Bowl Game Uniforms

I thought that Goofer decal helmet was atrocious. They can bury that one as far as I'm concerned. In contrast, I love the gold-chrome helmets. Different strokes for different folks. I guess that's why they alternate uniforms!
Goofer? And you're a gopher fan?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Most men will agree...we need more Beaver tail!!! [emoji41]

PJ’s explanation for not having the player’s name on the back. “The player needs to realize that the University is far more important than any one player”. Thus Minnesota and not Smith.

completely agree. then again, he's the one with his personal brand on the uniforms......so what does that say about the importance of the University?

Last edited:

The uniforms worn in Madison seem to be universally liked in this thread. Is that due to the actual combination or to the memories they elicit?

The uniforms worn in Madison seem to be universally liked in this thread. Is that due to the actual combination or to the memories they elicit?

Just design for me. I was saying this was the best helmet/top/pants color combo since they came out. They balance colors very nicely without any sort of vibration and avoid the terrible chrome gold / yellow gold clash by sticking to maroon pants and using gold mostly in the helmet. Needs some flashy shiny gold shoes that match the helmet to finish the look.

I was thinking this as well. What a dork.
Yeah....I have only seen that word used by NDSU, Becky, or UND fans.

PJ’s explanation for not having the player’s name on the back. “The player needs to realize that the University is far more important than any one player”. Thus Minnesota and not Smith.

I think we all understand this sentiment, which is one a bunch of teams use in one form or another. I don't think anyone disagrees with it on its face.

I think that we're talking about amateur athletes who aren't being compensated beyond a free education at a public university. They are putting their time and bodies on the line for less compensation than they deserve, but we're offering them the opportunity to make a name for themselves -- whether with NFL scouts, coaches, or the public which may provide opportunity to them after their playing days. This is offered both symbolically and tangibly when their name is on their jersey. Often, their families sacrificed to help them get to where they are, and they like to see the family name on their son's jersey too.

I don't hate no names, or MINNESOTA. But I think player names should be back there.

Those are either the best or worst helmets ever. I still can’t decide
I love the gold color used in that helmet. And who doesn't love Gold? Also love the gopher hockey gold helmets and gold jerseys.

I love the gold color used in that helmet. And who doesn't love Gold? Also love the gopher hockey gold helmets and gold jerseys.

I'm still not sure what to think of that helmet. It has a bronze tint to it and the Block M looks black unless you see it up close.

The memories probably impact it a little for me, but mostly the combination. The night before the Gopher/Badger game, I was watching the Washington @ Washington State game and noticed how great the Huskies uniforms were...I think I made a comment to that effect in the "Other Games" thread. The next day the Gophers came out in the same style combo the Huskies wore, just swap purple with maroon. I hope they stick with it.

I truly hope these are not the uniforms for either team at the game. I'd like to see GT in GBB or GBG, and us in GWM or MWM.

Anything but all white which are always ugly. Unless the players love them and we win.

I'm not a fan of the jerseys with "MINNESOTA" or "GOLDEN GOPHERS" on the back. Just put the kids last name and leave it alone.

I agree with this, in part...that's 99%

As I hate the "MINNESOTA' on the back and prefer the player name, we are 2-0 with that going (i think)....so, superstition?

I agree with this, in part...that's 99%

As I hate the "MINNESOTA' on the back and prefer the player name, we are 2-0 with that going (i think)....so, superstition?

I looked at the classic Maroon and Gold Uniforms the BB team wore at BC last week and lamented how awful our home Football Uniform (Washington Redskin like) is now relative to that . The maroon and gold for football look so washed out with all that ugly white lettering.

Shockingly, I do like the new road look, exhibited in Madison recently. I do not hate the all white look on the road, but hope we stick with the Madison look for good on the road.,

As far as home uniforms, I'll go with the anthacite/ grey every time, with either gold, or Maroon hemets, as the "classic" MMG look has been so polluted.

If the 2012-2017 MMG Classic home colors ever become an option again, then I'd be open to that. Those Washington Redskin uniforms can go the garbage burner, ASAP.

Last edited:

Bring back the Goldy helmets!!!!!!!!!

The shiny gold helmets are cool. They go with anything and look great on TV and in person.
But I'm a fan of whatever this team chooses to wear.

The shiny gold helmets are cool. They go with anything and look great on TV and in person.
But I'm a fan of whatever this team chooses to wear.

I'm sure this question has been answered many times before, but who actually chooses the uniform combo for each game? (Fleck, the team, do they vote?, etc.)

In spite of what is on the mannequins I wouldn't necessarily assume things are set in stone uniform wise. They probably just asked GT to provide a home uniform and MN to provide a road uniform. Could certainly be different on game day. Would love to see us go with the same road uniform we wore against Wisconsin.

I think this makes the most sense. If we don’t break out something “special” for a bowl game I will be shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are literally required to wear white if we are the “road” team

I liked the white Goldy helmet that I have for my avatar.

We haven't seen it this year.

Looks like Tech has released an update for their bowl uniform. Here's the link:

https://ramblinwreck.com/adidas-football/

Thing to note is that it does not exactly match the presser-manikin uniform...solid blue jersey and pants.

Hopefully some maroon or gold can make it to our bowl uni...

Definitely think they should not wear the shiny gold helmets...need to go with a contrasting color to GT. I vote for the more traditional MWG away combo.

Top Bottom