Pitino says Curry could be back on Tuesday vs North Florida

Golden_Sloth

Reaction score
In an interview on KFAN. Said he looks good in practice, they're trying not to rush him back but feel he could be ready to play on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

YESSS!!! I'll keep my expectations tempered, but I am happy for Curry. He has been through a lot and I hope he stays healthy and helps this team make a run for the tourney!

I heard the interview with Pitino and Barreiro.
Pitino also addressed the body language of Washington.
He said that Isaiah has a natural body language that others may perceive as bad, but Pitino didn't think it was intentional. He did say that IW needed to project a more team first image so he was glad the TV announcers pointed it out. Said a fresh voice might help. Pitino said IW was great in the locker after the game and at today's practice. He said the coaches talk about how the kids need to sell themselves on camera when they have all these televised games. They need to project a team first attitude to any scouts who are watching. Pitino thinks IW will get it eventually.
Pitino said that Amir has the potential to be a role player in the NBA and that scouts look for the intangibles besides just scoring. Praised Amir for his defensive effort.
Pitino said that three rookies have played out of necessity. He's really looking forward to Eric Curry being back, but don't want to rush him. Said Murph, McBrayer and Coffey have been steady leaders. He was glad to see Coffey pick it up another level.
He also said that Curry had just dunked the ball while the interview was going on so he felt Curry was close to being ready.

Last edited:

No game for 10 days after that. Why not take the extra time? Still 2 tune-ups to get the rust off before Wisconsin.

No game for 10 days after that. Why not take the extra time? Still 2 tune-ups to get the rust off before Wisconsin.

Might be good to get 5-10 minutes, the next have 10 days off. I’m sure he has been practicing for a couple weeks.

Why not have him play some, which will give him 10 days to see how knee responds?

I heard the interview with Pitino and Barreiro.
Pitino also addressed the body language of Washington.
He said that Isaiah has a natural body language that others may perceive as bad, but Pitino didn't think it was intentional. He did say that IW needed to project a more team first image so he was glad the TV announcers pointed it out. Said a fresh voice might help. Pitino said IW was great in the locker after the game and at today's practice. He said the coaches talk about how the kids need to sell themselves on camera when they have all these televised games. They need to project a team first attitude to any scouts who are watching. Pitino thinks IW will get it eventually.
Pitino said that Amir has the potential to be a role player in the NBA and that scouts look for the intangibles besides just scoring. Praised Amir for his defensive effort.
Pitino said that three rookies have played out of necessity. He's really looking forward to Eric Curry being back, but don't want to rush him. Said Murph, McBrayer and Coffey have been steady leaders. He was glad to see Coffey pick it up another level.
He also said that Curry had just dunked the ball while the interview was going on so he felt Curry was close to being ready.

Thanks for the effort relaying the details!

Why not have him play some, which will give him 10 days to see how knee responds?

Maybe. The coaches/medical staff didn't exactly cover themselves with glory in how they handled Coffey and Mason last year, or even Curry earlier this year. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Maybe. The coaches/medical staff didn't exactly cover themselves with glory in how they handled Coffey and Mason last year, or even Curry earlier this year. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Will be good to get him some game action against lesser opponents to knock off some of the rust before Big Ten play starts. He is a key piece of the puzzle for Big Ten games so need to get him as ready as possible before they start up again.

Top Bottom