats true. But then you ask the question why Stull has barely played all year and we're back at Pitino making bad decisions with his roster.

I'm not saying I want a failed season. I told my wife last night I'd never watch Gopher basketball again if it meant they could win national titles and other fans could enjoy that. I'd be allowed to read recaps and stuff.

Its a principle issue. Pitino, for my money, my thousands of dollars per season, doesn't deserve me as a supporter if he can't find a better roster solution than Brock Stull in his 6th season. This isn't year 1. Stull isn't Akeem Springs. If Stull scores 30 tonight on 10/10 on 3s, I'll be cheering loudly. Doesn't make the decision to start him any better. I hope he doesn't start because I really really like going to games. I just can't support ineptitude. Pitino refuses to coach. He yells at some guys, benches some guys and lets other guys just do whatever they want.

In 6 years, who has really improved under Pitino and reached their ceiling? I think Murphy has. Akeem Springs probably did. Maybe Nate Mason, but thats hard to say. Coffey? McBrayer? Hurt? No. No. No. Its not just this. This is the last straw. A camels back can only hold so much.

I would say Hurt and McBrayer are pretty close to there ceiling. Coffey has played a season and a half and is only a Junior still has a bunch of upside. Nate was a FANTASTIC PG. Murphy is as Solid of a player as you could ever want. Reggie was a game changer(like it or not).

I think Pitino's recruiting is been pretty good in the last few years, but is behind the 8 ball this year do to the loss of Ben and Kamani.

Pitino Coached a great game against Nebraska.

FFS the team is 8-2

do what you wish ,but no one will ever know except for us GHers

I would say Hurt and McBrayer are pretty close to there ceiling. Coffey has played a season and a half and is only a Junior still has a bunch of upside. Nate was a FANTASTIC PG. Murphy is as Solid of a player as you could ever want. Reggie was a game changer(like it or not).

I think Pitino's recruiting is been pretty good in the last few years, but is behind the 8 ball this year do to the loss of Ben and Kamani.

Pitino Coached a great game against Nebraska.

FFS the team is 8-2

do what you wish ,but no one will ever know except for us GHers

I didn’t say he didn’t recruit well. I love our freshman class. I don’t think players have developed and grown and adapted under him. I think this is a reason for a lot of transfers. His coaching style is unpredictable. Vastly different rules for similarly talented and productive players.

I didn’t say he didn’t recruit well. I love our freshman class. I don’t think players have developed and grown and adapted under him. I think this is a reason for a lot of transfers. His coaching style is unpredictable. Vastly different rules for similarly talented and productive players.

I don't think we've had a crazy amount of transfers comparative to the normal trends. Also out of our transfers are there really any we wish we would've had? It'd be a larger rip on his recruiting honestly as his recruits haven't been of Big Ten quality. I think Richard has gotten better and grown in his coaching, but of course he could improve. His adjustments this year have been better than in the past (I give Jeter some credit here too). All coaches coach different players differently though. All guys respond differently and it's a coaches job to coach them differently.

His coaching style is unpredictable. Vastly different rules for similarly talented and productive players.

Coaches play guys they feel they can trust to make good decisions. Sharp shooters/scores and solid defenders get a little extra rope (for good reason). IW is unpredictable and plays terrible defense... that's on him.

Stull can’t defend. He was destroyed a couple times Saturday. Washington chooses not to defend. There is a difference.

If Stull starts, I won’t renew my season tickets. Shows Pitinos unwillingness to adapt his style to help his players.
What exactly is the difference? No defense either way. And please don't tell me Pitino makes Washington choose not to defend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Coaches play guys they feel they can trust to make good decisions. Sharp shooters/scores and solid defenders get a little extra rope (for good reason). IW is unpredictable and plays terrible defense... that's on him.

Agreed. Stull is careless with the ball and bad defensively. But if he starts randomly, less than two weeks after a DNP-Coach’s Decision. Makes no sense.

What exactly is the difference? No defense either way. And please don't tell me Pitino makes Washington choose not to defend.

The difference is being unable to do something means you can’t do it. Like I can’t dunk on a fast break. A guy who can dunk but lays it in is choosing not to. He can do it. This means Washington CAN defend if he works hard at it. Stull can worm his tail off but isn’t athletic enough to defend.

Mo Walker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is your line in the sand? Tonight you walk into Williams and look up at the scoreboard for the starters and there it is, #31. At that point in time you say "I'm out". This is a December game vs North Florida and...that's it?

We all have our lines, but...yeah. I can't imagine if we make the NCAA's and maybe win a game, but...I just can't get over that time you started Stull in cupcake non-conference game.

We all have our lines, but...yeah. I can't imagine if we make the NCAA's and maybe win a game, but...I just can't get over that time you started Stull in cupcake non-conference game.

Hard to support inadequacy. Starting Stull is inadequate coaching. Washington had more assists than Stull had all stats combined, I think.

Hard to support inadequacy. Starting Stull is inadequate coaching. Washington had more assists than Stull had all stats combined, I think.

At the end of the day- it appears Pitino got to IW- that's what matters- not who starts. If Kalscheur has a normal shooting night- we win by 20 against a team that played their fannies off and made tough shots.

At the end of the day- it appears Pitino got to IW- that's what matters- not who starts. If Kalscheur has a normal shooting night- we win by 20 against a team that played their fannies off and made tough shots.

Agreed. And that is Gabe shooting below average but above 0%

The difference is being unable to do something means you can’t do it. Like I can’t dunk on a fast break. A guy who can dunk but lays it in is choosing not to. He can do it. This means Washington CAN defend if he works hard at it. Stull can work his tail off but isn’t athletic enough to defend.

I think this is my best post since I joined GH. Pretty much summed up what happened in the game before the game started. Yes, my arm hurts from patting myself on the back.

So U&U, are you in or are you out? I know what you wrote but... Whats the call?

So U&U, are you in or are you out? I know what you wrote but... Whats the call?

I had fun at the game. Starting Stull was inexplicable. He proved it. What Washington did aside, I think we all saw enough of Stull. I just said it before other people. He isn’t a big ten caliber player, not on a decent team at least. Maybe he will get better but athleticism doesn’t happen over night.

As for the rest of it, I’m not sure. 11 home games left.

I had fun at the game. Starting Stull was inexplicable. He proved it. What Washington did aside, I think we all saw enough of Stull. I just said it before other people. He isn’t a big ten caliber player, not on a decent team at least. Maybe he will get better but athleticism doesn’t happen over night.

Stull is going to continue to get minutes depending upon the situation. It's not Washington vs Stull as far as playing time goes, It's good Washington vs bad Washington. Good Washington was exceptional tonight.
What does 11 home games left have to do with your original post about "Stull and I'm out?"

Stull is going to continue to get minutes depending upon the situation. It's not Washington vs Stull as far as playing time goes, It's good Washington vs bad Washington. Good Washington was exceptional tonight.
What does 11 home games left have to do with your original post about "Stull and I'm out?"

I didn’t say only one of them would get minutes. I think Stull proved he isn’t athletic and doesn’t provide much.

I have season tickets now. I said I’m not renewing them. I’m not going to throw away the tickets I have. So I have 11 home games left. Seems simple if you read my post instead of saying random stuff or arguing points I didn’t make.

Way to back out. Good drama queen rant, though.

Way to back out. Good drama queen rant, though.

How did I back out? I haven’t renewed next years tickets, have I? I’m not even sure I’m allowed to renew/not renew at this point. I can’t really make the ticket office do things. Sorry if you expected a video of me burning this years tickets like a spurned fan base does with jerseys. I’m not willing to light $1000 on fire.

But I appreciate you calling me out for something that is impossible to do. I still think Pitino gets fired based on last nights gamd. 3 double doubles and the best assist to turnover game in team history led to a 9 point win over north Florida.

Last edited:

How did I back out? I haven’t renewed next years tickets, have I? I’m not even sure I’m allowed to renew/not renew at this point. I can’t really make the ticket office do things. Sorry if you expected a video of me burning this years tickets like a spurned fan base does with jerseys. I’m not willing to light $1000 on fire.

But I appreciate you calling me out for something that is impossible to do. I still think Pitino gets fired based on last nights gamd. 3 double doubles and the best assist to turnover game in team history led to a 9 point win over north Florida.

As mentioned above, North Florida shot 36% from three, we shot 6%. We shoot our season average our 9 point win is over 20. I'd argue the 3's we shot were more open than normal, sometimes you have a bad shooting night. I don't think it was cause their defense was great either. Also double doubles can be misleading, because our ORB total was higher because of our missed shots as well.

As mentioned above, North Florida shot 36% from three, we shot 6%. We shoot our season average our 9 point win is over 20. I'd argue the 3's we shot were more open than normal, sometimes you have a bad shooting night. I don't think it was cause their defense was great either. Also double doubles can be misleading, because our ORB total was higher because of our missed shots as well.

Good point, especially on the offensive rebounds. 36% isn't exactly lighting the world on fire though.

Top Bottom