***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Honestly, this is the Coffey I've expected all season. Sure it had alot to do with him going to head to head against James Palmer, whom many have pegged as a late first/early second round pick. Hope this type of all around game consistently is a sign of things to come.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He was the only guy that didn’t give Dupree a hug when he fouled out. I’m tired of Washington and it has nothing to do with his play on the court.

Pretty sure him and Dupree are very close. At least based on posts I see. Doubt it was intentisonal

AMIR F'N COFFEY!!!!!!!

What a performance! That was one guy just taking over a game. This teams season and Pitino's tenure were dead in the water with about 10 minutes left in this game. Then Amir went in to another gear!
Lol... the hyperbole after 8 games is laughable.

Just kick Washington off the team. He'll transfer soon enough anyways

College kids get emotional, they're not perfect especially in front of cameras for everyone to see. He didn't do anything malicious, let's calm down a little.

Of course they do. 47-63 in 6 years with the best finish 4th and one NCAA tourney birth. That is mediocre.

Even with the new arena, Nebraska is a bottom tier power 5 job. It's not even the best job in the state. Not sure I heard correctly, but I think they said they have a Nebraska kid on the team for the first time in 15 years? Imagine if we only got one in-state recruit per decade. We'd be staring up at Rutgers.

Only home game I’ll miss this year and it was a dandy. Of course!

If they play like they did at the end the rest of the season, we’ll be dancing. Just have to figure out how to get rid of the real bad stretches.
Yeah, that streakyness is hard to win with on a consistent basis. Good finish, however.

Of course they do. 47-63 in 6 years with the best finish 4th and one NCAA tourney birth. That is mediocre.
And somehow that eclipses our last five years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nebraska fans who want to run him out.
Guy before him was 34-64 in a conference I’d argue was worse than the big ten for all but one year.
Guy before doc Sadler was only over .500 OVERALL in 2/6 seasons.

They are an awful basketball program and he has made them competitive.

4 more years of this and you make a move. He hasn’t reached bill carmody status yet

He is a Junior. Just had his best statistical game. Controlled the floor in the second half, and particularly down the stretch.

Hardly hyperbole.

He's got a lot of growing up to do. He needs to GET IT, learn to be a TEAMMATE, and work on being a leader.
He'll either get it or he'll be transferring.

College kids get emotional, they're not perfect especially in front of cameras for everyone to see. He didn't do anything malicious, let's calm down a little.

Call it Jay Cutler syndrome. Still, have some awareness and don't stiff DuPree like that.

Yes, great game and Coffey had a career night. But, let's not forget our other star. Murphy had 18 points, 13 rebounds, and, very importantly, only 2 fouls. Finally, he takes a licking but keeps on ticking.

The testament to just how good Murphy is, is in the fact that a line of 18 points and 13 rebounds doesn't even stick out to us anymore as we have just come to expect that out of him. That is a great night for pretty much any player, for Murphy it is just another day at the office. Staying out of foul trouble was huge though for him because this team is really good when he is on the court.

Coffey was unreal tonight, that is the kind of player he can be, hopefully the light is finally going on and he will begin to take over games the way he did in this one.

The way this game started I thought we were in for a long night. Awesome to see the team battle back and get the W against a fringe top 25 team. Great bounce back after the game a couple nights ago in Columbus.

Are you forgetting that he’s coaching.....Nebraska basketball? His performance is similar to Glen Mason in Gopher football. Not the god you want to bronze, but the best thing you’ve had in a long while.

But they do need to understand that people pointing out their poor behavior are not being malicious and if they feel picked on, then it is only because they are slow to improve their behavior in ways people recognize.

Are you forgetting that he’s coaching.....Nebraska basketball? His performance is similar to Glen Mason in Gopher football. Not the god you want to bronze, but the best thing you’ve had in a long while.

Yup. This fact means he gets a longer leash than most guys

Yeah, that streakyness is hard to win with on a consistent basis. Good finish, however.

Seriously, WHEN they play hard, they are a good team. Unfortunately, they don’t play very hard most of the time. Change that and they can be a Tourney team.

It shows how strongly fans can respond to actual positive leadership on the team. It has seemed like a rarity in recent decades.

The testament to just how good Murphy is, is in the fact that a line of 18 points and 13 rebounds doesn't even stick out to us anymore as we have just come to expect that out of him. That is a great night for pretty much any player, for Murphy it is just another day at the office. Staying out of foul trouble was huge though for him because this team is really good when he is on the court.

Coffey was unreal tonight, that is the kind of player he can be, hopefully the light is finally going on and he will begin to take over games the way he did in this one.

The way this game started I thought we were in for a long night. Awesome to see the team battle back and get the W against a fringe top 25 team. Great bounce back after the game a couple nights ago in Columbus.

Beautiful description. Thanks!

Nebraska fans who want to run him out.
Guy before him was 34-64 in a conference I’d argue was worse than the big ten for all but one year.
Guy before doc Sadler was only over .500 OVERALL in 2/6 seasons.

They are an awful basketball program and he has made them competitive.

4 more years of this and you make a move. He hasn’t reached bill carmody status yet

Agreed that he stays but i understand why people want him gone. People want national recognition and Big 10 titles and there is not any indication that is coming.

Call it Jay Cutler syndrome. Still, have some awareness and don't stiff DuPree like that.

Completely agree with the Dupree thing. Isiah has shown flashes of talent or he wouldn't be here, just needs to figure out how to translate it to the Big Ten and spread the ball around more instead of trying to Jelly it every drive. We've had plenty of reasons to kick people off the team the last 5 years, and he's far from any of that.

Great win Gophers!!

I would've been pretty sad if they hadn't pulled that one out for Dupree.

Lots of kinks to work out, but if we can play like we did in the last 10 mins for 25 minutes in a game we'd be a pretty darn good team.

He was the only guy that didn’t give Dupree a hug when he fouled out. I’m tired of Washington and it has nothing to do with his play on the court.
He was clapping for him as DM came off the floor.

Tony Bennett would have Nebraska winning the B1G by now. (And losing in the first round of the NCAA's).:cool:

Yeah, didn’t mean he has something against Dupree. Just that Washington was pouting again.

Sure. But you’re implying he isn’t supportive of his teammate. They seem close. I’m sure they’ve mourned together. Guessing Dupree has known for weeks/months this day was coming. It doesn’t make it easier but it makes it different. Friends know. You’ve talked. Broken down. Been held up by them. At least thats my experience.

Top Bottom