Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tim Miles

If anyone is up for it think about making a donation to Nebraska's Team Jack Foundation on behalf of Dupree's mother and Nebraska's sportsmanship. Tim Miles is a class act.

https://www.teamjackfoundation.org/

Lets build on the good vibes and make the most out of a horrible situation for Dupree and his family.
    "You Gotta Want It"

Dupree chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Was at the Wolves game but was able to catch the last ten minutes after. Didn't know about the pregame shirts. Very cool to read about. Saw the handshakes, etc.. Great move by Miles and team.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Miles has done a great job.Nebraska is not a basketball school like mich st wisconsin indiana michigan purdue or maryland. Nebraska is the only team in division 1 to not have won an ncaa tournament game 0-7.Nebraska also shares a state with Creighton who has been way more successful than Nebraska in basketball.

I believe Miles is from South Dakota and his Dad and he would drive to Williams Arena when he was a kid to watch Gopher games. I was there last night and Mile was a total class act throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bigten45 View Post
    Nebraska is the only team in division 1 to not have won an ncaa tournament game 0-7.
    There are many, many Division I schools who haven't even appeared in the NCAA Tournament, let alone won a game. I don't know what the exact updated count is, but somewhere around 40 or 50.

Quote Originally Posted by makemyday View Post
    I believe Miles is from South Dakota and his Dad and he would drive to Williams Arena when he was a kid to watch Gopher games. I was there last night and Mile was a total class act throughout the game.
    MN had always been Miles dream job. If he hadn't just taken the Nebraska job, he'd been here instead of Pitino.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    There are many, many Division I schools who haven't even appeared in the NCAA Tournament, let alone won a game. I don't know what the exact updated count is, but somewhere around 40 or 50.
    This is true. i think bigten45 might have meant the only Big Ten team, or possibly power 5 team.

9. Default

We left Williams Arena late and the some of the Nebraska staff were boarding their bus. We thanked them for their kind gesture in wearing the "RIP Tayra" t-shirts, and the person we talked to replied, "You would have done the same thing."

Pitino chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by makemyday View Post
    He's just planting the seeds for his next job in Mpls!

Classy move, no doubt. Miles is a classy dude.

At the same time, I have no idea why everyone is all over him as a coach. This is year 7 and he's made one NCAA Tournament Appearance. We have a coach in Year 6 and has made one NCAA Tournament Appearance and there's a not so small group that wants him fired. I've watched Nebraska over the years and seems to have the same issues: usually lacks depth, team shoots itself in the foot a lot, he's a good personality who people want to succeed, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeGolfing View Post
    Classy move, no doubt. Miles is a classy dude.

At the same time, I have no idea why everyone is all over him as a coach. This is year 7 and he's made one NCAA Tournament Appearance. We have a coach in Year 6 and has made one NCAA Tournament Appearance and there's a not so small group that wants him fired. I've watched Nebraska over the years and seems to have the same issues: usually lacks depth, team shoots itself in the foot a lot, he's a good personality who people want to succeed, etc.
    While their current resumes are similar there are two differences IMO: Nebraska is a much harder job. They have virtually no in-state talent at all. IIRC, they said one of the current freshman is from Nebraska, but he's the first in-state player in more than 10 years. Meanwhile we have 3 very good players just in this class. Second, Miles resume prior to his current job is much more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    While their current resumes are similar there are two differences IMO: Nebraska is a much harder job. They have virtually no in-state talent at all. IIRC, they said one of the current freshman is from Nebraska, but he's the first in-state player in more than 10 years. Meanwhile we have 3 very good players just in this class. Second, Miles resume prior to his current job is much more impressive.
    All fair points (though I'd say his resume at past stops shouldn't matter in evaluating him at this level. He's not being judged on what he did at NDSU 10-15 years ago).

I don't think Miles is a bad coach and there was absolutely a time where I was intrigued by him ending up here. That being said, I see nothing from him at Nebraska so far to be overly impressed with. Sure, are there obstacles to success there? Absolutely. Nebraska isn't a destination job in the CBB world. We absolutely have more in-state talent, I'll grant that, no disagreement there.

It's not just us, there are fans from other schools too all in on the "Miles is one of the best coaches in the conference" narrative. Let's see the results. He's barely over .500 in his 7th season there. Eventually it's he just isn't cut out for that level and in fact isn't one of the best coaches in the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeGolfing View Post
    All fair points (though I'd say his resume at past stops shouldn't matter in evaluating him at this level. He's not being judged on what he did at NDSU 10-15 years ago).

I don't think Miles is a bad coach and there was absolutely a time where I was intrigued by him ending up here. That being said, I see nothing from him at Nebraska so far to be overly impressed with. Sure, are there obstacles to success there? Absolutely. Nebraska isn't a destination job in the CBB world. We absolutely have more in-state talent, I'll grant that, no disagreement there.

It's not just us, there are fans from other schools too all in on the "Miles is one of the best coaches in the conference" narrative. Let's see the results. He's barely over .500 in his 7th season there. Eventually it's he just isn't cut out for that level and in fact isn't one of the best coaches in the conference.
    He is a decent coach, not even close to the top in the conference, maybe 9th.