Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    The best way to describe the team is inconsistent (at least for the moment). Which team do they want to be? The one that struggles with Clemson and gets swept by Florida State or the one that swept Florida and Oregon while also knocking off the Stanford juggernaut. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
    In 2018 after the 2nd WI match, which MN won & played well in (a much anticipated match-up), in their next game, the Gophers walked on the PAV floor for warmups looking dead, uninspired and they played that way, too. That surprised me as I expected a really excited Gopher team. I noticed the same lack of inspiration last night vs. Clemson. But it's not shocking if Stanford took a lot out of them. After all, what do you do for an encore after you beat #1 & the defending NCAA champ? (The MN team's losing of late leads is what worries me. When Stanford's in trouble late, they just give the ball to Plummer. But who else has a Plummer?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    In 2018 after the 2nd WI match, which MN won & played well in (a much anticipated match-up), in their next game, the Gophers walked on the PAV floor for warmups looking dead, uninspired and they played that way, too. That surprised me as I expected a really excited Gopher team. I noticed the same lack of inspiration last night vs. Clemson. But it's not shocking if Stanford took a lot out of them. After all, what do you do for an encore after you beat #1 & the defending NCAA champ? (The MN team's losing of late leads is what worries me. When Stanford's in trouble late, they just give the ball to Plummer. But who else has a Plummer?)
    Hopefully Sameday takes on that role this year. Miller is also looking good with some excellent serves. She can also block, which was the weak skill for SSS.

S-a-m-e-d-y
    Last edited by Ignatius L Hoops; Yesterday at 07:47 PM.

Pitt swept Penn State in Happy Valley 17, 21, 23. The Panthers pretty much outplayed PSU in every facet of the match.

Meanwhile, at the Pav, Clemson defeated Oral Roberts in four sets: 14, 23, -23, 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    S-a-m-e-d-y
    Her as well.........:

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
    I thought they might jump Pitt, but the FSU loss is still staining the Gophers resume while Pitt is 10-0. Pitt also beat Oregon with Willow Johnson while Johnson didn't play vs the Gophers. Maybe Penn State will win both against Pitt this weekend. I'd probably still rank Stanford #1 if I was a voter, Nebraska still has to prove themself IMO...

1. Stanford
    2. Texas
    3. Baylor
    4. Penn St
    5. Minnesota
    6. Pitt
    7. Nebraska
    Pittsburgh won the first of their home-and-home matches with Penn State -- at Penn State. Go figure! This was the first time since 1986 that Penn State has lost a non-conference match at home 3-0. Pittsburgh must be for real.