Gopher Volleyball 2019

Louisville wins 15-12 in 5. What an upset.

Well the way to the final four is open. Granted this year's team looks like they could lose to anyone, so I'm not counting anything as done...

Let's just hope that fantastic Louisville win doesn't cause the Gophers to look past Florida. I doubt that it will, though.

Texas had won 36 straight home-court NCAA matches, dating all the way back to 2008, til Louisville beat them tonight.

Gophers down 10-8. Gym looks like a high school level type facility.

Gophers are passing well, but already have had two or three communication errors.

Gym looking bigger with different angle shots. Still down...19-17. Obviously not out.

Well, not quite good enough in the first set. Story of our year. But you have to win 3 sets for a reason.

No, no, no. That's Pittsburgh's site for the Final Four. Sorry.
LOL! I was curious, had to look it up. This gym holds 4,000. While looking for the compacity I noticed that they had a post regarding Charlene McCombs death (Red's wife) who may have died either last night or this morning.

I thought the Gophs played very well in set 1, with slight edges in most of the statistical categories -- all except for attempted kills -- and now they're looking even better in the second.

I thought the Gophs played very well in set 1, with slight edges in most of the statistical categories -- all except for attempted kills -- and now they're looking even better in the second.

It was the early mistakes in the set that killed us. We had two or three times that there was confusion who was getting the ball and some bad receives of serve. Just enough to make the difference.

Weird coincidence: Florida's RPI is 7 and the Gophers' is 10; Florida's seed is 10 and the Gophers' is 7.

well, this doesn't look good. One good set and then this.

Not going well at all. I was hoping that 2 would carry into 3. Haven't done well since the challenge.

Top Bottom