Official Brad Davison is a Tool Thread

It is quite amazing how Davison has found a home in the brain of so many people who post on this site.
I suppose he is amused by it.
I know! It's not like it's Badger week and we are talking about the dirtiest player in the college basketball the very week we were playing him.

Wait. . .you're attempting to defend this sh!tstain and you decided it was easier to pretend like you believe it's weird we are commenting on him. We played the guy 2 days ago. If we are still talking about him 5 years from now you might be getting close to something that resembles a point.

He is a jackass. I just had to roll my eyes after the Michigan - Wisconsin altercation last week- Davison kept wanting to get everyone over to sing their varsity song. They are separating guys left and right - high tension - coaches just trying to get kids to the locker room “hey let’s go sing varsity”

He is a jackass. I just had to roll my eyes after the Michigan - Wisconsin altercation last week- Davison kept wanting to get everyone over to sing their varsity song. They are separating guys left and right - high tension - coaches just trying to get kids to the locker room “hey let’s go sing varsity”
He's gonna end up going pro after college. He's a helluva tenor.

Davison has proven himself as a player and a person.

Issue for him is the player portion ends soon. Him as a person will stick with him for a long time.

Very little respect if any for people who conduct themselves that way and that lingers for a long time.

Once you're known to be that type of person, it doesn't scrub off.

I have talked to multiple people who know Davison and they all swear he is an amazing person. My former co-worker's daughter went to prom with him, and the co-worker loves Davison. It would seem he is a much different person off the court.

I have talked to multiple people who know Davison and they all swear he is an amazing person. My former co-worker's daughter went to prom with him, and the co-worker loves Davison. It would seem he is a much different person off the court.
That all may very well be true. The sad part is that all he will be remembered for outside of Wisconsin is being a dirty player.

In 10 years some player will do something cheap and fans will be like....."remember that guy who used to play for Wisconsin....what was his name.....Davidson maybe.....man he used to love hitting dudes in the nuts....."

That all may very well be true. The sad part is that all he will be remembered for outside of Wisconsin is being a dirty player.

In 10 years some player will do something cheap and fans will be like....."remember that guy who used to play for Wisconsin....what was his name.....Davidson maybe.....man he used to love hitting dudes in the nuts....."
Sure, I was just responding to Face the Facts (clearly a board name stolen from mine :) ) comment "Once you're known to be that type of person, it doesn't scrub off." Dirty player, sure, but bad person, no. A good reminder that sports isn't real life.

Sure, I was just responding to Face the Facts (clearly a board name stolen from mine :) ) comment "Once you're known to be that type of person, it doesn't scrub off." Dirty player, sure, but bad person, no. A good reminder that sports isn't real life.
Absolutely. Offensive Lineman in football are a perfect example of this split. On the field, offensive lineman can be physical and "dirty" but off the field offensive lineman tend to be some of the nicest guys on the team.

Juwan Howard may be a prime example of just that. He wasn't an ass as a player but obviously is as a coach. However, almost anyone who interacts with him away from basketball talks very highly of him and talks of his generosity.

Brad will always be disliked by some Gopher fans. He's a Badger who left the state and had success there. He has done 2 or 3 obvious things in his career (which were mind bogglingly stupid and immature) and he has to own that forever. However, the other crap you see people complain about is always a stretch. The Iowa game comes to mind with McCaffrey or the recent Michigan game where Dickinson flopped trying to get a call on a screen. It's smart for teams to react to anything he does and he's smart for still managing to draw charges when a ref doesn't want to call them. People at OSU who boo Davison cheered for Aaron Craft. Everyone else hated him. It's part of sports IMO.

I know I'm not like some Gopher fans who hate everything or everyone from Wisconsin, but I think anyone who has played a competitive sport knows that brings out the worst in them, especially in defeat. Hell, it does to some fans who arent directly involved. It's easy to forget they're all human beings for some.

I promise I'm not Brad or a relative. Lol.

Juwan Howard may be a prime example of just that. He wasn't an ass as a player but obviously is as a coach. However, almost anyone who interacts with him away from basketball talks very highly of him and talks of his generosity.

Brad will always be disliked by some Gopher fans. He's a Badger who left the state and had success there. He has done 2 or 3 obvious things in his career (which were mind bogglingly stupid and immature) and he has to own that forever. However, the other crap you see people complain about is always a stretch. The Iowa game comes to mind with McCaffrey or the recent Michigan game where Dickinson flopped trying to get a call on a screen. It's smart for teams to react to anything he does and he's smart for still managing to draw charges when a ref doesn't want to call them. People at OSU who boo Davison cheered for Aaron Craft. Everyone else hated him. It's part of sports IMO.

I know I'm not like some Gopher fans who hate everything or everyone from Wisconsin, but I think anyone who has played a competitive sport knows that brings out the worst in them, especially in defeat. Hell, it does to some fans who arent directly involved. It's easy to forget they're all human beings for some.

A.J. Pierzynski was another prime example of this concept. Guys on his team loved him, fans and players on other teams hated him. I have no doubt Davison is a decent guy off the court and frankly I respect a lot of the things he does on the court because he plays hard and is super competitive.

But he has also done enough dirty stuff over the course of his career that is going to stick with him and will be his legacy for those that are not Badger fans.

He grew up dreaming of playing for the gophers……. Every year we will hear/read it

I know plenty of badger fans who are sick of his antics. It’s not just gophers super fans who are tired of his behavior on the court.

The other "small" things are small by themselves, but put together as a whole along with the several very obvious dirty plays, it's easy to see why so many dislike him.

I think it would help to some degree if Gard at least recognized why many consider him to be a dirty player. Instead he acts like Davison has never done anything wrong. You can defend your player while recognizing why he gets criticized at the same time.

The reality is that while Davison is fully responsible for his reputation, everything that people have tried to claim is a dirty play this year is just normal basketball stuff that's been twisted around because he's involved.

Based on everything I read in this thread he has to have the body control of someone from "The Matrix" to be engaging in these premeditated cheapshots.

The reality is that while Davison is fully responsible for his reputation, everything that people have tried to claim is a dirty play this year is just normal basketball stuff that's been twisted around because he's involved.

Based on everything I read in this thread he has to have the body control of someone from "The Matrix" to be engaging in these premeditated cheapshots.
You may well be right in this assessment. The messy part of the whole situation is that it is Davison's own fault that people assume anything he does now is dirty based on things he has done in the past that were 1000% dirty.

Just last game when they played Rutgers he was apparently saluting their crowd after made 3's. Idk what that's about and maybe he thrives off of being hated or cheered against. However, he comes off cocky and it adds to the bad rep. The positive for all is after their next 2 games and the BTT, he's done with the B1G and we're done with him.

Many UW fans by me aren't fond of his antics and don't make excuses for it. We can go back to ripping him. Just wanted to point out like most people from Minnesota, he seems like a good dude. He says all the right things about and for his school. He's just doing it for the wrong school.

I think that if Davison plays for your team, you would love him. If he plays on the other team, you hate him.
Someone mentioned A.J. Pierzynski and Ozzie Guillen's quote about A.J. went like this: "If you play against him, you hate him. If you play with him, you hate him a little less."

I doubt Badger players feel that way about him. He's a competitor and does a lot of little things that add up. But he's earned his reputation as a dirty rather than simply hard-nosed player. The nut shots pretty much say everything.

It is quite amazing how Davison has found a home in the brain of so many people who post on this site.
I suppose he is amused by it.
This is always the lamest defense of a person. "Yeah he's a POS, but he's in your head rent free". Ok cool yes I'm bothered by someone being an asshole, hats off to them?

Why didn’t he play at MN? MN kinda stinks at getting local kids to play for the U.

2 years from now when he is playing pickup games at the Life Time in Maple Grove we will see how his style of play treats him.
Yeah I don't think the guys playing pickup ball or in adult men's leagues will put up with the nut punches, trips, flops, etc. He will find that out in a hurry.

I will say it again, Davison is living in some people's brains.
So he wins.

So he wins.
Even if this were remotely true, what does he win from having random fans on a message board see him as a thug and not as a quality basketball player?

this idea you have about how much people actually care about Davison is pretty warped. He makes for good message board fodder because of his antics. But outside of that, Davison is a non-factor in everyone’s life and when they aren’t discussing something stupid he did here they aren’t thinking of him at all.

Yep, I have heard the exact same thing.

Just last game when they played Rutgers he was apparently saluting their crowd after made 3's. Idk what that's about and maybe he thrives off of being hated or cheered against. However, he comes off cocky and it adds to the bad rep. The positive for all is after their next 2 games and the BTT, he's done with the B1G and we're done with him.

Many UW fans by me aren't fond of his antics and don't make excuses for it. We can go back to ripping him. Just wanted to point out like most people from Minnesota, he seems like a good dude. He says all the right things about and for his school. He's just doing it for the wrong school.
A lot of players do this when the opposing crowds run their mouth all game, Dickinson was doing it big time a few games back and it was kinda funny

So he wins.
I think you vastly overstate the presence of Davison in anyone's head.

He's basically Steve Grote, the guy everyone loved to hate on the mid-1970s Michigan squad that featured Phil Hubbard and Rickey Green.

As per Gard, he coaches in pretty much the same pattern as originally practiced by Bobby Knight, but really perfected under Dick Bennett and has been the pattern at Wisconsin ever since. If you bang around the opposition early in the game and maybe pick up a few egregious fouls in the process, a lot of things after that seem mild by comparison and the refs swallow their whistles.

Top Bottom