Barreiro interview with Pitino

MennoSota

Reaction score
I heard the interview with Pitino and Barreiro around 5pm.

Pitino addressed the body language of Washington.

He said that Isaiah has a natural body language that others may perceive as bad, but Pitino didn't think it was intentional. He did say that IW needed to project a more team first image so he was glad the TV announcers pointed it out. Said a fresh voice might help. Pitino said IW was great in the locker after the game and at today's practice. He said the coaches talk about how the kids need to sell themselves on camera when they have all these televised games. They need to project a team first attitude to any scouts who are watching. Pitino thinks IW will get it eventually.

Pitino said that Amir has the potential to be a role player in the NBA and that scouts look for the intangibles besides just scoring. Praised Amir for his defensive effort.

Pitino said that three rookies have played out of necessity. He's really looking forward to Eric Curry being back, but don't want to rush him. Said Murph, McBrayer and Coffey have been steady leaders. He was glad to see Coffey pick it up another level.

He also said that Curry had just dunked the ball while the interview was going on so he felt Curry was close to being ready.

Add more if you heard it.

Good info and perspective. Appreciate the post! Hopefully our saltiest of posters will read it. They’ll just call it coach speak though.

But man does this Nebraska win feel good. Seems like the team found an identity (Coffey) midway through the game (finally). His ability to score or get fouled in the lane last night should hopefully add another dimension to scout against. GK scoring drives should also help. Throw in that Pitino was also able to presumably send a big message to IW without sacrificing a game plan and there is a lot to be positive about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barreiro, gaard, sinykin would it Kill them to get them to get one afternoon host who likes Minnesota teams? Gaard is gopher fan til the checks stop.

Barreiro, gaard, sinykin would it Kill them to get them to get one afternoon host who likes Minnesota teams? Gaard is gopher fan til the checks stop.
+100

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom