Hello Golden Gophers

Coloradojacket

Reaction score
I am known as the Coloradojacket. I live in Denver, moved here in 1998 but am the biggest Georgia Tech fan in the world. I have 4 season tickets and get back for games. I have been going to Tech games since 1969. From Atlanta. I am also a huge CPJ fan and know his offense well, and love it. Not here to talk smack, just provide any answers you may have about the Jackets and I look forward to this match up.

And yes, we would have like to have been playing somewhere else but we are at were we are at. So ask me what you want

Should Georgia be in the Playoff?

What is Tech's best loss? Best win?

Some impressive wins, but WTH happened against Wake Forest? What defensive scheme/type of personnel works best to slow the option?

No, To Hell With Georgia.......Better answer. No, they have 2 losses, a bad one where they got blown out at LSU. The SEC is made out to be some great conference but look even who Bama played, LSU and Georgia were really about it. I keep seeing this notion of the eye test. Well if we are going to forget conference championships and wins and losses and go on eye tests, then lets go back to bowl tie ins and vote for the champion every year.

Wake Forest....we didn't play Wake Forest this year. How do you slow us down, two ways, really big powerfull D Tackles, or a LB crashing the A gap. On the latter when it is a wrong guess then big play for Tech.

Also just some clarification I always see that our offense is called the Triple Option. The Triple option is a play in our offense. It is the spread option. That would be like calling the West coast offense the screen pass offense. I see many of you talking about defending the triple option. Fair point but we run it about 20% of the time. We also run, the counter option, speed option, load option, mid line option, b-back dive, b counter, A veer, rocket toss etc. what a defense needs to be ready for it cut blocks, and changes in blocking assignments all day. CPJ calls all the plays and does not have a play sheet. during a play he stands back so he can see the offensive line and their blocks. Plays are not signaled in, CPJ whispers them into an A backs ear and they run the play in. When we do throw the ball we mean it. In most years we average about 25 yards per reception.

Also just some clarification I always see that our offense is called the Triple Option. The Triple option is a play in our offense. It is the spread option. That would be like calling the West coast offense the screen pass offense. I see many of you talking about defending the triple option. Fair point but we run it about 20% of the time. We also run, the counter option, speed option, load option, mid line option, b-back dive, b counter, A veer, rocket toss etc. what a defense needs to be ready for it cut blocks, and changes in blocking assignments all day. CPJ calls all the plays and does not have a play sheet. during a play he stands back so he can see the offensive line and their blocks. Plays are not signaled in, CPJ whispers them into an A backs ear and they run the play in. When we do throw the ball we mean it. In most years we average about 25 yards per reception.

Thanks for the insight. Sounds a bit like Bubba Gump...

There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Coloradojacket, Thanks for joining the forum and providing us some insight. What are GT's strengths and weaknesses on defense? Who are the standout players?

Thanks for the insight. Sounds a bit like Bubba Gump...

There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it

Don't forget veer shrimp, single wing shrimp, rocket toss shrimp...

Coloradojacket, I'm so glad you came to visit! Tell us about your defense. What kind of defense do you play, what are your strongest and weakest position groups, and what does the D look like when it's clicking?

Hi Colorado

What is Georgia Techs view of the Big Ten?

Also, did you graduate from G-Tech? If so what are you doing with your Doctorate in Nuclear science or nanotechnology?

I am known as the Coloradojacket. I live in Denver, moved here in 1998 but am the biggest Georgia Tech fan in the world. I have 4 season tickets and get back for games. I have been going to Tech games since 1969. From Atlanta. I am also a huge CPJ fan and know his offense well, and love it. Not here to talk smack, just provide any answers you may have about the Jackets and I look forward to this match up.

And yes, we would have like to have been playing somewhere else but we are at were we are at. So ask me what you want

Could you elaborate on your teams 222-0 win over Cumberland in 1916? The largest margin of victory ever in college football.

Who do you hate more?
Georgia or Clemson?

Any Sunday sleepers on GT that we can keep an eye out for?

What was it like going to an all male college?

But do you run the single-wing formation? A pure Minnesota innovation.

Also of course you need to explain "The Varsity" to my brethren Gophers. Don't light a match around the onion rings...and how do you want that dog...?

Also of course you need to explain "The Varsity" to my brethren Gophers. Don't light a match around the onion rings...and how do you want that dog...?

“What’ll ya have? What’ll ya have?”

“What’ll ya have? What’ll ya have?”

Yep ATL, what you said can only be offered from experience! We DO NOT HAVE THE EQUIVALENT up here.

We also don't have Waffle Houses either...

Hey Coloradojacket, Thanks for joining the forum and providing us some insight. What are GT's strengths and weaknesses on defense? Who are the standout players?

Strengths on defense is we have been able to stop some running games. Also lots of turnovers. Watch for our DE Sait Amour and NT Brandon Adams

Sid says Bobby Ross damn near came to Minnesota. True?
I always enjoy watching GT. I'm glad we play a Power 5 school that is never on our schedule.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hi Colorado

What is Georgia Techs view of the Big Ten?

Also, did you graduate from G-Tech? If so what are you doing with your Doctorate in Nuclear science or nanotechnology?

LOL, not sure where you get that background. So here is the part that gets everyone, I am a UGA grad 1984. I just never quit being a Tech fan. I contribute a lot to Tech every year.

LOL, not sure where you get that background. So here is the part that gets everyone, I am a UGA grad 1984. I just never quit being a Tech fan. I contribute a lot to Tech every year.

Did you get to watch Herschel? He went to the USFL after the Sugar Bowl in '83. He held the door open for me once...

Could you elaborate on your teams 222-0 win over Cumberland in 1916? The largest margin of victory ever in college football.

Well, Cumberland punted every 1st down and we did not throw a single pass. After the game coach Heisman felt the players had not had enough work so he put them through and hour long scrimmage before a steak dinner.

Yes, i was there from 1980 to 1984, I had a class with him and sat by him. Very nice guy.

Got it. Those were heady days for UGA football. Bulldogs still trying to get back to that glory.

In the meantime good for sticking with the Jackets. Have dear friends in a house divided...he went to both Tech and Georgia...she only went to Georgia...and he's a Jacket and she's a Dawg. Still happily married after 30 years but it does get testy around Thanksgiving...

love the georgia tech fans who have come to this board, makes for some fun banter and insight.

Have you ever met Joe Anoa'i?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The first thing I think of when I hear Georgia Tech, I think of the awful technical foul call on Willie Burton in the '90 Regional Final at the Superdome. Also, way to try & be a hero, Kevin Lynch, missing the last second 3 pointer.

Lethal Weapon 3, featuring Dennis Scott, Kenny Anderson & Brian Oliver. I'm pretty sure they accounted for 194 points that day. Damn you, shady Bobby Cremmins.

Sid says Bobby Ross damn near came to Minnesota. True?
I always enjoy watching GT. I'm glad we play a Power 5 school that is never on our schedule.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bobby Ross was very interested in the Gopher job after Holtz left and AD Paul Giel wanted him, but when he visited campus he felt rejection as a kind of player revolt was going on in favor of Gutekunst - this was allegedly engineered by a bureaucrat in the Athletic Dept behind Giel's back. Ross didn't like the situation and went on to a national championship at GT, while Gutekunst was hired despite that Giel was after others (including, besides Ross, the successful coach then at Air Force, who was also interested, but wanted to wait until after the bowls to decide).

Bobby Ross was very interested in the Gopher job after Holtz left and AD Paul Giel wanted him, but when he visited campus he felt rejection as a kind of player revolt was going on in favor of Gutekunst - this was allegedly engineered by a bureaucrat in the Athletic Dept behind Giel's back. Ross didn't like the situation and went on to a national championship at GT, while Gutekunst was hired despite that Giel was after others (including, besides Ross, the successful coach then at Air Force, who was also interested, but wanted to wait until after the bowls to decide).

That's some salt in the wounds, GPG. I remember that very well. BIG mistake by the Gophers.

Top Bottom