Dominik London re-opening recruiting

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
He is looking at an offer from North Dakota per Andy Greder.

Should absolutely be zero surprise here, in the sense that for whatever reason the staff has sent him to the back of the line. Not sure if it was attitude, lack of skill, or what.

On paper, his bio isn't really much different from Ibrahim .... and yet Ibrahim was one of our stars this year, while I don't think London was given an opportunity to do anything on the field.

The fact that Shannon Brooks and Rodney Smith are anticipated back next year certainly doesn't do Dominik any favors.

Last edited:

And who really knows the story.
Obviously he never got the attention to get a shot. If he was going to, this would have been the year with the injuries.

Should absolutely be zero surprise here, in the sense that for whatever reason the staff has sent him to the back of the line. Not sure if it was attitude, lack of skill, or what.

On paper, his bio isn't really much different from Ibrahim .... and yet Ibrahim was one of our stars this year, while I don't think London was given an opportunity to do anything on the field.

First, best of luck to the young man. Never heard anything bad about him while here. Seemed to represent himself and the University proudly.

He seemed buried on the depth chart. Get the sense that if we wasn't a MN kid, he may have been asked to look around when Fleck arrived but PJ smartly didn't want to pull a scholarship and burn an early bridge with a local HS coach.

No other P5 offers while Ibrahim also had Iowa and Kentucky offers. Ibrahim has already shown to be, at minimum, a competent B1G running back.

Sure. I just meant that both he and Ibrahim were mixed 2/3* kids, as far as recruiting profile goes, but you're correct on the P5 offers part.

For whatever reasons, Ibrahim showed more to Fleck as was given the opportunity this year, along with Fleck's recruit Williams. London wasn't given the opportunity.

Sure. I just meant that both he and Ibrahim were mixed 2/3* kids, as far as recruiting profile goes, but you're correct on the P5 offers part.

For whatever reasons, Ibrahim showed more to Fleck as was given the opportunity this year, along with Fleck's recruit Williams. London wasn't given the opportunity.

I'm sure most everyone is given an opportunity in practice and team meetings. We only play 1 RB at a time. Femi-Cole played over him as well. 6th on the depth chart and not playing special teams would probably lead me to look at my options.

I hope he has a great experience where he ends up and finishes an education.

First, best of luck to the young man. Never heard anything bad about him while here. Seemed to represent himself and the University proudly.

He seemed buried on the depth chart. Get the sense that if we wasn't a MN kid, he may have been asked to look around when Fleck arrived but PJ smartly didn't want to pull a scholarship and burn an early bridge with a local HS coach.

No other P5 offers while Ibrahim also had Iowa and Kentucky offers. Ibrahim has already shown to be, at minimum, a competent B1G running back.

I don’t think Fleck could pull his scholarship, even if he wanted to. There are rules that prevent that. This is good though for the gophers. London did not appear to have much of a future with the gophers and now we have another scholarship available.

I don’t think Fleck could pull his scholarship, even if he wanted to. There are rules that prevent that. This is good though for the gophers. London did not appear to have much of a future with the gophers and now we have another scholarship available.

I said when Fleck arrived. Sure Fleck could have pulled the scholarship offer. He was still a recruit/verbal commit and hadn't signed a LOI. There was a lot of reshuffling of that class in the final few weeks after Fleck arrived. Just my opinion, but if London was a kid from Missouri and not Minnesota, PJ would have encouraged him to explore his options. But being a local recruit the coach didn't want to ruffle feathers of the local HS coaches. Feel the same way about Bursch. Again, just an opinion. Not meant as a knock on either one as they appear to be stand-up individuals.

I said when Fleck arrived. Sure Fleck could have pulled the scholarship offer. He was still a recruit/verbal commit and hadn't signed a LOI. There was a lot of reshuffling of that class in the final few weeks after Fleck arrived. Just my opinion, but if London was a kid from Missouri and not Minnesota, PJ would have encouraged him to explore his options. But being a local recruit the coach didn't want to ruffle feathers of the local HS coaches. Feel the same way about Bursch. Again, just an opinion. Not meant as a knock on either one as they appear to be stand-up individuals.

Oh sure. He could have at that time.

Top Bottom