Blake Cashman, 2nd Team A-A per this source

Damn. Very nice.

Link needs to be fixed.

Blake Cashman is one of my favorite Gophers in recent years. I probably have to go back to some of the Kill era defensive backs (Thompson, Boddy-Calhoun,, Johnson, Travis) to find anyone that made plays like he does.

I think we can assume his 2017 would have been better if Robb Smith had not been around, but finally must have watched some 2016 tape and figured out what Blake Cashman could do.

The PFF all-americans are selected with a lot more statistical and professional rigor than typical media versions. Major recognition for Blake!

Somehow Wisconsin had the first team RB (Taylor), 2 first team OL, 1 second team OL, and only managed 9 more points all season than a Gopher offense starting 7+ freshmen at times.

Somehow Wisconsin had the first team RB (Taylor), 2 first team OL, 1 second team OL, and only managed 9 more points all season than a Gopher offense starting 7+ freshmen at times.

These are the magic words. I would imagine in 2-3 years, you may see some familiar names on this list.

Amani Hooker was a playmaker this year. Too bad we let him get away.

The PFF all-americans are selected with a lot more statistical and professional rigor than typical media versions. Major recognition for Blake!

True. However, they are basing it on grades.
They grade every play.

When you grade football plays and you don’t know what the guys assignment was, you can get a good grade on a play where you do the wrong thing and vice versa.

I don’t think that this is innately better or worse for picking the best players. I will say it does allow for guys with less team success and less hype get recognizedx

Wow. Sincere congrats to Blake. It's very gratifying to see all his hard work and dedication be rewarded by receiving recognition such as this. I very much look forward to seeing him play in our bowl game, and then watching him on Sundays. Gonna miss you, Mr. Cashman.

Great honor for Blake. Also, Wisconsin had THREE All-Americans on offense? And the Gophers had them down 37-7 at one point. That win looks better and better.

Top Bottom