Home Attendance Watch

With today's attendance, the B1G home average ended at 5,914 and season average at 5,738. Total attendance for all games was 103,289 which exceeded last season (46,956) and previous (51,364). Last season had 2 fewer games and previous had one less game. Very impressive increase in attendance for the season. Will be interesting to see if this will grow next year.

I wonder how close the program will come to break even financially?

One hopes that with Whalen at the helm and once the team starts winning more home games that the home attendance will increase even more.

Did I hear correctly that this year's attendance puts the Gophers in the top 10 nationally?

Will the Lady Gophers reach the home attendance levels of when Lindsay Whalen was playing with the Gophers?

Did I hear correctly that this year's attendance puts the Gophers in the top 10 nationally?

On the BTN Plus broadcast I heard them mention that we were 3rd in conference but didn't hear nationally. However, I found this in the media notes published prior to the game on the U of MN site:

MINNESOTA NEAR THE TOP IN ATTENDANCE • Through 17 home games, the Gophers have had a total attendance of 95,582 with an average of 5,622 per contest. Through Feb. 27, the team was 10th in the country in total attendance and No. 12 in average. • Within the Big Ten, only Purdue had a higher total attendance and only Purdue and Iowa had a higher average attendance. • The average is the highest for the Gophers since 2008-09 when they averaged 5,833 and it’s nearly 2,500 more than they averaged last year (3,130). • Minnesota opened the 2018-19 season with a 70-47 win over New Hampshire on Nov. 9. The announced sellout crowd of 14,625 was a program record, surpassing the previous high of 14,363 set during Lindsay Whalen’s senior season in 2004. • Four of the top five attendance marks in team history, and eight of the top 10, have come with Whalen as either a player or coach. • The season-opening sellout stood as the highest attendance for any women’s game this season until it was passed on Jan. 31 by the 17,023 that saw No. 2 UConn play at No. 3 Louisville. It is now No. 3.

Last edited:

Top Bottom