Gophers to play Georgia Tech in Quick Lane Bowl

Very pleased the Gophers are going bowling, for one thing. So is every single person who posted in this thread. That's just an automatic given.

15 extra practices. That's how bowl programs get a head start and getter better than non-bowl programs. Very key to be in a bowl each year.

And it gets the Gophers on the Bowl TV schedule. National ESPN audience for fans, alumni, and recruits. And we recruit in Georgia.

Not a glamorous bowl location by any means, but it's indoors so the weather won't matter. And some people have said that area downtown around the stadiums is safe and fun.

Looking forward to it!

What? No knife-wielding polar bears like here in Minneapolis?!

Detroit is a fun city. Seriously if you can't have fun in detroit you are doing it wrong.

Wonder what affect that it’s their long time coaches last game will have? This is a heck of a challenge for the Gophers as Johnson is a heck of a coach!

The more I think about the opponent, the more I like the game. I was down on the opponent initially (because of the uniqueness), but now I’m looking forward to the big time challenge.

This will be a big game for GT because it’ll be their long time coaches last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mostly disappointed because GT (along with Washington) are my #2 and #3 favorite college football teams after the Gophers. No P5 teams run the triple option any longer so I think it's cool that GT has kept it around. Plus.....CJ has been one of my favorite NFL players of all time. I was hoping for a different opponent.

Have we had a practice? Closed to media? No one care? Recruiting overshadowing it? Bowl is seven days away.

Wonder what affect that it’s their long time coaches last game will have? This is a heck of a challenge for the Gophers as Johnson is a heck of a coach!

The more I think about the opponent, the more I like the game. I was down on the opponent initially (because of the uniqueness), but now I’m looking forward to the big time challenge.

This will be a big game for GT because it’ll be their long time coaches last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently it's had an affect in the past.

Stewart Mandel:

Quick Lane Bowl (32): Georgia Tech 28, Minnesota 21. I feel like there’s some sort of unwritten bowl rule that retiring coaches get to go out with a win. See Bear Bryant, Vince Dooley, Tom Osborne, Bobby Bowden, Don Nehlen, Frank Beamer and more. It’s your turn, Paul Johnson.

Have we had a practice? Closed to media? No one care? Recruiting overshadowing it? Bowl is seven days away.

Fleck at the Quick Lane Bowl Press Conf. stated at that time they had already began their practices due to the extra time needed to prep for GT’s offense.

Top Bottom