***OFFICIAL ARKANSAS ST AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Ugly half. Being outscored 43-36 since the ~ 12:00 mark of the first half

Stull hits another 3. This guy needs to shoot more going forward

No IW in the second half at all. Would anyone be shocked if he transfers between semesters?

No IW in the second half at all. Would anyone be shocked if he transfers between semesters?

Bit wierd especially how this second half is going. Zero energy w/ gabe and amir each making a couple very lazy tunrovers.... amir sleep walking though this game and still getting 35+ minutes would be frustrating as any bench player

Why play a kid that doesn't appear to be listening to the coaches?

I think the sloppy play with lots of mental mistakes is here to stay. Turnover, missed FTs all point toward an unfocused, undisciplined team this year. I don't think its due to lack of talent.

Yes, I think he will play this year out. We are only 1/3 of the way through.

Not as dominating as I hoped overall, especially after the really hot start. Glad to be 8-2. Way too many turnovers for sure. Was hoping to see more minutes for the bench guys. Glad Stull hit some shots and that Dupree had a solid game. Like to see a more dialed performance on Tuesday before the finals break. I do think that 10-day break will be good for the team. The way this November/December schedule played out with all the travel and games away from Williams was quite a grinder - not to mention what was going on with Dupree.

So i missed the first half but were washington and omersa that bad to get no minutes in the second half? The guys that played didnt seem very interested and the guys that subbed in arent exactly our high energy guys

Well I can't think of one good thing to say about that second half. We're 10 games in now and this team still hasn't come close to putting together 40 minutes of basketball. Really concerned with the lack of playing time for Isaiah. Pitino went with Stull when he finally put in some reserves (starters played like the first 10 min of second half straight...and were not even extending the lead) and I just don't think this team can do anything unless Washington figures it out to some degree. This should have been a 30 point blowout type of game and it certainly wasn't that.

Well I can't think of one good thing to say about that second half. We're 10 games in now and this team still hasn't come close to putting together 40 minutes of basketball. Really concerned with the lack of playing time for Isaiah. Pitino went with Stull when he finally put in some reserves (starters played like the first 10 min of second half straight...and were not even extending the lead) and I just don't think this team can do anything unless Washington figures it out to some degree. This should have been a 30 point blowout type of game and it certainly wasn't that.

The line was 20 - and Vegas does a great job with the lines generally. 30 seems like hyperbole.

The line was 20 - and Vegas does a great job with the lines generally. 30 seems like hyperbole.

Arkansas State lost to Abilene Christian by 21 and Grand Canyon by 24

Arkansas State lost to Abilene Christian by 21 and Grand Canyon by 24

#9 Kentucky lost to an unranked Seton Hall team with 3 losses today.

#3 Duke is only beating Yale by 4 at home.

Sh*t happens. These are 18-22 year-old kids and we just played a very intense and emotional game a couple days ago. I'd say a bit of a letdown was to be expected. I just love when my team's "letdowns" are a 16-point win.

This is bad news. Who is the PG next year? It won’t be IW. If he’s that much trouble that he can’t get in the game in the second half two games in a row, then it’s time to part ways already. This has to go a lot deeper than bad shooting. Ew.

Last edited:

Bit wierd especially how this second half is going. Zero energy w/ gabe and amir each making a couple very lazy tunrovers.... amir sleep walking though this game and still getting 35+ minutes would be frustrating as any bench player

Pitino has never substituted much in the nonconference part of the schedule, later in the year when he needs some of these players they have no game experience, not sure how much it matters but it keeps kids involved, interested, and motivates them, Tubby did a much better job of this. If they can't win a game like this substituting then they have no bench at all which I just don't believe.

This is bad news. Who is the PG next year? It won’t be IW. If he’s that much trouble that he can’t get in the game in the second half two games in a row, then it’s time to part ways already. This has to go a lot deeper than bad shooting. Ew.

Hope it's nothing, but pretty sure we have a guy named marcus carr to play point next year!

Or maybe IW will figure out how Pitino wants him to run the offense. He has the ability, we have the need at the position, but he has to do what is required or he can't play. That's what coaches do to players that aren't working the system or playing hard enough on defense.

Yes, I would be shocked.
He likely needs a sports psychologist to help him relax. The kid can play, he's just pressing and needs to trust himself, his teammates and the coaches.
I don't think he's a coward. I think he's going to be fine. He needs support, however.

The PG next year is Marcus Carr. IW did play some in the 2nd half against Nebraska not a lot maybe like 4 minutes. The lack of effort defensively was what put him on the bench today. Offensively he wasn't great but he was alright. Defensively however it looked like he had no interest and was very lackadaisical.

d
Yes, I would be shocked.
He likely needs a sports psychologist to help him relax. The kid can play, he's just pressing and needs to trust himself, his teammates and the coaches.
I don't think he's a coward. I think he's going to be fine. He needs support, however.

He also needs an attitude adjustment - so that he plays hard and hustles - particularly on defense.

The PG next year is Marcus Carr. IW did play some in the 2nd half against Nebraska not a lot maybe like 4 minutes. The lack of effort defensively was what put him on the bench today. Offensively he wasn't great but he was alright. Defensively however it looked like he had no interest and was very lackadaisical.

Carr's not really a PG either though, more of a combo/SG than a pure PG, I think Coffey continues to play the PG position next year with Carr at Dupree's position.

d

He also needs an attitude adjustment - so that he plays hard and hustles - particularly on defense.
"It's positively mental, I must say."
5f78645dde6cfbcfddd7b1177a9706e2.jpg

Carr's not really a PG either though, more of a combo/SG than a pure PG, I think Coffey continues to play the PG position next year with Carr at Dupree's position.

Well then we are hopeless for this year and next too.

Carr started a ton of games at PG last year for Pitt in the ACC.

No, and I must admit, I wouldn’t be devastated if he did. He has tons of talent but he just will not let the game come to him. He continually overplays, forces things at the wrong time and simply makes poor decisions. Until he corrects those issues, it is going to be hard to put him on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 Kentucky lost to an unranked Seton Hall team with 3 losses today.

#3 Duke is only beating Yale by 4 at home.

Sh*t happens. These are 18-22 year-old kids and we just played a very intense and emotional game a couple days ago. I'd say a bit of a letdown was to be expected. I just love when my team's "letdowns" are a 16-point win.

This. We won the game that meant nothing and was hard to get up for emotionally after the big win over Nebraska. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grimm seemed to really like saying Cockfeild today.... just saying

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Coffey is not a point guard. If that is the decision this year it is based on desperation. If that is the decision next year, I will be very disappointed.

Game was fun. Coasted to a win. Oturu looked good

Grimm seemed to really like saying Cockfeild today.... just saying

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Grimm never disappoints. Thought he was in danger of an aneurysm today as Ark. St. was "pounding" Murphy. Murphy should have had 25 free throws, according to our play by play guy. Grimm comes across as just another irrational gopher's fan. Love him.

Top Bottom