Badgers Out Flipping Recruits

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I love ripping on badgers as much as next guy, there class is still better than ours

Yeah, not quite ready to dance on Bucky's grave yet.

I just think its funny they consider that flipping but good for them. They'll remain good for a long time I'm sure.

It's more about Evan Flood taking his job a bit too seriously in saying it's Breaking News that a MAC player flipped to play fullback at Wisconsin.

Last edited:

Fullback is a critical position at Wisconsin and one where stars and where a kid may be committed is completely irrelevant. If they think this kid can be a good fullback, he is more than worth the scholarship. I personally think recruiting reporting is over the top in general (Flood being the main culprit) but this was an important get for the Badgers becasue of depth issues for nest year. He has a definite shot to play early.

As far as the Badgers class goes, it only took about 25 years to get 6 four stars (Rivals) in a single class so it is not exactly something that happens overnight. What I have noticed with Fleck's recruiting is he actually seems like he has a plan with regards to the type of players he wants at certain positons and it appears he has the ability to identify and get those kids. That is how you win consistently against the big boys. It is disappointing to me that he seems to understand that. He is the anti Brewster in that regard.

Fullback is a critical position at Wisconsin and one where stars and where a kid may be committed is completely irrelevant. If they think this kid can be a good fullback, he is more than worth the scholarship. I personally think recruiting reporting is over the top in general (Flood being the main culprit) but this was an important get for the Badgers becasue of depth issues for nest year. He has a definite shot to play early.

As far as the Badgers class goes, it only took about 25 years to get 6 four stars (Rivals) in a single class so it is not exactly something that happens overnight. What I have noticed with Fleck's recruiting is he actually seems like he has a plan with regards to the type of players he wants at certain positons and it appears he has the ability to identify and get those kids. That is how you win consistently against the big boys. It is disappointing to me that he seems to understand that. He is the anti Brewster in that regard.

I agree. I love the way Fleck is recruiting on defense to his system. The last staff changed their system because they struggled recruiting the DL. Midwest recruiting is really becoming competitive with the recent hires:

Frost
Fleck
Chryst
Campbell
Ferentz
Miles
Possibly Klieman

"Fullback is a graveyard for linebackers who couldn't make it." - Kirk Ferentz

Not sure we need to worry about WI anymore. They are on the downslide now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom