Gophers to play Georgia Tech in Quick Lane Bowl

Ick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, cause it's not like we've shown any ability to gameplan or adjust to different offenses under Rossi.

This will definitely be a great test as to his DC abilities, excited for that at least

Yeah, cause it's not like we've shown any ability to gameplan or adjust to different offenses under Rossi.

We didn't win vs. mobile QBs. We beat more traditional QBs.

On top of that it's the coach's final game. Players going to be super pumped up for that too.

On top of that it's the coach's final game. Players going to be super pumped up for that too.

Well, sounds like a good test for us!

Well, Wisconsin had a 2000 yard rusher and a bunch of future NFL linemen and they were pumped up at home to keep the Axe and the Gophers did fine.

I love how people are finding a way to b*tch about making a bowl game. After Illinois, nobody thought this was even possible. I'm happy to get to watch another game and for the program to have all the extra practices.

Why does a crappy city like Detroit have a bowl game while Minneapolis doesn't? If your going to go to a cold weather city for a bowl in a dome there should at least be things to do.

Of all the possible locations and matchups, this has to be close to one of the worst possibilities, right? Bummer for the fans, but at least the team gets the extra practice.

Bad timing. Normally I'm 30 minutes away, but on this particular day I will be 11 hours. I'll be cheering from a couch somewhere in MN.

I love how people are finding a way to b*tch about making a bowl game. After Illinois, nobody thought this was even possible. I'm happy to get to watch another game and for the program to have all the extra practices.

Exactly. 6-6 teams don’t get to be picky.

Georgia Tech's offense is really tough to prepare for, however most teams only have a week and a couple practices to do it. We will have almost a month and 15 practices to get the players ready for what GT will be running. On top of that we will have an entire season worth of film to study.

Why does a crappy city like Detroit have a bowl game while Minneapolis doesn't? If your going to go to a cold weather city for a bowl in a dome there should at least be things to do.

Would need a major corporation to step up to sponsor one.

Very pleased the Gophers are going bowling, for one thing. So is every single person who posted in this thread. That's just an automatic given.

15 extra practices. That's how bowl programs get a head start and getter better than non-bowl programs. Very key to be in a bowl each year.

And it gets the Gophers on the Bowl TV schedule. National ESPN audience for fans, alumni, and recruits. And we recruit in Georgia.

Not a glamorous bowl location by any means, but it's indoors so the weather won't matter. And some people have said that area downtown around the stadiums is safe and fun.

Looking forward to it!

Of all the possible locations and matchups, this has to be close to one of the worst possibilities, right? Bummer for the fans, but at least the team gets the extra practice.

Would you rather be outdoors in Boise, ID ?? Yeah, be grateful.

I'm thrilled the Gophers are playing in a bowl game at all, but this was probably the second worst possible outcome for fans. First Responders against a G5 would've been the worst. After being pumped by speculation all week for a bigger name opponent in a better bowl, this is a downer. But again, I'm really looking forward to one more Gophers game!

Detroit downtown is underrated.

Would need a major corporation to step up to sponsor one.

Yeah, if more bowl games were being allowed to be created from scratch, then I feel like we'd have a chance.

But at this point, they're freezing the total number, so one would have to move from elsewhere to Mpls. Not sure if that can ever happen, with so many locations in the south and southwest parts of the country eager to host them.

Is Georgia Tech the team that just fired their head coach?

I'm thrilled the Gophers are playing in a bowl game at all, but this was probably the second worst possible outcome for fans. First Responders against a G5 would've been the worst. After being pumped by speculation all week for a bigger name opponent in a better bowl, this is a downer. But again, I'm really looking forward to one more Gophers game!

Georgia Tech is a big opponent. They are a better foe than Miami, Virginia, or Virginia Tech, all of whom were mentioned as possible opponents. Georgia Tech beat all 3 straight up this year and finished with a better record. 2 of GT's losses were Clemson and Georgia. They are legit.

I'm pretty sure Boise wasn't one of the possible locations.

Like I said, be grateful for that! Poor b_____s have to freeze their butts off outdoors in a horrible location.

Detroit bowl is indoors.

Like I said, be grateful for that! Poor b_____s have to freeze their butts off outdoors in a horrible location.

Detroit bowl is indoors.

I meant the location of this bowl relative to the other possibilities for the Gophers. I was itching to travel for a bowl game this year, but not to Detroit.

Anyone who’s disappointed with the matchup should go see how GT fans feel about it. LOL

Top Bottom