What was the technical called on Nebraska for?

gopher1more

Reaction score
Did not see this in the game thread. Was at the game last night and after a time out there was a technical called on Nebraska and I did not hear what it was for. Also the crowd was yelling and confused when we shot the free throws but did not get the ball after. Anybody have answers?

Did not see this in the game thread. Was at the game last night and after a time out there was a technical called on Nebraska and I did not hear what it was for. Also the crowd was yelling and confused when we shot the free throws but did not get the ball after. Anybody have answers?

The Nebraska guy threw the ball at McBreyer after a foul call and hit him. I don't think he did it on purpose, he was just tossing the ball way in frustration, but they kind of had to call it.

Roby tossed the ball at Gabe after a whistle. Wasn't malicious. I am surprised it was called but I suppose by the letter of the law, its a T.

It was strange that it was announced we would have the ball, and then that didnt happen.

Roby tossed the ball at Gabe after a whistle. Wasn't malicious. I am surprised it was called but I suppose by the letter of the law, its a T.

It was on Copeland. I agree, certainly not malicious. But it did look like he did it on purpose, IMO.

Thanks. Did not see the throw. Also confused as they announced we would get the ball but gave it to Nebraska.

It was on Copeland. I agree, certainly not malicious. But it did look like he did it on purpose, IMO.

Oh, yeah, Copeland. he did it on purpose but he didn't throw it hard or anything. No harder then if you were checking a ball in a pickup game. Just a bone headed play by him.

Copeland threw the ball at Kalscheur and got the T.

EDIT: Sorry, already posted while I was typing my response.

These days I think it has to be a "flagrant technical foul" for the offended team to automatically get possession after the shots.

These days I think it has to be a "flagrant technical foul" for the offended team to automatically get possession after the shots.

Actually? I was curious about that as well. But I don't really remember the situation. What was the reason for the dead ball prior to the ball being tossed and the technical being issued?

Actually? I was curious about that as well. But I don't really remember the situation. What was the reason for the dead ball prior to the ball being tossed and the technical being issued?

Travel on Gabe

yup Copeland..... Miles had him sit for a while!!

Roby should have gotten T'd up later in the game though. I believe it was after a timeout and Carr and Curry were on the court for the timeout. Roby tried to walk right through Curry(or Carr) and shoved them a little bit on his way back to the Nebraska huddle.

Thanks. Did not see the throw. Also confused as they announced we would get the ball but gave it to Nebraska.

It was a deadball foul when Neb had possession. Much more often T’s occur when the penalized team is on defense (either arguing a foul just called, or arguing a no call just after losing the posession) and therefore the offended team gets the shots and keeps the ball.

Top Bottom