Gophers receive commitment from JUCO cornerback Damarion Williams - Twincities.com

Durr and Thomas will be juniors next year along with Williams. Williamson will be the only senior. So between those 3 and Terrel Smith we appear to be setup very well at corner. I’m wondering who is going to play safety.

Well Winfield still has two years, correct? Then I suppose Jordan Howden will play a significant role. Benny Sapp, Swenson, and Aune are other options. Nubin may be asked to contribute right away. Estes hasn't seen much action, not sure if he projects more as a safety or a CB, same thing with CJ Smith. Justus Harris is another guy that has seen some action, but I think it's been at cb.

Well Winfield still has two years, correct? Then I suppose Jordan Howden will play a significant role. Benny Sapp, Swenson, and Aune are other options. Nubin may be asked to contribute right away. Estes hasn't seen much action, not sure if he projects more as a safety or a CB, same thing with CJ Smith. Justus Harris is another guy that has seen some action, but I think it's been at cb.

I believe Winfield still has three... if he gets the medical redshirt being sought for him. Correct?

We all know Winfield is great, but the reality is he’s missed the last two seasons with injuries. Howden improved a lot as the year went on, but struggled mightily at first. Sapp didn’t play safety at all, which is concerning since he played extensively on special teams and it wasn’t a redshirt year. The other names are just that for right now, names that haven’t seen much action. Safety appears to be the thinnest position on the team.

What is up with Benny Sapp? I thought he was going to play a bigger role in 2018. As mentioned, he basically played just on special teams. Do you think by his jr-sr years he will be starting?

Top Bottom