Fred Hoiberg fired by the Bulls, does he get back into college coaching?

Not interested. Besides, we have a coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not interested. Besides, we have a coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm certainly not giving up on Pitino or anything, as I like him and want him to succeed, but is it possible the AD would get rid of Pitino if they received some sort of guarantee that Hoiberg would take the position if it opened up? Seemed like that was sort of the deal with Claeys and Fleck. Claeys had a pretty good season, but they decided that the opportunity to hire Fleck was too good to pass up.

Heard an interesting tidbit on today's Eye on College BBall podcast. Gary Parrish (pretty plugged in guy at CBS Sports) said that Teague was under the impression that Hoiberg to MN was a done deal when he fired Tubby. Clearly that didn't work out, but definitely adds a wrinkle to him being on the market.

Heard an interesting tidbit on today's Eye on College BBall podcast. Gary Parrish (pretty plugged in guy at CBS Sports) said that Teague was under the impression that Hoiberg to MN was a done deal when he fired Tubby. Clearly that didn't work out, but definitely adds a wrinkle to him being on the market.

Hoiberg vacations in central MN and his wife is a big fan of the Twin Cities. Hoiberg was coming here, until ISU gave another good extension and Fred knew there was a shot at the NBA with Flip coming in at the Wolves.

I would love to have Hoiberg as our coach depending on how this season shapes up

I would love to have Hoiberg as our coach depending on how this season shapes up

Same.

It is almost completely on coffey and Murphy
If McBrayer plays like I think he can and those two play well and out of foul trouble, this is a pretty good team.

Jeff Goodman lists Minnesota and UCLA as two potential landing spots:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Doogie must have told Teague that. Hoiberg used us to get a raise. I don't think he was ever interested. Different situation now, obviously.

We have enough former Bulls employees on the Wolves and If Hoiberg came to the Gophers it would be similar to Rick Pitino's coaching journey.......too many story line coincidences!

Im rooting for Pitino to make it happen this year. I'm tired of always looking forward to the next coach.

Top Bottom