***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Into the 6th year under Pitino and there is not one thing on either end of the court this team / program does well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't matter how the team does this year. He is gone. Five years of ridiculous inconsistency with a sixth year of inconsistency underway. Not good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Impatient, undisciplined. :mad:

Brutal. So many things wrong right now. First and foremost, there is never any first-half intensity on defense. This could be on the coach, but it’s also on the players. Somebody on this team needs to WANT to win. I rarely see anyone in good D position and moving quickly with a purple. This also leads to a lot of bad fouls. This team just doesn’t seem to want it.

Quit whining about the refs. Do you need your bottle of warm milk?

Show me a sports in game forum where there is NOT criticism of officiating, particularly in the B1G. Consider it part of the game.

They don’tbox out well either.

Show me a sports in game forum where there is NOT criticism of officiating, particularly in the B1G. Consider it part of the game.

I'm sorry, but it's a disease on the Gopher Hole board (both in football and in basketball). I think it's actually a culture of bonding in whininess and it's extremely undignified and distasteful.

It doesn't matter how the team does this year. He is gone. Five years of ridiculous inconsistency with a sixth year of inconsistency underway. Not good.

If it didn’t matter how well the team did this year, he would have been fired after last season.

Here are the problems as I see them:

1) Best player is Murphy. Usually in foul trouble, but even when he isn’t, can’t dribble well enough to give it to him at the end of a possession.

2) no good ball handler we trust with the ball. Washington is the only one with the skill and he has not proven trustworthy yet

3) until the last about 15 minutes our closest thing to a go to guy (Coffey) has been soft

Hard to win in college basketball without either a point guard or a forward who can always get a good shot off the dribble

Murphy looks like the game just started.

Hence the 1 foul :) But actually if you just tuned in, then you would have missed a pretty hard fall he took earlier this half. Took a minute to get up but kept playing.

I'm sorry, but it's a disease on the Gopher Hole board (both in football and in basketball). I think it's actually a culture of bonding in whininess and it's extremely distasteful.
Probably every other University board has the same affliction. Life happens.

If it didn’t matter how well the team did this year, he would have been fired after last season.

I agree in theory but we should remember that the buyout was higher after last season.

I'm sorry, but it's a disease on the Gopher Hole board (both in football and in basketball). I think it's actually a culture of bonding in whininess and it's extremely undignified and distasteful.

Well, aren’t you just so superior? [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least nobody has been arrested in a while. Improvement!

Last edited:

Is it just me or does it seem like Gopher opponents typing outperform their average FT shooting against the Gophers?

Except that no one stepped forward to donate the buyout to his contract. After, this year, the rise in willingness to donate to the cause of buying him out will exceed the buyout amount in the contract.

Shoot free throws at the same percentage as Nebraska and Minnesota would be leading this.

Well, Coffey is the one player who showed up to play today.

Minn not giving up...just don't think they have the guns to over come...hope they do though

Shoot free throws at the same percentage as Nebraska and Minnesota would be leading this.

Right. Make free throws, don't travel, don't get careless and turn it over for no good reason. If do those things we lead.

Well, Coffey is the one player who showed up to play today.

Yeah. Played well last 10 minutes of the last one. If he has woken up we will be competitive. He has been mediocre at best early in the season. I hope starts doing this with regularity

Right. Make free throws, don't travel, don't get careless and turn it over for no good reason. If do those things we lead.

Don't try for spectacular dunks you can't make...

Minn not giving up...just don't think they have the guns to over come...hope they do though

3 points with 4 + minutes left. Very possible. One more foul and Copeland is out.

Gabe is the new Colt Iverson. He gets the most ticky tack stuff called on him.

Top Bottom