Shooter: Spectators were fuming it took hour to get out of pkng lot after MN/Okla St

BleedGopher

Reaction score

It's hard to get out when you're downtown and park right under the shadow of the big stadium? O rly shooter? :eek::rolleyes:

Pro tip: If you're going to U.S. bank stadium and want free street parking that gives you an easy out without traffic backups (and you don't mind a little stroll), park along 18th street near the 11th avenue intersection. It's right above the 94 freeway. Easy 10-15 minute walk up 11th ave.

Last edited:

We got out in 10-15 minutes. We were in a ramp about a block or so from the stadium. Nothing unusual.

Park on the other side of downtown and walk the skyways. Take the train. I know the game was late but there are other alternatives. It is not that hard.

per Shooter:

More than a few spectators at the Gophers-Oklahoma State men’s basketball game last week at U.S. Bank Stadium — site of April’s NCAA Final Four — were fuming that it took nearly an hour for some to get out of the underground parking lot just west of the stadium.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/08/charley-walters-vikings-badly-need-win-over-seahawks/

Go Gophers!!

Parking in a ramp is ridiculous IMO. There are plenty of surface lots around the stadium. Easy in, easy out and the prices were reasonable given it wasn't a Viking game.

Friends had ponied up to park a very near flat prepaid lot, and they all had to repay to get out. The machine wouldnt accept their tickets, and it took 1/2 hour for eight cars to exit.

I was in that ramp. Took about 10 minutes to get out.

I was in that ramp. Took about 10 minutes to get out.

It appears 'shooter' is a U hater or he writes things but we only post the negative ones? Is this person paid to make the U look terrible? Is he a bitter WCCO employee..is it Dave Lee?

It appears 'shooter' is a U hater or he writes things but we only post the negative ones? Is this person paid to make the U look terrible? Is he a bitter WCCO employee..is it Dave Lee?

Nah he is just another example of the poor local media. Reusse and Souhan are paid to be jerks and get people ticked off, Shooter is just lazy and has to come up with ways to fill space so he uses vague or misleading information to try and seem edgy.

Were you fuming?

Go Gophers!!

Haha. I was not. Maybe some others took an hour but I doubt it. Saw one car that stalled/died while in line. Probably why it took me 10 minutes instead of 3. Parking at the top of a ramp is a bad gamble. I only parked in that ramp because dinner went long and I wanted to make it in for tip-off. Worked like a charm.

Why the hell would you park in there? Do the smart thing and follow the signs for the exit for as long as you can until you park. The ramp on 5th/5th by the Armory has worked great for me

Why are some of you ripping on the local news for this report? My dad, mom, and brother parked in that ramp, and they told me it took about an hour and a half to get out. Apparently there was a huge issue with the machine not accepting tickets. I can tell you that they've never parked in that ramp before, and probably never will again.

per Shooter:

More than a few spectators at the Gophers-Oklahoma State men’s basketball game last week at U.S. Bank Stadium — site of April’s NCAA Final Four — were fuming that it took nearly an hour for some to get out of the underground parking lot just west of the stadium.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/08/charley-walters-vikings-badly-need-win-over-seahawks/

Go Gophers!!

Great location and easy getting in. Got out and walked across the street and into the Stadium. Took us 55 minutes to get out. For an event that had maybe 10,000 people in it at the end. There was a line of cars behind us when we left. Had to press a button, get a Rep on the screen, read a 9-10 digit code to her and then the gate was open. You can see the problems inherent in that. One of the two gates stuck shut as we were heading out.

Didn't lodge a complaint. It was a "first time thing". There are going to be problems.

Though when they contacted us told them what happened. Hope they get a more streamlined system next time.

Had to wait in line for popcorn at the last game. Sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom