Jay Johnson to Colorado as OC

swingman

Reaction score
Gophers 2016 offensive coordinator and old Lakeville kid Jay Johnson will be offensive coordinator at Colorado it appears.

Colorado hired Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker as new head coach. Johnson has been a staffer at Georgia the last few years.

Gophs go to Boulder in 2021, Buffs come here in 2022.

http://footballscoop.com/news/source-mel-tucker-gets-oc-hearing-dc-offered/

He will get to square off against his former boss and current Washington State DC Claeys every year.

He will get to square off against his former boss and current Washington State DC Claeys every year.

WSU is in the Pac-12 North Division, and Colorado is in the Pac-12 South Division. They won't play every year - teams don't play two of their cross-division opponents each season.

WSU is in the Pac-12 North Division, and Colorado is in the Pac-12 South Division. They won't play every year - teams don't play two of their cross-division opponents each season.

For some reason I was thinking Colorado was in the North Division as well. My error.

If he's actually allowed to do what he wants, offer who he wants, etc. he may do alright there. Best of luck to him

He landed on his feet rather nicely. Good for him.

If he's actually allowed to do what he wants, offer who he wants, etc. he may do alright there. Best of luck to him

Yep!!! Word is he wanted Jordan Ta'amu (ended up at Ole' Miss) over McLaurin, but Tracy over-ruled him.

I'm sure glad all the nay-sayers were right in saying Claeys, Johnson, and co. would struggle to find P5 jobs. smh

Congrats to Jay!

Claeys called the shots and pretty much neutered Johnson. Sux but that’s the Kill coaching culture in a butshell

If he sticks around long enough he'll be able to play the Gophers in 2021 and 2022.

Yep!!! Word is he wanted Jordan Ta'amu (ended up at Ole' Miss) over McLaurin, but Tracy over-ruled him.

I'm sure glad all the nay-sayers were right in saying Claeys, Johnson, and co. would struggle to find P5 jobs. smh

Congrats to Jay!

I don't remember these nay-sayers. I think their was a large group that said Claeys would struggle to find a P5 head coaching job.

Top Bottom