7 Maryland (42.5)
8 Iowa (42)
9 Nebraska (40.5)
10 Purdue (36)
11 Penn State (31)
12 Northwestern (30.5)
13 Rutgers (25.5)
14 Illinois (12.5)

Selection, any background here? Is this your formula, or someone else's? How does this compare with other conferences? Will ours drop because of the super soft schedule until B1G resumes?

Selection, any background here? Is this your formula, or someone else's? How does this compare with other conferences? Will ours drop because of the super soft schedule until B1G resumes?

My own (as far as I know). Most teams are now in the soft part of their schedules, so I 'd expect most to level off a bit. Gophers final 3 non-conference opponents only have 7 wins combined.

What’s the formula? Or is it proprietary? Curious what these numbers even mean

What’s the formula? Or is it proprietary? Curious what these numbers even mean

A team's total is:

1 point for every Division I win

1/2 point for every non-DI win

+

points for every win of the teams you beat, with the same rule applying (opponent gets 1 point for all DI wins, 1/2 point for all non-DI wins)

Losses are just losses, don't get any credit or demerit for losing to a good/bad team.

A team's total is:

+

points for every win of the teams you beat, with the same rule applying (opponent gets 1 point for all DI wins, 1/2 point for all non-DI wins)

Losses are just losses, don't get any credit or demerit for losing to a good/bad team.

I can't claim to know how much insight this formula gives us ... but I'm all in favor of finding out! I appreciate the homework.

This is my first season hanging out here: Have you done this in previous years?

JTG

A team's total is:

+

Oh, cool. Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was more advanced than that. Do you think this formula is telling of anything? Or are you just doing it as a fun exercise?

Do you think this formula is telling of anything? Or are you just doing it as a fun exercise?

A little of both.

I think at the end of the regular season it will be pretty reflective of the Big Ten's "pecking order" in terms of which teams have the best chance to garner at-large bids.

A little of both.

I think at the end of the regular season it will be pretty reflective of the Big Ten's "pecking order" in terms of which teams have the best chance to garner at-large bids.

Thanks! I always appreciate your insight. Been gawking around here for years and your analysis is some of the best!

Top Bottom