Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For what is worth, this is from Sid Hartman in his column today:

Jottings
    • For the entire 2017-18 season, the Gophers women’s basketball team drew an announced 46,956 fans for 15 games at Williams Arena. So far this season, in 10 games, they have already drawn 57,977 fans.

What kind of a crowd can we expect for the game against Illinois? Sunday afternoon games after the first of the year have always drawn well. Temps are mild and Vikings season is over. 8000 to 9000?

That is a fairly good estimate. However, weather is going to be reasonable, no Vikings game, and wrestling the other campus draw. Had we won at Michigan, I would have said 9000+ (continuing the winning streak). Just short of 8000 for WI game and that game hasn't drawn any better than other games in past few years. So exceeding 9000 is not out of the question. Will have to see how the walk up crowd does.

I will have to start to remember to bring the garbage bags for the coats, it has been way too many years since I needed them.

The optimism expressed regarding the potential crowd size was a bit inflated. Actual attendance was 6622, down from the previous B1G game. So the two game B1G average is 7270. I guess it's a good thing more fans didn't witness the second half collapse? The article covering the loss will likely be overshadowed by the firing of the Timberwolves' coach.

Quotes posted on wrong thread.
    Last edited by Ignatius L Hoops; 01-15-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Iowa home game attendance of 5,439. This was down from the 2 previous B1G games. The B1G home average attendance is 6,660. Last night's attendance is still larger than any B1G game in the last two years. Hopefully fans will be patient with Whalen's first year and return in the same or greater numbers next season.

Quote Originally Posted by EaganGopher22 View Post
    Iowa home game attendance of 5,439. This was down from the 2 previous B1G games. The B1G home average attendance is 6,660. Last night's attendance is still larger than any B1G game in the last two years. Hopefully fans will be patient with Whalen's first year and return in the same or greater numbers next season.
    I'd still say that's pretty good for a weirdly-early, televised game on a Monday night.