Jordan Murphy closing in on all-time B1G Ten rebounding record

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, the all-time leader in career rebounds in the Big Ten is Draymond Green with 1096. Murphy currently has 1017.

Happ is at 972. The two most prolific rebounders in conference history will be playing against each other. Kind of interesting.

Finally, all-time NCAA D1 leader is Kenneth Faried with 1673, 103 more than #2 Tim Duncan.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/conferences/big-ten/leaders/trb-player-career.html

Note: This is from the 1985-1986 season through games played on 12/5/2018

If he stays healthy he is a lock to pass Green for the top spot on that list. Seems like there would be someone pre 1985 that might be way up there as well but tough to say unless someone else can track down that info (and I bet someone can).

Unless I'm missing something, the all-time leader in career rebounds in the Big Ten is Draymond Green with 1096. Murphy currently has 1017.

Happ is at 972. The two most prolific rebounders in conference history will be playing against each other. Kind of interesting.

Finally, all-time NCAA D1 leader is Kenneth Faried with 1673, 103 more than #2 Tim Duncan.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/conferences/big-ten/leaders/trb-player-career.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_men's_basketball_career_rebounding_leaders

The all-time leader is Tom Gola (La Salle) with 2,201 rebounds.

The list you posted is post-1973, which the NCAA uses because of the split into 3 divisions and the institution of freshman eligibility.

I wrote when my list came from. This is what is recognized by the NCAA.

I know what you wrote, but it isn't what the NCAA recognizes. The NCAA records list is post-1973, not post-1985 - which is what the sports-reference.com list is. For example, Pete Padgett and Ralph Sampson are in the NCAA book, but aren't on the sports-reference.com list, because they were post-1973 but pre-1985. In fact, the NCAA uses (or at least did) both pre-1973 and post-1973 as qualifiers in their book.

I know what you wrote, but it isn't what the NCAA recognizes. The NCAA records list is post-1973, not post-1985 - which is what the sports-reference.com list is. For example, Pete Padgett and Ralph Sampson are in the NCAA book, but aren't on the sports-reference.com list, because they were post-1973 but pre-1985. In fact, the NCAA uses (or at least did) both pre-1973 and post-1973 as qualifiers in their book.

Interesting. I wonder if its because those stats are generally regarded as inaccurate or what the reason in. Any of the reference sites are usually as statistically accurate as any site out there.

There are some odd (to me) names on that list. I don't know if I would have ever described Greene, Henderson, or Augustine as elite rebounders.

So they don't recognize Maravich as the points leader anymore? That seems ridiculous to say that because he was only allowed to play 3 seasons instead of 4 that his record is stripped.

Top Bottom