Game 9: Gopher Visit Boston College (12-9-18)

Might want to defend period. Really really poor defense being played by the team right now.

It can be difficult to defend with the refs blowing easy whistles for everyone except Bell.

Not a fan of the reffing today.

This is the type of defensive performance I would have expected from a Stollings coached team.

On top of that, Bell has been a liability today on both ends. Out of control, forcing things, turning it over like crazy and still can't make free throws.

I wouldn’t talk about officiating because some on here will rip your head off for stating your opinion on refs.

I don't expect K. Bello or Byrne to play in this game, unless the winner has already been determined. Those two not yet ready for prime time.

Pretty much true. Means T. Bello and Bell need to gut it out with less than one more foul.

Watching this online. Seems that the announcers are much more of "homers" than what we would get on BTN. At least that is my opinion.

The team has made a good decision to have Brunson serve as the primary ball-handler over the past few minutes. Let Bell play off the ball. Obviously having Bello in the post also has made a ton of difference over the past couple of minutes.

Bye Guy! ����

Brunson with some key buckets down the stretch. Bello with a big bucket and some big rebounds.

The team has made a good decision to have Brunson serve as the primary ball-handler over the past few minutes.

Except for her bricking important free throws down the stretch. Lucky they didn’t need them.

With less than a minute to go. We have got to do better on free throws!

Let's see if they can make some free throws with the pressure on down the stretch...

Good job by Whalen to get Pitts the ball coming out of the timeout.

I don't have the video, but sounds like they turned sloppy 3Q D into tight 4Q D.

Ugly game but the gophers found a way to win. Nice job.

I don't have the video, but sounds like they turned sloppy 3Q D into tight 4Q D.

Defense was certainly a bit better, but the biggest difference to me was having Brunson take over as the primary at the point, allowing Bell to get some movement off the ball to spread things out and then getting a few offensive rebounds from Bello down the stretch. BC also helped by committing a few stupid turnovers, but the bottom line is the ladies found some extra energy in the final minutes. Having Pitts with the ball in her hands with BC trailing also didn't hurt. :eek:

Survived foul trouble for a nice road win!

Destiny Pitts and defense holding them scoreless for 7 minutes was sorely needed.

35 pts for Pitts, 11-12 from FT (can she teach Brunson and Bell her form?)

Timely performance from her.

Moral of this game: Need Bello on the floor.

Survived foul trouble for a nice road win!

Well now we see how this team plays with only 10 points from Bell n Bello. Pitts with 35 n $ @ the line ! Not pretty but they get the W.

Thanks Destiny! And also a big thanks for Taiye for her late fourth quarter surge including the shot from the elbow and the free throws which helped get things reversed.

This will be a good win for the gophers come march. Nice to win a road game when you’re not playing the best.

Can we adopt the ref crew from the Syracuse game and make sure we don’t get this ref crew again?

The Syracuse ref crew allowed 3 Gopher players (including Bello) to play 40 min.

Whew. Put this one in the win column, thanks to Destiny. 35 points, 11 of 12 from the free throw line. Bello ends up with 8 rebounds in the short time she played. She's been committing some silly fouls in recent games and will have to eliminate those, as the Gophers need her on the floor. Brunson and Lamke with solid games also. Late in the game against Syracuse, the Gophers made the mistake of not getting the ball to Pitts when Syracuse was looking to foul. Looks like they learned from that mistake.

Top Bottom