Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeddysprings View Post
    You are ridiculous.
    I agree, three games is not nearly enough. If the HC was any kind of leader he would have buried that cheating flopper on the bench for the rest of the year to teach him a lesson.

We all know Bo Ryan would not have tolerating cheapening the game with all that flopping. I'd be looking for a coaching change soon from Big Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeddysprings View Post
    You are ridiculous.
    Because i disagree with you ! I want cheap plays punished even if it is a player or a team i follow. I thought Grayson Allen crossed the line with his thirst to win at any cost and i think Brad has as well. Several flops have put players at risk, tripping is really cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Several flops have put players at risk, tripping is really cheap.
    I agree that tripping is cheap, and injuries can occur during hard charges or blocking fouls. However I fail to see how "flops have put players at risk". Although not the dictionary definition, my "sports definition" of flopping is when an athlete exaggerates his motions, especially falling down, after not being hit particularly hard. How does that put players at risk?
    I'm the type of guy a girl could take home to meet her dog.

Quote Originally Posted by graydon View Post
    I agree that tripping is cheap, and injuries can occur during hard charges or blocking fouls. However I fail to see how "flops have put players at risk". Although not the dictionary definition, my "sports definition" of flopping is when an athlete exaggerates his motions, especially falling down, after not being hit particularly hard. How does that put players at risk?
    I agree with you. Not a risky move, just cheap and poor sportsmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An aside to this whole discussion: Since when did it become commonplace to deceive and openly lie to referees to try to gain an advantage in sports? I know I’m an old fart, but this is a general pet peeve of mine. When we played pick-up basketball and football in my youth, we relied on the honesty of every player. If you touched the ball last, you offered that up. If you hacked someone on a jump shot, you willingly admitted it. I hate this culture of lying, and Davison embodies the worst of this culture. I know, this ship has already sailed, but I still hate it. One more thing: I love the rare occasions when a basketball player offers a hand to a fallen opponent. I guess that’s also not “cool” in today’s trash-talk, in-your-face sports culture. Ok, done with my rant. Now you youngsters can rip me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bordergopher View Post
    An aside to this whole discussion: Since when did it become commonplace to deceive and openly lie to referees to try to gain an advantage in sports? I know I’m an old fart, but this is a general pet peeve of mine. When we played pick-up basketball and football in my youth, we relied on the honesty of every player. If you touched the ball last, you offered that up. If you hacked someone on a jump shot, you willingly admitted it. I hate this culture of lying, and Davison embodies the worst of this culture. I know, this ship has already sailed, but I still hate it. One more thing: I love the rare occasions when a basketball player offers a hand to a fallen opponent. I guess that’s also not “cool” in today’s trash-talk, in-your-face sports culture. Ok, done with my rant. Now you youngsters can rip me.

For at least 70 years, bg. Your backyard ballgame is not very high stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    For at least 70 years, bg. Your backyard ballgame is not very high stakes.
    No. Sportsmanship is one of the life lessons of playing sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post

That’s what I was taught, but apparently that’s not the case anymore.

So is cheating at high level stakes sports...

Agreed. Class acts still trump barn yard ball.

Bumping this thread to save everyone the trouble of finding it for tonight’s game.

O/U on the number of flops tonight? How about 3

I hope Davison tries to draw charges on Murph!

nm
    Last edited by justthefacts; 01-03-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Because i disagree with you ! I want cheap plays punished even if it is a player or a team i follow. I thought Grayson Allen crossed the line with his thirst to win at any cost and i think Brad has as well. Several flops have put players at risk, tripping is really cheap.
    Comparing Brad Davison taking charges in which he is the one taking the punishment to Grayson allen is beyond absurd.