Prayers for Dupree- Mother passed away

Such sad news. Condolences to Dupree and his family.

There is nothing I could type into this little textbox that could possibly be an adequate response to the death of your mother, Pree. This is a profound loss. Not all that long ago I lost my father. If anything positive came out of it, it was this: the realization that life is short and that it could end before I accomplish what I set out to do. That drives me now. I don't know if that will be relevant for you - maybe there is something different you can take from your situation. Please know that Gopher Nation is praying for you.

So awful to lose a parent, particularly at a young age. I know his Gophers family will support Pree in his time of grief to help him through it. All due strength to you, Dupree.

Richard Pitino tweet:
Prayers for @InPree_WeTrust. I remember when she made me drink a budweiser and eat lasagna at 10 am on Dupree’s in home visit. One of the coolest, most supportive moms I have ever had. Please show Dupree why this community is so special Gopher fans. #RIPTayra ����

Losing a parent really sucks. There aren’t a lot of good words to describe the hole it leaves in your life, especially when you’re a younger person. I hope Dupree takes time to grieve, even if it means taking time away from his team/studies. It’s important to be in a good place mentally as this eats at people. It consumes them.

He has a great support system. Sending all the good thoughts in the world his way. Based on Pitinos tweet I think I would have liked his mom

Dang that sucks. My wife just went through the same thing. It's still so hard even when you know it's coming.

Dang that sucks. My wife just went through the same thing. It's still so hard even when you know it's coming.

Agreed. My father passed away several years ago at the age of 66 after slowly declining due to health issues.. watching the demise is tough. Truthfully, it doesn't matter how, it just sucks to lose a parent when you are young. Sending positive thoughts to Dupree.

My son always plays in the Pitino Basketball Camp each summer. This past summer, Dupree was the coach of his team during the camp. Rouser Jr loved it and always has cheered for Dupree. Luckily, the Gopher family is strong so he will have two families to help him through.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[emoji120]

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

Losing a parent really sucks. There aren’t a lot of good words to describe the hole it leaves in your life, especially when you’re a younger person. I hope Dupree takes time to grieve, even if it means taking time away from his team/studies. It’s important to be in a good place mentally as this eats at people. It consumes them.

He has a great support system. Sending all the good thoughts in the world his way. Based on Pitinos tweet I think I would have liked his mom

Well said. Just a crappy situation all the way around and I am sure the team will give him as long as he needs to deal with his grief. That is one good thing about being part of a team though as he hopefully has a number of players that he can lean on for support in addition to whatever resources the athletic department also has available.

When he is ready to come back, hopefully basketball will provide a nice escape for him and he can finish his senior year strong.

Hang Tough Dupree! Sorry for your loss.

It's always sad to lose someone to cancer, but now he can move on with his life no longer worrying about her pain and the long battle against the inevitable.

Peace and love to him and his mother.

If I could say anything to Dupree it would be that in the darkest night, hope can lead the way. You just have to keep walking.

He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.

He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

9 years ago my brother died. 4 years ago his wife died. Their youngest son, was a senior in high school when she died. I made sure I was loud and proud at his graduation. He's now married and working a good job. Hope brings us through.
Dupree...I will cheer you on.
Gopher Nation gonna be loud and proud for you!!!

Pree's mother dies and 13 people can be bothered to say anything to let him know you care? What the f*** is wrong with you people? This thread should be 10 pages deep by now! Show some love.

Pree's mother dies and 13 people can be bothered to say anything to let him know you care? What the f*** is wrong with you people? This thread should be 10 pages deep by now! Show some love.

Sending condolences to Dupree and his family. Cancer sucks ...

Not sure how this guy played basketball the last couple months knowing that his mom was slowly slipping away due to cancer. That had to have been extremely tough. May the peace of God be with you Dupree, your friends, and all your relatives.

Kindest thoughts and hope to their family. Young man you will live her dream by finishing school and helping people.

Dupree one of my faves...so sorry about his mother's passing. Seemed like a really great lady. Hang in there Pree, your teammates got you.

Richard Pitino tweet:
Prayers for @InPree_WeTrust. I remember when she made me drink a budweiser and eat lasagna at 10 am on Dupree’s in home visit. One of the coolest, most supportive moms I have ever had. Please show Dupree why this community is so special Gopher fans. #RIPTayra
Hey Dupree...this Buds for you!
d7b1d44fc4a85c1b096c6fa1cbf004bd.jpg

Hey Dupree...this Buds for you!
d7b1d44fc4a85c1b096c6fa1cbf004bd.jpg
Wouldn't it be great if fans went to tomorrow's game wearing Budweiser clothing as a memorial to Dupree's mom and to let Coach Pitino know we care?!

Just read this now - so very sad for Dupree and his family. I met his mom a few years ago when she was here with his aunt to watch him play. They were both so sweet about me stopping to say hi and to tell them how much we loved him here in Minnesota; and them telling me about his workout habits to get stronger. Lots of love there, and hope he can come to feel that love even though she not here to remind him.

God Bless DM

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Condolences to Dupree and his family. Sorry for your loss.

So young. So sad. Condolences to him and his family.

So sorry to hear this. Hang tough Dupree. I know you will. You’ve proven to be one tough SOB. May your mother Rest In Peace.

So sorry for your loss Dupree. May God's peace comfort you and your family during this difficult time.

Hang in there Dupree. Losing your Mother is about as tough a blow as one can take. Just lost my Mother 90 days ago. Feel like an orphan.

You are one of my favorite all time Gophers. As the Tesla song says, "HANG TOUGH"!

This is the kind of situation when you more clearly see the players and coaches as people instead of just cogs in the basketball program, which it's tempting and easy enough to do. Although it's natural and normal to judge these folks by their performance, this is a reminder that they're beautiful people who have lives and struggles just like all of us. To quote Dr. McCoy, "They're not machines, Jim."

As much as we - not inappropriately, mind you - judge guys like Dupree and Richard on their performance and the team's success, I absolutely love both of these guys. The same sentiment applies in the threads discussing the coaching situation. These are first class people, and we only wish them the best and embrace them as extended family.

This is the kind of situation when you more clearly see the players and coaches as people instead of just cogs in the basketball program, which it's tempting and easy enough to do. Although it's natural and normal to judge these folks by their performance, this is a reminder that they're beautiful people who have lives and struggles just like all of us. To quote Dr. McCoy, "They're not machines, Jim."

As much as we - not inappropriately, mind you - judge guys like Dupree and Richard on their performance and the team's success, I absolutely love both of these guys. The same sentiment applies in the threads discussing the coaching situation. These are first class people, and we only wish them the best and embrace them as extended family.
Well said, BG.

Top Bottom