Lone Finalist To Lead the U of M as President Would Be The First Woman To Do So

Um, white is not a color.

For pigment, white is the absence of color while black is all of the colors combine but for light, white makes up all of the colors combined while black is the absence of color.

If we are talking about race though, a white person is not "a person of color."

Being near the top of leadership of a flagship public research university with a multi-billion dollar budget most likely means your job has very little to do with the school's athletics dept. Unless it's important or meaningful for you to make appearances at athletic events, you probably can't afford to spend your time doing that. I would say it is meaningful when the President appears, but for the next level down, no one gives a crap.

Frankly, and this may not go over well on here, but her #1, #2, and #3 job at the U is going to be concerning research. Maintaining and raising our research profile and rankings, especially in medical research, is frankly what 99% of her energy needs to be spent on.

I would say as long as she simply has the attitude of "Whatever you need Mark" (ie, Coyle), and then stay out of the way, that should be plenty good enough.

Being near the top of leadership of a flagship public research university with a multi-billion dollar budget most likely means your job has very little to do with the school's athletics dept. Unless it's important or meaningful for you to make appearances at athletic events, you probably can't afford to spend your time doing that. I would say it is meaningful when the President appears, but for the next level down, no one gives a crap.

Frankly, and this may not go over well on here, but her #1, #2, and #3 job at the U is going to be concerning research. Maintaining and raising our research profile and rankings, especially in medical research, is frankly what 99% of her energy needs to be spent on.

I would say as long as she simply has the attitude of "Whatever you need Mark" (ie, Coyle), and then stay out of the way, that should be plenty good enough.
Agree.

For pigment, white is the absence of color while black is all of the colors combine but for light, white makes up all of the colors combined while black is the absence of color.

If we are talking about race though, a white person is not "a person of color."

Wrong. If an individual can be born one gender, but identify as the other gender then I’d have to believe that someone could be born white, but identify as a person of color.

Wrong. If an individual can be born one gender, but identify as the other gender then I’d have to believe that someone could be born white, but identify as a person of color.

It pisses you off that much, that there are people in this world who feel trapped in the wrong body?

Kind pathetic, but you do you. Humans are hateful.

It pisses you off that much, that there are people in this world who feel trapped in the wrong body?

Kind pathetic, but you do you. Humans are hateful.

It does not upset me at all (please watch your language going forward - kids read this board). You have no right to lash out at me without understanding who I am. First, both my parents are transgender. It was difficult being made fun of for this growing up. I was destroyed as a child when my parents got divorced and both went through gender reassignment surgeries. Kids can be cruel (although I’m sure that you would not have been..��). Post surgeries they remarried each other and it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve inver witnessed. Not many people have had the joy of a Mom/Dad and Dad/Mom.

That aside, I know many people who identify as being another race.

I don't love that they only have one finalist. Is it standard procedure at most public universities to ask/require candidates to meet publicly during the process? From reading the article it seems like the two other potential finalists essentially eliminated themselves by being unwilling to go through with this step.

They are required by law to publicly identify their finalist(s) for a high profile job. As most candidates wouldn't want their name publicly shown as "looking for a job", they basically pick the person they want, then name them the only finalist.

In other words, they had other finalists, but made a decision privately to select her. I believe they've been sued by the Pioneer Press over that practice, but the courts found that it wasn't unreasonable to have only one finalist.

It does not upset me at all (please watch your language going forward - kids read this board). You have no right to lash out at me without understanding who I am. First, both my parents are transgender. It was difficult being made fun of for this growing up. I was destroyed as a child when my parents got divorced and both went through gender reassignment surgeries. Kids can be cruel (although I’m sure that you would not have been..��). Post surgeries they remarried each other and it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve inver witnessed. Not many people have had the joy of a Mom/Dad and Dad/Mom.

That aside, I know many people who identify as being another race.

God, you had parents?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

She is buzzword central. Conversation, robust, excellence, but overall seems likable and well spoken and confident.

Top Bottom