Official Brad Davison is a Tool Thread

MN not going after this kid condemns the entire MN gopher bball coaching staff.

As a relatively new troll here you may not know that his recruitment/not recruitment was a huge topic of discussion on this board. It is clear the recruiting of him from our end was soft, as it was for every high major school in the country until the summer of his junior year (due at least partially to his choice not to play summer tournament ball after his sophomore year). His recruiting blew up, and the coaching staff (mostly no longer here) had Washington higher on their list. People can call that a mistake and be fair, but that was the history. Your condemnation of the coaching staff has to be tempered at least somewhat by his newfound and deserved reputation as a dirty player. It is clear he has had more on court success than Washington, but there are two and two thirds seasons to go. So far, we have no evidence of IW pulling any kind of crap that Davison has. In a world that respects virtue, that has to mean something. Intentional low blows have no place in any game, and have to rate up there with the dirtiest of all plays. No excuses and no justifications. It's embarrassing to him, his school, his community and his family, and he needs to issue a public apology.

Then again, as a troll, you may know all of this and not really care.

He is from MN? Why do we hate one our north star state sons? Why do the gophs not recruit those kids. Oh, we did? And he turned us down......oh I see. If we can’t get the best or the second best from our own state we are doomed to be bottom of the big ten

Why is it assumed every athlete should stay in state? Maybe he wanted to get away from his parents? Maybe he’s into the drinking culture in Madison? I have no idea.

I’m from Milwaukee and the last place I had interest was Madison. I wanted to be out of Wisconsin going to a B1G school.

He is from MN? Why do we hate one our north star state sons? Why do the gophs not recruit those kids. Oh, we did? And he turned us down......oh I see. If we can’t get the best or the second best from our own state we are doomed to be bottom of the big ten

You just said in the football thread that you're not from here. Weird.

As a relatively new troll here you may not know that his recruitment/not recruitment was a huge topic of discussion on this board. It is clear the recruiting of him from our end was soft, as it was for every high major school in the country until the summer of his junior year (due at least partially to his choice not to play summer tournament ball after his sophomore year). His recruiting blew up, and the coaching staff (mostly no longer here) had Washington higher on their list. People can call that a mistake and be fair, but that was the history. Your condemnation of the coaching staff has to be tempered at least somewhat by his newfound and deserved reputation as a dirty player. It is clear he has had more on court success than Washington, but there are two and two thirds seasons to go. So far, we have no evidence of IW pulling any kind of crap that Davison has. In a world that respects virtue, that has to mean something. Intentional low blows have no place in any game, and have to rate up there with the dirtiest of all plays. No excuses and no justifications. It's embarrassing to him, his school, his community and his family, and he needs to issue a public apology.

Then again, as a troll, you may know all of this and not really care.

It was a dirty play and Davison seems like a brat who can't control his emotions, but issue a public apology? Good grief settle down.

Maybe MN new about this crap and said no thanks..

No need to recruit in state guys like this........he's a DB

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Maybe MN new about this crap and said no thanks..

No need to recruit in state guys like this........he's a DB

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not likely. This staff had far worse marks on recruits they did take. Davison made a terrible mistake.

The most annoying part about Davidson is all that it would take to making him be a cheap player is if he would get called for blocking fouls when he commits blocking fouls.

If he had a foul or two he couldn’t just slide in front of everyone all the time. Too risky.
Probably over 50% of charges he takes are good calls. But if the 30-40% of the ones he takes that are bad calls were called blocks instead. He can’t even attempt to make that play again.

Davison made a big mistake. The spotlight, negative attention is going to be on him big time. Just like Grayson Allen.

He is going to get someone hurt. I can't remember who Wisconsin was playing last year when on the last second other team inbound, Davison surprised the other team by stopping on the baseline and drawing the charge. Last year against Ohio State he was running full speed and stopped suddenly in front of the Ohio State pursuer who ended up on top of Davison. Not normal basketball plays.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Davison made a terrible mistake.

It's not a "mistake" when the guy does this kind of thing over and over. It's the way he plays.

Maybe he's never been caught hitting someone in the nuts on camera, but last year he blatantly tripped Nate Mason and easily could've cause a serious injury. And the guy throws his body around like he's playing football out there.

It's not a "mistake" when the guy does this kind of thing over and over. It's the way he plays.

Maybe he's never been caught hitting someone in the nuts on camera, but last year he blatantly tripped Nate Mason and easily could've cause a serious injury. And the guy throws his body around like he's playing football out there.

I remember last year when he did that to Mason thinking how long will it before he really hurts someone?

I called it a terrible mistake and called for a suspension.

I called it a terrible mistake and called for a suspension.

Hat tip for calling for a suspension. Good for you.

Where we will differ, and I think many on this board as well, is that he made a "mistake." A mistake is an act of passion usually in the heat of the moment. Taking a shot in the nuts at a guy in the open floor goes beyond "mistake" to strategy and an attempt to get away with something. Who even thinks about taking a poke at the family jewels of another player?

As expected, the Testicular Cancer Society chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Hat tip for calling for a suspension. Good for you.

Where we will differ, and I think many on this board as well, is that he made a "mistake." A mistake is an act of passion usually in the heat of the moment. Taking a shot in the nuts at a guy in the open floor goes beyond "mistake" to strategy and an attempt to get away with something. Who even thinks about taking a poke at the family jewels of another player?

Yep, only "mistake" he made was getting caught. The action itself was 100% intentional and just stupid. The microscope is on him now and officials will be watching for future dirty plays like this one more now. Just no place for that kind of crap in the game and players who things like that are just bad for the game. You can play hard without playing dirty but Davidson doesn't seem to understand that, very similar to Grayson Allen just in a player with a lot less talent.

Never forgive the refs for the blatant trip against Mason that cost us the game last year. Dirty punk player.

Not likely. This staff had far worse marks on recruits they did take. Davison made a terrible mistake.
Recently? Bogus. There is no excuse for trying to hurt someone on the court.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What get's me is at the end when he hears the whistle and points down the court like it's their ball... was he still trying to sell a moving screen? Sheeze.

I blame Hauser. His balls got in the way of Davison's arm. He should know better.

It would almost be worth getting suspended to give it back to him. I think an Iowa player should do so....:cool:

It would almost be worth getting suspended to give it back to him. I think an Iowa player should do so....:cool:

I suggest we suit up Big Dan Faalele when we play 'em. That would be worth the price of admission. Just one forearm to the face ...

JTG

I wonder if Big Dan has ever played hoops? Heck, he might be able to help this team beyond obliterating Tool Boy.

I suggest we suit up Big Dan Faalele when we play 'em. That would be worth the price of admission. Just one forearm to the face ...

JTG

I mean...I don't like the guy, but I don't want him dead.

Recently? Bogus. There is no excuse for trying to hurt someone on the court.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I said it deserves a suspension. There is no reason for anyone to hurt someone off the court either.

Top Bottom