Reusse: Washington attempting to catch up to Wright, Davison in sophomore season

Close the borders and when a stud top 10 overall comes around, KEEP HIM HERE.

How exactly do you do that? There's no such thing as tariffs in basketball recruiting.

Davison would be a great addition to the team but he wouldn't solve the PG issue because he isn't really a true PG. He's more of a 2.

Yes, that is a fundamental point here. He's actually having a bit of a soph slump as well.

I don't follow him but what surprises me most is how many people on this site get so bent out of shape about him. There are always some negative sports (or politics, or entertainment, etc.) writers. Also, I know this is a foreign concept to many of you, but it's actually a good thing to have a few people who are perennial critics, who are not sucked into a fascist consensus of mindless cheerleading (in some cases just because they can't tolerate the risk of being socially unacceptable), and who are always willing to say that "the emperor has no clothes."

You have framed it up as there being only two types of sports writers- negative writers or total "homers". I reject the argument as nonesense.

You have framed it up as there being only two types of sports writers- negative writers or total "homers". I reject the argument as nonesense.

No, I didn't say that. I wasn't referring to writers when I mentioned those who are really upset by contrarians.

No, I didn't say that. I wasn't referring to writers when I mentioned those who are really upset by contrarians.

If I misunderstood, my apologies. Reusse is a solid writer and knowledgable sports reporter. Just not sure why his shtick is to be "angry white guy". Gets old. He could write insightful, objective, insider type columns but he doesn't. He trolls and then half the people side with him, the other half are pissed (love me, hate me, just dont ignore me). I get it. He has a mortgage like everyone else and has to keep the shtick going. I just don't like it.

It breeds more of the same and generally makes the sports scene unfriendly. It is not like this everywhere. Some places have great sports writers that could go in either direction, always add insight, and are generally supportive of the local team. They know their words carry weight that might impact players coming to town.

Just because we are from Minnesota we do not need to live up to the "Grumpy old Men" stereotype.

Top Bottom