Why is the NCAA tweeting out Duke HS recruiting commitment news?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Why is Duke endlessly plastered on the front page of ESPN? Why is ESPN so obsessed over how many dunks Zion Williamson misses (or makes). Totally disgusting. Duke=The most hated program ever.

They are their highest rated games. More viewers, more money. We can argue that the exposure is a unfair recruiting advantage. The answer is to win more, become a powerhouse.

Why is Duke endlessly plastered on the front page of ESPN? Why is ESPN so obsessed over how many dunks Zion Williamson misses (or makes). Totally disgusting. Duke=The most hated program ever.

I liked Duke up until they decided to grab one and dones.

A bunch of non athletic white kids that shot lots of threes was very relatable for me ;)

Coach K was anti-one and dones until he realized he could win. Dude is a snake. No respect for him. At least Calipari is open and honest about himself and his program.

They are their highest rated games. More viewers, more money. We can argue that the exposure is a unfair recruiting advantage. The answer is to win more, become a powerhouse.

Cheat more. Be accurate.

The point of the OP - and what everybody is asking - is that it's against NCAA rules for coaches or programs to discuss recruits...but it's OK for the NCAA to do the same on Coach K's behalf? And give him and his program that advantage while simultaneously silencing everyone else. In other words, a seemingly intentional, institutional advantage for one program over others.

The point of the OP - and what everybody is asking - is that it's against NCAA rules for coaches or programs to discuss recruits...but it's OK for the NCAA to do the same on Coach K's behalf? And give him and his program that advantage while simultaneously silencing everyone else. In other words, a seemingly intentional, institutional advantage for one program over others.

Nope. Just ask ask badgerbuilt.

This. The NCAA promoting Duke's recruiting is some shameful horse manure.

Coach K was anti-one and dones until he realized he could win. Dude is a snake. No respect for him. At least Calipari is open and honest about himself and his program.
He's a snake because he realized his old approach to recruiting wasn't working so he decided to adapt? And now you're angry because it's working and he's winning? Let's all remain mediocre in our own our professions, so we won't be labeled "snakes"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He's a snake because he realized his old approach to recruiting wasn't working so he decided to adapt? And now you're angry because it's working and he's winning? Let's all remain mediocre in our own our professions, so we won't be labeled "snakes"

He's a snake because the image that he projects (and is projected for him by ingratiated media patsies) is inconsistent with who he really is, at least as a coach. Krzyzewski is win at any costs, nothing more nothing less.

He's a snake because the image that he projects (and is projected for him by ingratiated media patsies) is inconsistent with who he really is, at least as a coach. Krzyzewski is win at any costs, nothing more nothing less.

Tell me more of your Coach K stories.

Sounds like you must know him well. Personal friend? Former player?

Based on what factual information that you have?

Just another example of the NCAA showing its true stripes - its about the money. If its North Carolina, Duke and few others there is a another set of rules.

As bothersome as it is, ESPN can do anything it wants to do. They can feign objectivity and we know from where they really come.

The NCAA is SUPPOSED to be objective, and blaring out tweets about their darling's recruit is blatantly violating their responsibility. This is a pile of crap.

Just another example of the NCAA showing its true stripes - its about the money. If its North Carolina, Duke and few others there is a another set of rules.

And yet some folks cling to the belief the playing field is level and fair..........utter nonsense.

NCAA is breaking their own rules by promoting a HS kid that hasn't even signed yet.

Based on what factual information that you have?

None, but like most, I despise him. You should move to Durham...they hate him there too!

And yet some folks cling to the belief the playing field is level and fair..........utter nonsense.

Now that this is the ncaa poster child that is pictured committed to Duke, how can the kid dissapoint the ncaa and go elsewhere? He hasn't signed yet, but now the kid probably feels obligated after this picture. It's like the ncaa is trying to help duke in their recruiting. Not that they need it. Too bad the ncaa didn't put up a picture of tray jackson commiting to us! He might have felt pressured to stay and not de-commit lol

Figures that this kind of stuff would happen. They already let them get away with everything else. I would bet the amount of money their players make is fairly substantial.

Top Bottom