***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Are you forgetting that he’s coaching.....Nebraska basketball? His performance is similar to Glen Mason in Gopher football. Not the god you want to bronze, but the best thing you’ve had in a long while.

Not forgetting at all. Coaches turn around programs like that in meaningful ways. I think he is ok but no better than at least 8 guys in the conference.

The testament to just how good Murphy is, is in the fact that a line of 18 points and 13 rebounds doesn't even stick out to us anymore as we have just come to expect that out of him. That is a great night for pretty much any player, for Murphy it is just another day at the office. Staying out of foul trouble was huge though for him because this team is really good when he is on the court.

Coffey was unreal tonight, that is the kind of player he can be, hopefully the light is finally going on and he will begin to take over games the way he did in this one.

The way this game started I thought we were in for a long night. Awesome to see the team battle back and get the W against a fringe top 25 team. Great bounce back after the game a couple nights ago in Columbus.
JM also went 4-4 from the line to seal the game

But they do need to understand that people pointing out their poor behavior are not being malicious and if they feel picked on, then it is only because they are slow to improve their behavior in ways people recognize.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just trying to point out that they've been known to be good friends. Basing rash assumptions off one interaction on camera and relating it to Dupree's mother passing is just plain wild.

We've had plenty of reasons to kick people off the team the last 5 years, and he's far from any of that.

Absolutely agree about Washington, of course; the guy who said that is an idiot. I've also thought that two players who were kicked off in the past (Morris and Lofton) could have been handled differently.

I'm very happy that we didn't settle for any three point shots (except the one at the end when it was a busted play). I think that the decrease in threes and increase in aggressive drives to the bucket played a huge part in this win.

I wish we would get this Amir every game. I don't expect him to go for 32 but he willed this team to win and at times we need him to take over.

What a gamer Murphy is. He looked like he would never walk again and didn't miss a second, battled all game long, and hit some clutch free throws down the stretch.

Hopefully this game gave Dupree a couple hours where he could forget about the pain because it is obvious how much emotional pain he is in right now.

Absolutely agree about Washington, of course; the guy who said that is an idiot. I've also thought that two players who were kicked off in the past (Morris and Lofton) could have been handled differently.

I'm with you on Lofton 100%, that conversation could kick off an entire new thread.

Do you remember 2010-2011? He is the only PG we have. We'd be a McBreyer or Coffey injury away from a complete disaster.

Yes. I'm agreeing with you of course.

You do know those two made life miserable for Pitino and the team right.

Just trying to point out that they've been known to be good friends. Basing rash assumptions off one interaction on camera and relating it to Dupree's mother passing is just plain wild.
Actually, tying his history of poor body language to his reaction to the passing of Dupree's mother is the wild stretch. The message his body language sends lends itself to being interpreted as self-centered, which is why he needs to work on it. Once he shows that change, then these wild stretches of behavior speculation on internet boards will stop being taken seriously.

Do you remember 2010-2011? He is the only PG we have. We'd be a McBreyer or Coffey injury away from a complete disaster.

That would be true for nearly every team. Really a good win. Who are the fans that were not there ! Will be going to Madison for that very important game. Leave that one tied or two behind them.

Hard-earned win and yes, the team got a bit lucky to pull it out. Nothing wrong with that!
I think Nebraska will finish top 5 in the league this year and will probably blow our doors off in Lincoln. They lost focus at the end but they meet the eye test. Maybe Miles best team in NE.

As for the Gophers...we held serve at home...whew!. Coffey finally lets everyone know it is HIS team and he is the Alpha. Thank God for AC tonight!
IW looked good when he was in but can't pout. Pitino played the guys he thought gave us the best chance to win.

Actually, tying his history of poor body language to his reaction to the passing of Dupree's mother is the wild stretch. The message his body language sends lends itself to being interpreted as self-centered, which is why he needs to work on it. Once he shows that change, then these wild stretches of behavior speculation on internet boards will stop being taken seriously.

This is the point i'm trying to make, completely agree with you.

What is wrong with you people?
We just had a great come-from-behind win, and you're all gossiping???!!
Glad I never check in here during the games...

I did not think we had a chance to win that game, and this may prove to be a key point in the maturation of this team.

Hard-earned win and yes, the team got a bit lucky to pull it out. Nothing wrong with that!
I think Nebraska will finish top 5 in the league this year and will probably blow our doors off in Lincoln. They lost focus at the end but they meet the eye test. Maybe Miles best team in NE.

As for the Gophers...we held serve at home...whew!. Coffey finally lets everyone know it is HIS team and he is the Alpha. Thank God for AC tonight!
IW looked good when he was in but can't pout. Pitino played the guys he thought gave us the best chance to win.

In a game like that IW is such a defensive liability you can't afford to give him extended minutes, sit him down and have him watch Coffey play defense, get half of that and he plays.

If Nebraska is top 5 in the conference I’ll send you $10

Tony Bennett would have Nebraska winning the B1G by now. (And losing in the first round of the NCAA's).:cool:

Tony Bennett’s team had two turnovers - TWO - the entire game at top 25 Maryland last week. That is freakin amazing. They also had like 7 or 8 team fouls total, the entire game.

I don’t know what he’s doing in practice to teach those guys discipline, but it works.

I just can't believe this is the response to a must win game. They didn't punch first in the first half and they didn't punch first in the second half. A poorly coached soft team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Bennett’s team had two turnovers - TWO - the entire game at top 25 Maryland last week. That is freakin amazing. They also had like 7 or 8 team fouls total, the entire game.

I don’t know what he’s doing in practice to teach those guys discipline, but it works.

I was mostly giving our resident Tony Bennett lover crap. He is a good coach. Like a talented version of Bo Ryan's teams. But usually similar results in March.

Big win, maybe one we didn't deserve. But a HUGE game by Coffey. We need him to play with that intensity every night.

How do you figure? Don’t deserve? Wow

Last edited:

In a game like that IW is such a defensive liability you can't afford to give him extended minutes, sit him down and have him watch Coffey play defense, get half of that and he plays.

Exactly right. He is learning on the offensive end though. I saw him do a number of things that showed he is learning to value the ball and not just go in and get stuffed. Now he has to pick up the defensive thing and stop with pouting. I'm guessing he is a good kid- he just needs to learn to direct his emotions towards effort instead of feeling sorry for himself. We NEED him to get this- he has the talent.

The testament to just how good Murphy is, is in the fact that a line of 18 points and 13 rebounds doesn't even stick out to us anymore as we have just come to expect that out of him. That is a great night for pretty much any player, for Murphy it is just another day at the office. Staying out of foul trouble was huge though for him because this team is really good when he is on the court.

Coffey was unreal tonight, that is the kind of player he can be, hopefully the light is finally going on and he will begin to take over games the way he did in this one.

The way this game started I thought we were in for a long night. Awesome to see the team battle back and get the W against a fringe top 25 team. Great bounce back after the game a couple nights ago in Columbus.

This

Well my voice is completely gone after tonight's game. The crowd sure was rockin' when the Gophers finally made their run later in the 2nd half. Love it when players from the opposite team look around dazed and blown away during timeouts when the rouser is damm near shaking the floor... :)

And both were illegal screens, no ball turnovers ! People can point to March failure all they want but he has a elite eight, multiple sweet 16's, 3 ACC titles and 2 ACC tourney titles. Those are much harder than winning the big 10. Calling him a good coach is laughable because on this board people call Miles a really good coach. When those you love as coaches win even one conference title or even one national coach of the year award let me know, I will be cheering for it. In the meantime you love a coach who has won about 30 of 90 conference games.

Well my voice is completely gone after tonight's game. The crowd sure was rockin' when the Gophers finally made their run later in the 2nd half. Love it when players from the opposite team look around dazed and blown away during timeouts when the rouser is damm near shaking the floor... :)

In moments like this I tell my wife “The Barn woke up” because it’s as if everyone was sleeping prior to the eruption.

But I like what Lindsay Whalen said best when asked why it will be loud while the Lynx were playing at Williams Arena “Because its The Barn”

That's what gives the Barn such a great atmosphere! Nothing like feeling the cheers deep down in your body, would have loved to be there tonight.

You guys sounded fantastic on BTN tonight. I was impressed that the crowd got in to it even in the first half when the Gophers had just cut the lead to 8 or whatever. That was a very difficult game to get in to with what we were seeing from the Gophers for much of that game, but it seemed like whenever there was even a glimmer of hope, the fans got in to it. I also loved that people were actually loud when Nebraska went to the line late. It's been a pet peeve of mine for a number of years in how easy it is for the opposition to shoot free throws at the Barn compared to a lot of other places. Glad those of you who were at the game were rewarded with a victory because it really did seem like one of the more engaged crowds in recent memory.

Sure we are lucky, and if Neb would have won it would have been a gutty performance by a superior team....

Give F'ing me a break, give the team credit for a gutty performance, there was no luck about it. luck would have been Neb going cold and missing a lot of open shots, luck would have been Neb getting sloppy with the ball and us hitting Hail Mary shots, etc... No, the players refused to loose and Coffey had a breakout performance. Go and try and tell Coffey or Dupree to their face they were lucky, they would knock your teeth out!

Top Bottom