Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

AVCA Preseason Top 25 Poll is out.

The ladies are No. 3.

Link: https://www.avca.org/polls/di-women/8-13-2019.html

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MRJ; 08-13-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Anyone received their tickets in the mail yet?

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Not yet. We received football tickets yesterday. I'm assuming another two weeks before volley tickets arrive since the first home match is Sept. 7.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    I called last week because I didn't see my tickets on my account. They said they'd be mailed in the next two weeks.

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/8...-saturday.aspx

Intra-squad scrimmage this Saturday the 24th:

The University of Minnesota volleyball program will host an intrasquad scrimmage on Saturday, August 24 at 3:30 p.m. Admission is free and open to the public. Doors open at 2:30 p.m., with warmups beginning approximately at 2:45 p.m.

Fans are encouraged to enter Maturi Pavilion through the west lobby or Daily Entrance (University Ave) and sit on the south side of the Pavilion. Parking is available in the University Ave Ramp, 4th Street Ramp, Lot 37, and the Maroon Lot. Please note that many of these lots may have limited space due to Minnesota State Fair visitors. Concessions will be open on the south concourse (University Ave).

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-v...ion/554882402/
    Alexis Hart doesn't need a thermometer to tell the difference. The Gophers senior can measure the temperature change at Maturi Pavilion just by the amount of laundry she generates during volleyball practice.

"I sweat a lot, the most on the team," Hart said after Monday's workout. "I'm only going through two shirts now instead of four. It's a lot nicer."

The competition in practice is as hot as ever, as the third-ranked Gophers prepare for the Aug. 30 season opener at North Carolina. But the addition of air conditioning to the Pav — part of a $5.1 million package of improvements — has cooled off a building that used to feel like a blast furnace in summer and early fall. With their longtime home finally brought into the era of modern climate control, the Gophers have been able to practice with more energy and less misery.
    Hart called the air conditioning "a blessing," while teammate Stephanie Samedy said it has helped the Gophers focus solely on their work and not on their discomfort.

"You come in here and you have a sweater on, and you're kind of actually cold for once," she said. "It's not, you walk out and you start sweating.

"Sometimes, I would notice I would feel more fatigued, just because of the extra heat and the energy I'm expending. But now, it's kind of like volleyball, and just that. You don't have to worry about anything else."

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/8...19-roster.aspx

Confirming what we assumed:

University of Minnesota volleyball head coach Hugh McCutcheon has announced the addition of Tamara Dolonga (Varazdin, Croatia) to the 2019 roster. She is set to compete this fall with the team.

"We're excited to add Tamara to the Gopher Volleyball program," McCutcheon said. "She's a great addition to our program."

Dolonga, a 5-foot, 8-inch setter played for Kitro Varazdin Club Team in the Croatian Volleyball National 1B League Club Team. With Kitro, Dolonga helped her team win gold at the international Sarajevo tournament in 2017 and 2018, Ljublijana in 2018, and Baranja in 2016. She was also named the tournament's better setter at all three events and was also named the Most Valuable Player at the 2018 Sarajevo tournament.