***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Sure we are lucky, and if Neb would have won it would have been a gutty performance by a superior team....

Give F'ing me a break, give the team credit for a gutty performance, there was no luck about it. luck would have been Neb going cold and missing a lot of open shots, luck would have been Neb getting sloppy with the ball and us hitting Hail Mary shots, etc... No, the players refused to loose and Coffey had a breakout performance. Go and try and tell Coffey or Dupree to their face they were lucky, they would knock your teeth out!

Awesome win, saw no luck what so ever. Guts and better defense the last 10 minutes.

Way too much mushy talk about Miles in this thread. I am sure that if he was our coach, many of you would have him on thin ice and would be talking about who would be replacing him next year.

Well my voice is completely gone after tonight's game. The crowd sure was rockin' when the Gophers finally made their run later in the 2nd half. Love it when players from the opposite team look around dazed and blown away during timeouts when the rouser is damm near shaking the floor... :)

Welp, to be fair I was watching at my apartment and MY voice is also gone! I'm sure my neighbors are pretty happy with me.

Way too much mushy talk about Miles in this thread. I am sure that if he was our coach, many of you would have him on thin ice and would be talking about who would be replacing him next year.

He went out of his way to honor McBrayers mom. If you can’t appreciate that, you’re a terrible person.

AMIR F'N COFFEY!!!!!!!

What a performance! That was one guy just taking over a game. This teams season and Pitino's tenure were dead in the water with about 10 minutes left in this game. Then Amir went in to another gear!

I went from annoyed (4-23) run, to jaded, to hopeful, to excited, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGp47YwDZ48to teared up. What a night. Getting back to the Clem era of yelling so loud the neighbors hear is a great thing!

What is wrong with you people?
We just had a great come-from-behind win, and you're all gossiping???!!
Glad I never check in here during the games...

I did not think we had a chance to win that game, and this may prove to be a key point in the maturation of this team.

Exactly, what a night and people want to nit pick! Watching the emotion of Richard C. in the crowd, and the determination visible in Amir all night made me choke up! Richard P was all fired up as well. This night might change the program and season for the better.

Oh yeah, Murphy is an absolute machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4WpeMYtZEg

Well my voice is completely gone after tonight's game. The crowd sure was rockin' when the Gophers finally made their run later in the 2nd half. Love it when players from the opposite team look around dazed and blown away during timeouts when the rouser is damm near shaking the floor... :)

You could tell the place was rocking on TV. Having just gone to the game at US Bank you really get a feel for the extreme difference in atmosphere with the noise level at the Barn vs. what you get in a stadium.

Wasn't able to watch much, but heard most of the comeback on the radio. Sounded like a really fun game to be at.

Just catching up on this thread after going to the game last night. Quite amused at all of the sky is falling mid game reactions :cool:

fun game and games like that are why I like the Barn, that place was rocking by games end. It would be nice if we could consistently get that energy.

I spent most of game frustrated with defense and giving up 2nd chance points, but Amir took over like many of us expect him to do. It was clear our game plan was to drive to hoop as all of our guys were immediately in attack mode.

He went out of his way to honor McBrayers mom. If you can’t appreciate that, you’re a terrible person.

Of course I can appreciate the tribute and it must have meant a lot to Dupree.

I was just looking at the thread from the view of a fan trying to catch up on how the game was going without knowing the score. All of the comments were about how terrible we were, the players suck, our coach sucks, need a new coach, etc.. and by the way Miles is great, wish he coached the U....etc.... Like I said earlier, you would have though we were losing by 40 points! These in-game threads can be the most vitriol place, not for the faint of heart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course I can appreciate the tribute and it must have meant a lot to Dupree.

I was just looking at the thread from the view of a fan trying to catch up on how the game was going without knowing the score. All of the comments were about how terrible we were, the players suck, our coach sucks, need a new coach, etc.. and by the way Miles is great, wish he coached the U....etc.... Like I said earlier, you would have though we were losing by 40 points! These in-game threads can be the most vitriol place, not for the faint of heart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In game threads are hilarious to me. Every mini run seems huge on here. I participate and am part of the problem.

I’ll stand by Miles being a very good coach. He has done well at Nebraska. Zero in-state talent, zero history of being a good basketball program. He might lose his job there eventually, but then he’ll land somewhere else and succeed.

Tim miles has taken Nebraska to one tourney and failed to win a tourney game in six full years a Nebraska, of course I'd have him on thin ice.

Great job by Coach Pitino and staff last night in leading team against a very good, veteran team. Like to think that Pitino's positive, encouraging approach helped the team persevere and come out with a win. Coach had 2016-17 team playing their best 2nd half of the season and hopefully this year's version follows suit.

Tim miles has taken Nebraska to one tourney and failed to win a tourney game in six full years a Nebraska, of course I'd have him on thin ice.

Nebraska basketball is not equal to Minnesota basketball. Coaches get longer (and shorter) leashes depending on the sport and the school.

Example: Making the NCAA tournament at Minnesota is considered good. We'd like to win some games there but we don't go into most seasons thinking we are an Elite 8 team. At some schools, if you lose in the Round of 32 a few years in a row, you're on the hot seat.

Nebraska historically sucks and has no in-state talent. They've made the tournament 7 times and have NEVER WON A GAME. So Miles have 0 wins doesn't hurt as much as teams with historically good programs.

Sure. But you’re implying he isn’t supportive of his teammate. They seem close. I’m sure they’ve mourned together. Guessing Dupree has known for weeks/months this day was coming. It doesn’t make it easier but it makes it different. Friends know. You’ve talked. Broken down. Been held up by them. At least thats my experience.

No I'm not. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. I was just pointing out that he was pouting and was the only one that didn't get up to give him a hug. His body language during games is a big issue and I'm not the only one that thinks that.

No I'm not. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. I was just pointing out that he was pouting and was the only one that didn't get up to give him a hug. His body language during games is a big issue and I'm not the only one that thinks that.
See the thread about Eric Curry. Pitino addressed the body language of IW.

See the thread about Eric Curry. Pitino addressed the body language of IW.

Thanks. Apparently the body language experts of Gopherhole didn’t know what the guy who recruited him, coaches him and spends countless hours with seems to know. Crazy.

Top Bottom