Next 4 Games then @Becky

Bayfield Gopher

Reaction score
The schedule allows the Gophers a break from their tough games to date and much needed.

This should give Oturu a chance to gain some confidence and provide valuable minutes for Omersa, Stockman, Stull and also Curry, if he is ready. This is also a key time for Dupree as the holidays are just about here.

Said that, I wonder if the team will be able to be with Dupree for his Mom's funeral. Maybe a donor will step up to pay for trip.

It will be interesting to see how IW plays and if he shows that he really wants to be a team player. My guess is that RP will have a short rope ready for him. I hope the second unit and FR will play well enough so that Jordan and Amir don't have to log 30+ minutes and be fresh for Becky and the BIG run.

Looking a little ways ahead- starting with the Badgers we will have a 5 game stretch that could really define our direction:

@Wisc.
Home - Maryland
Home - Rutgers
@ Ill
Home PSU

Find a way to go 4-1 for that stretch, or even pull an upset of Wisky and sweep and we are off and rolling. Maryland is ranked but we should be favored or even odds in all but the Wisconsin road game.

Later on (February) we get this run of games: (wow)
@ Purdue
Home- Wisc.
@MSU
@ Nebraska
Home- Indiana
@ Michigan

Last edited:

Said that, I wonder if the team will be able to be with Dupree for his Mom's funeral. Maybe a donor will step up to pay for trip.

I really really doubt that its allowed for a donor to pay for the flights of players, even in these circumstances. I'm 100% sure I can't just pay for a plane ticket for a kid to go home (or anywhere) and even though this is for a funeral, I'd guess players pay their own way if they go. Maybe some time of bereavement fund at the U for Dupree but even that seems like it would cross a lot of weird lines.

Looking a little ways ahead- starting with the Badgers we will have a 5 game stretch that could really define our direction:

@Wisc.
Home - Maryland
Home - Rutgers
@ Ill
Home PSU

Find a way to go 4-1 for that stretch, or even pull an upset of Wisky and sweep and we are off and rolling. Maryland is ranked but we should be favored or even odds in all but the Wisconsin road game.

Later on (February) we get this run of games: (wow)
@ Purdue
Home- Wisc.
@MSU
@ Nebraska
Home- Indiana
@ Michigan

I've had my eye on that second set of games.

I really really doubt that its allowed for a donor to pay for the flights of players, even in these circumstances. I'm 100% sure I can't just pay for a plane ticket for a kid to go home (or anywhere) and even though this is for a funeral, I'd guess players pay their own way if they go. Maybe some time of bereavement fund at the U for Dupree but even that seems like it would cross a lot of weird lines.

I was gonna say, I’m pretty sure there have been instances of a coach getting in trouble for paying for a player to attend a relative’s funeral. I figure a booster paying for it isn’t much different.

Michigan,Wisconsin,Michigan st look tough also at purdue tough and don't sleep on indiana

I was gonna say, I’m pretty sure there have been instances of a coach getting in trouble for paying for a player to attend a relative’s funeral. I figure a booster paying for it isn’t much different.

This is what happened when Gary Tinsley passed:

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Gopher Athletics has set up a fund for Gary Tinsley, the linebacker who died in his dorm room late last week.

The department says the fund will help teammates attend the funeral, which is set to take place in Florida, Tinsley’s home. Money will also be given to off-set the late Gopher’s funeral expenses.

If you would like to give to the Gary Tinsley Memorial Fund, go to the Golden Gopher Fund website.

The Gophers say Tinsley was just weeks away from earning his bachelor’s degree in business and marketing. Tinsley was a star player who played 44 games for the Gophers and held the team’s “No. 2” title for tackles.

Top Bottom