Tim Miles

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Miles is a really good dude. His team wore shirts honoring Dupree’s mom. Talked to him in the handshake line. If you’ve lost a parent, you understand, if you haven’t, call them and say hey.

Last edited:

Really impressed with his class tonight. Pre-game t-shirts and taking time to console Dupree. His kindness should be acknowledged.

I think he is a pretty good coach too. Nebraska is a terrible basketball school. Will be hard to be good every year there but I think he has recovered from his hot seat a couple years back

The whole Nebraska team was very classy and went out of their way to give McBrayer a hug. Pretty touching moments at the end of the game.

Miles is a class act. I have always thought so. Tonight he just proved it and made me respect him even more.

Miles - pure class. Team is great, image is top-notch, tournament is in store for them. What Miles is doing it sustainable and will be successful year after year and will earn respect every year. B1G needs coaches like him everywhere.

And in case it wasn't clear... thank you: pure class.

The shirts were definitely a classy gesture, and had to have been a pretty last minute thing to put together too. Pitino himself was a little choked up after the game, the bit that hit me was when he said "to lose a parent at that age." I'm older than Dupree and don't expect to be losing a parent any time soon. I saw an instagram post he had where mentioned wishing that she could have been there for his senior night and to see him graduate and I felt terrible for him.

Have always liked him. He has been torched on this board before.

Pure class by Miles and his team.

To be honest, Dupree’s situation hits too close to home for me. I lost my Mom while in college. It is awful. Cancer sucks.

Seeing the support from Miles, Nebraska, his teammates, the fans. gopherhole, Twitter, Instagram, etc is amazing. It all helps. Even if he never reads these messages, the good vibes will get to him.

That's what sports/sportsmanship is supposed to be like. Kudos to Tim and that program, doing things the right way.

I love Coach Miles. awesome gesture and show of support by him and his team last night

Of course he's a good and classy dude - he's from South Dakota.

Nebraska athletics in general, football, basketball, down to the fans have my admiration - great people. Miles is carrying on the tradition. Hope he has a long career there.

If anyone is up for it think about making a donation to Nebraska's Team Jack Foundation on behalf of Dupree's mother and Nebraska's sportsmanship. Tim Miles is a class act.

https://www.teamjackfoundation.org/

Lets build on the good vibes and make the most out of a horrible situation for Dupree and his family.

Dupree chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Was at the Wolves game but was able to catch the last ten minutes after. Didn't know about the pregame shirts. Very cool to read about. Saw the handshakes, etc.. Great move by Miles and team.

Miles has done a great job.Nebraska is not a basketball school like mich st wisconsin indiana michigan purdue or maryland. Nebraska is the only team in division 1 to not have won an ncaa tournament game 0-7.Nebraska also shares a state with Creighton who has been way more successful than Nebraska in basketball.

I believe Miles is from South Dakota and his Dad and he would drive to Williams Arena when he was a kid to watch Gopher games. I was there last night and Mile was a total class act throughout the game.

Nebraska is the only team in division 1 to not have won an ncaa tournament game 0-7.

There are many, many Division I schools who haven't even appeared in the NCAA Tournament, let alone won a game. I don't know what the exact updated count is, but somewhere around 40 or 50.

I believe Miles is from South Dakota and his Dad and he would drive to Williams Arena when he was a kid to watch Gopher games. I was there last night and Mile was a total class act throughout the game.

MN had always been Miles dream job. If he hadn't just taken the Nebraska job, he'd been here instead of Pitino.

There are many, many Division I schools who haven't even appeared in the NCAA Tournament, let alone won a game. I don't know what the exact updated count is, but somewhere around 40 or 50.

This is true. i think bigten45 might have meant the only Big Ten team, or possibly power 5 team.

We left Williams Arena late and the some of the Nebraska staff were boarding their bus. We thanked them for their kind gesture in wearing the "RIP Tayra" t-shirts, and the person we talked to replied, "You would have done the same thing."

Pitino chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

He's just planting the seeds for his next job in Mpls!

Classy move, no doubt. Miles is a classy dude.

At the same time, I have no idea why everyone is all over him as a coach. This is year 7 and he's made one NCAA Tournament Appearance. We have a coach in Year 6 and has made one NCAA Tournament Appearance and there's a not so small group that wants him fired. I've watched Nebraska over the years and seems to have the same issues: usually lacks depth, team shoots itself in the foot a lot, he's a good personality who people want to succeed, etc.

Classy move, no doubt. Miles is a classy dude.

At the same time, I have no idea why everyone is all over him as a coach. This is year 7 and he's made one NCAA Tournament Appearance. We have a coach in Year 6 and has made one NCAA Tournament Appearance and there's a not so small group that wants him fired. I've watched Nebraska over the years and seems to have the same issues: usually lacks depth, team shoots itself in the foot a lot, he's a good personality who people want to succeed, etc.

While their current resumes are similar there are two differences IMO: Nebraska is a much harder job. They have virtually no in-state talent at all. IIRC, they said one of the current freshman is from Nebraska, but he's the first in-state player in more than 10 years. Meanwhile we have 3 very good players just in this class. Second, Miles resume prior to his current job is much more impressive.

While their current resumes are similar there are two differences IMO: Nebraska is a much harder job. They have virtually no in-state talent at all. IIRC, they said one of the current freshman is from Nebraska, but he's the first in-state player in more than 10 years. Meanwhile we have 3 very good players just in this class. Second, Miles resume prior to his current job is much more impressive.

All fair points (though I'd say his resume at past stops shouldn't matter in evaluating him at this level. He's not being judged on what he did at NDSU 10-15 years ago).

I don't think Miles is a bad coach and there was absolutely a time where I was intrigued by him ending up here. That being said, I see nothing from him at Nebraska so far to be overly impressed with. Sure, are there obstacles to success there? Absolutely. Nebraska isn't a destination job in the CBB world. We absolutely have more in-state talent, I'll grant that, no disagreement there.

It's not just us, there are fans from other schools too all in on the "Miles is one of the best coaches in the conference" narrative. Let's see the results. He's barely over .500 in his 7th season there. Eventually it's he just isn't cut out for that level and in fact isn't one of the best coaches in the conference.

All fair points (though I'd say his resume at past stops shouldn't matter in evaluating him at this level. He's not being judged on what he did at NDSU 10-15 years ago).

I don't think Miles is a bad coach and there was absolutely a time where I was intrigued by him ending up here. That being said, I see nothing from him at Nebraska so far to be overly impressed with. Sure, are there obstacles to success there? Absolutely. Nebraska isn't a destination job in the CBB world. We absolutely have more in-state talent, I'll grant that, no disagreement there.

It's not just us, there are fans from other schools too all in on the "Miles is one of the best coaches in the conference" narrative. Let's see the results. He's barely over .500 in his 7th season there. Eventually it's he just isn't cut out for that level and in fact isn't one of the best coaches in the conference.

He is a decent coach, not even close to the top in the conference, maybe 9th.

Top Bottom