Marcus: Nebraska game is a chance to quiet some noise

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Stopping Watson’s penetration will be vital. With that said, I’d put Gabe or mcbrayer on Watson with the other guarding Palmer. Coffey should guard Copeland and Murphy guards roby. Tough matchups all away around. This may be a game to go zone if we don’t let too many open 3s fly.

Nebraska is a good ball team.

this will test the Gophers again!

Miles seems to always be rumored for the guillotine as well but seems like he's turned it around with some key transfers?

I'm cautiously optimistic...we almost always play well at home. I think it will be close, but we beat a ranked Nebraska going into the rest of the non-con. Hopefully, by the time we head to Madison, Curry will have shaken off some rust and we will have figured out some lineup issues against bad oponents. Hard to know what will happen though... this team has played quite well and then played just horribly. No consistency....

Just scored ticks and parking pass... see you there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lunardi has us in the big dance - just updated today. Against ucla in play-in game.

DMs mom just passed away

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sad for DM. I just lost my mom. I would guess he will miss the game. I would want to grieve with my family. Maybe chance for Stull to step up his play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad for DM. I just lost my mom. I would guess he will miss the game. I would want to grieve with my family. Maybe chance for Stull to step up his play.

That’s a rough thing to deal with. I have always rooted a little extra hard for Dupree, I just like the kid. Damn.

Sad for Dupree. Hopefully he will have some peace now.

Huskers are about 7 points better than the Gophers at the Barn with Dupree playing. Much steeper uphill if he doesn't. Need a big crowd cheering hard.

Miles seems to always be rumored for the guillotine as well but seems like he's turned it around with some key transfers?

Nebraska has a very good starting 5 with not a lot of depth, a lot like the Gophers last year. Playing good defense so far, they have been playing a fair amount of 1-3-1 zone. If Palmer and Copeland are playing well, they will be tough to beat. This is Mile's chance to get the fan's off his back, as the Huskers will lose a lot to graduation this year.

Huskers are about 7 points better than the Gophers at the Barn with Dupree playing. Much steeper uphill if he doesn't. Need a big crowd cheering hard.
Zero percent chance that Vegas and cash flow is close to agreeing with Nebraska -7

Lundardi currently has 10 teams in the tourney:

Indiana - 6 seed (means they are ranked 21-24 in country)
Iowa - 7 seed (means they are ranked 25-28)
Ohio State - 5 seed (16-20)
MN 11 seed (41-44)
MSU 2 seed (5-8)
PU 5 seed (16-20)
Michigan 2 seed (5-8)
UW 4 seed (13-16)
Nebraska 6 seed (21-24)
Maryland 7 seed (25-28).

Hard to argue with any of that.

Lundardi currently has 10 teams in the tourney:

Indiana - 6 seed (means they are ranked 21-24 in country)
Iowa - 7 seed (means they are ranked 25-28)
Ohio State - 5 seed (16-20)
MN 11 seed (41-44)
MSU 2 seed (5-8)
PU 5 seed (16-20)
Michigan 2 seed (5-8)
UW 4 seed (13-16)
Nebraska 6 seed (21-24)
Maryland 7 seed (25-28).

Hard to argue with any of that.

Did I hear out of the corner of my ear the other night on BTN that even 8 teams would be unprecedented? Hard to imagine they'd invite 10. During the meat-grinder conference schedule the wheat is going to get separated from the chaff, and no more than 8 will be left standing.

Zero percent chance that Vegas and cash flow is close to agreeing with Nebraska -7

KenPom says it should be Nebraska -3, TeamRankings says Nebraska -5 or -6. Sagarin also says Nebraska -6.

That said, I think we’re a bit better than those ratings. I’m guessing that Vegas will open it at Nebraska -3 or maybe -4. That should get action on both sides.

If I was in charge of a Vegas book, I'd pull this game. No way to judge how the Gophers respond to McBrayer not playing (I'm assuming) due to the death of his mother. They could rally and play inspired or they could hang their heads and fold.

The last thing I'd look for in this game is a close contest. Here's hoping the Gophers rally and win one for "The McBrayer!"

If I was in charge of a Vegas book, I'd pull this game. No way to judge how the Gophers respond to McBrayer not playing (I'm assuming) due to the death of his mother. They could rally and play inspired or they could hang their heads and fold.

The last thing I'd look for in this game is a close contest. Here's hoping the Gophers rally and win one for "The McBrayer!"

That’s exactly what Vegas would want. I doubt the Dupree thing will resonate nationally but your theory provides reasons to bet on both sides.

Tomorrow morning on scoresandodds.com I'll project the line opens at Gophers -1.

Last edited:

Did I hear out of the corner of my ear the other night on BTN that even 8 teams would be unprecedented? Hard to imagine they'd invite 10. During the meat-grinder conference schedule the wheat is going to get separated from the chaff, and no more than 8 will be left standing.

Agreed. Even 8, although possible, is a bit of a stretch. It's ridiculous how prognosticators (and even the NCAA itself) fluctuate wildly from year-to-year in the number of berths given to some of the conferences. The conference wasn't bad enough last year to have only 4 teams selected and it isn't good enough this year to have 9 or 10 selected.

Top Bottom