Gopher Volleyball 2019

I don't think I've seen a weirder three games in a row. Crazy...

Third set between Penn State and Cincy is very close at the end, 22-21 Penn State.

Louisville looked good in the first two sets versus Texas. It was like everyone could set and almost everyone could dig. Should be a fun match tomorrow night.

Nice win Gophers. Way to come back and control those last two sets!

After Penn State beats Cincinnati at 11 in the 5th, the Big Ten has four teams in the Elite Eight. Too bad Nebraska and Wisconsin have to face each other.

It took five sets before Penn State subdued the Jordan Thompson (30 kills) Bearcats. Four B1G teams remain. Only three can advance since the Badgers and Huskers meet in Madison.

Penn State hit 65 for 128 with only 9 errors in 5 sets, going .437 (or .438 if 5 rounds up rather than down).

Although I thought it signaled an early exit in the NCAA’s at the time, I think the coming back from being down 0-2 against Michigan and 1-2 against OSU during the season really gave this team confidence in 5 set play. Hugh keeps adjusting and doesn’t let them panic, just finds a way not to lose. Doubt they beat either Creighton or Florida without the earlier five set wins.

Top Bottom