***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

First time since 1992 that Big Ten opponent hasn't hit a 3 pointer against Ohio State. I was in grade school. I am sure some posters weren't even alive. Just a tremendous performance on both ends of the court from our team.

At this point, I don't think it's an overreaction to expect that Pitino's tenure here is going to be over at the end of the season. They're disorderly on offense, he hamstrung this team with sit transfers, his upcoming recruiting class shows next to no promise. You think Matthew Hurt is watching this team thinking that they'll be relevant next year, as a potential one-and-done? It sure looks like this recruiting class is going to be a mess and that the season will be middling at best.

I understand that it's just one conference game and that we're getting Eric Curry back, but they're just so dysfunctional on offense. I don't think that Pitino is a good in-game adjustment coach, and I can't believe that he didn't do more for the development of IW as PG. This absurd experiment of Coffey at PG is an embarrassment and it's the same type of crap that holds this team back year after year. How is there only one active PG on this roster??

I've been a staunch Pitino supporter but I don't see this thing correcting course in a way that will save him his job.

OMG. So then we get 5 more years of “rebuilding” til we fire that coach? It’s a vicious circle.

I’m not saying you don’t hold him responsible for part of it but shooting 39% and 0-13 is not going to win any coach any games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We can't shoot 3's because he failed to recruit 3 point shooters outside of Gabe. If this were a great shooting team who had an off night, no one would be concerned. That is not the case.

Wednesday is the most important game of Pitino's tenure. Game # 3 is in Kohl Center. We can't start out 0-3 in the B1G and think we're doing anything.

This is an awful Gophers team tonight. Painful to watch. Too bad Stull did not get a waiver.

This is an awful Gophers team tonight. Painful to watch. Too bad Stull did not get a waiver.

Sadly Stull didn't need one. I'd trade 5 of him for Carr even though I've never seen him play.

OMG. So then we get 5 more years of “rebuilding” til we fire that coach? It’s a vicious circle.

I’m not saying you don’t hold him responsible for part of it but shooting 39% and 0-13 is not going to win any coach any games.

The problem you have is that this can’t be simply chalked up as a bad night shooting. It’s an all to common occurrence for this team under Pitino.

It’s a horrible shooting team and without baskets in transition they have a tough time in the half court.

The questions is, can Pitino recruit outside of MN?

Stop it! Just stop the defeatist thinking that we can't do better so we shouldn't even try.

Pitino has had three teams that have ranged from disappointing to awful in his first five years. If the sixth year team also tanks, he deserves to be fired - period. And that is true even if his successor doesn't do very well and gets fired too. Maybe if we don't get the next hire right, we'll get the one after that right. You don't stop trying to be better.

The Nebraska game is now crucial. I want to see how the players and coaches react to this beat down. I expected to lose tonight but I expected a battle. This was just not acceptable. Bad shooting? Sure.. we would have stayed in the game if we made seven 3 pointers like OSU did, but OSU was the better organized team, they knew what they were doing on both ends of the floor. That's on Pitino. There is enough talent to work with to do better than that.

Coffey at PG is almost as dumb as when the Twins had Miguel Sano playing RF

At this point, I don't think it's an overreaction to expect that Pitino's tenure here is going to be over at the end of the season. They're disorderly on offense, he hamstrung this team with sit transfers, his upcoming recruiting class shows next to no promise. You think Matthew Hurt is watching this team thinking that they'll be relevant next year, as a potential one-and-done? It sure looks like this recruiting class is going to be a mess and that the season will be middling at best.

I understand that it's just one conference game and that we're getting Eric Curry back, but they're just so dysfunctional on offense. I don't think that Pitino is a good in-game adjustment coach, and I can't believe that he didn't do more for the development of IW as PG. This absurd experiment of Coffey at PG is an embarrassment and it's the same type of crap that holds this team back year after year. How is there only one active PG on this roster??

I've been a staunch Pitino supporter but I don't see this thing correcting course in a way that will save him his job.

If the season goes as you think it does (I am going to wait until after the Nebraska game), it further goes to show why I was vocal about making a change last Spring. At that point, the Gophers were one year removed from being a tourney team, were bringing back a Senior Jordan Murphy and had a solid (not great) recruiting class with 3 scholarships still to play with and brand new facilities to sell with a promising 2019 in state class to look forward to. With no other B1G jobs opening and few jobs opening around the country, the Gophers job was as attractive as it had been since Pitino took over. Since that point, we've had 2 of our 3 assistants jump ship, missed out on a number of Spring recruits, missed out on the local 2019 kids, and currently are dead last in recruiting. There won't be a Jordan Murphy building block for the potential next coach either. Someone could have came in this year and made a splash immediately. Next year seems to be guaranteed to be a non-tournament year unless Pitino/new coach can land at least two immediate impact players this Spring. There is still a lot of 2020 talent locally that will be enticing to coaching candidates, but the returning roster and a potential second year in a row in the bottom quarter of the conference will be major anchors on the attractiveness of the job.

If the season goes as you think it does (I am going to wait until after the Nebraska game), it further goes to show why I was vocal about making a change last Spring. At that point, the Gophers were one year removed from being a tourney team, were bringing back a Senior Jordan Murphy and had a solid (not great) recruiting class with 3 scholarships still to play with and brand new facilities to sell with a promising 2019 in state class to look forward to. With no other B1G jobs opening and few jobs opening around the country, the Gophers job was as attractive as it had been since Pitino took over. Since that point, we've had 2 of our 3 assistants jump ship, missed out on a number of Spring recruits, missed out on the local 2019 kids, and currently are dead last in recruiting. There won't be a Jordan Murphy building block for the potential next coach either. Someone could have came in this year and made a splash immediately. Next year seems to be guaranteed to be a non-tournament year unless Pitino/new coach can land at least two immediate impact players this Spring. There is still a lot of 2020 talent locally that will be enticing to coaching candidates, but the returning roster and a potential second year in a row in the bottom quarter of the conference will be major anchors on the attractiveness of the job.

I don't think coaches are that short-term oriented in evaluating a job. That said, I was also in favor of it because you could kind of see this coming. Also, Musselman specifically was probably getable last April. This year he probably won't be.

Coffey at PG is almost as dumb as when the Twins had Miguel Sano playing RF

Apt comparison. But Sano in the OF only effected Sano (and the pitcher). The domino effect of Coffey at PG effects the entire offense.

Stop it! Just stop the defeatist thinking that we can't do better so we shouldn't even try.

Pitino has had three teams that have ranged from disappointing to awful in his first five years. If the sixth year team also tanks, he deserves to be fired - period. And that is true even if his successor doesn't do very well and gets fired too. Maybe if we don't get the next hire right, we'll get the one after that right. You don't stop trying to be better.

Never said that, just pointing out exactly what you posted.

There’s no guarantees replacing him. We have no shooters ok. We thought we would have Carr this year and will next year. We hit just 4 of the threes we took...this conversation is not even happening.

Replace him...I have no problem with that. But, I will guarantee after the first clunker like this the exact same people bitching tonight, will be in force.

He can’t recruit shooters. Always misses out on his first choice. Yes. All truths. But, I don’t think that’s all Pitino. It’s the program/school/coaches combo. When the last time we got the first choices?

I’m jus not convinced the revolving door is always the answer. But, I’ll support the program regardless the coach.

I was also a Pitino supporter. Changed my tone after watching two Home games. Not once, never, did I see a smile on his face nor any of the players. No one is having fun. He is trying to be the coach that his father was. Doesn’t have that make up, nor his players nor his assistant coaches. I think we will see a mass exodus of players after this season.

I also expected this game to be loss, albeit a bit closer. But whether we lose by five of forty, it's still an 0-1 for the season.

I seem to recall a season recently where the Gophers started the B1G season 3-6 with a bunch of home losses and a blowout loss in their first road game, and that season turned out okay. Posters on here were freaking out for Pitino to get fired then too. This team has a lot of room for growth, I would rather we struggle now than in February like past years. This won't be our last loss of the season, you'd be crazy to think otherwise. So let's just let the season unfold instead of having an aneurysm at every opportunity.

I was also a Pitino supporter. Changed my tone after watching two Home games. Not once, never, did I see a smile on his face nor any of the players. No one is having fun. He is trying to be the coach that his father was. Doesn’t have that make up, nor his players nor his assistant coaches. I think we will see a mass exodus of players after this season.

Wew, I think you and I are watching different Gopher basketball teams.

You take Musselman if you can still get him, which is perhaps unlikely. But Oats is in my top 5.

If Coyle has any sense (debatable), he goes after him hard. Fans would love it.

I suppose... we got smoked, on the road, to a good #16 team and its time to give cjbfpb and LesBolstad their new coach. At least they will be making excuses for the next 4 years until they end up turning on Muss for not winning quickly enough. You should start working on your complaining about Muss now.

Its too bad we can't make fan trades - We could trade those two, some cash for a walk on fan over at Wiscy...

Never said that, just pointing out exactly what you posted.

There’s no guarantees replacing him. We have no shooters ok. We thought we would have Carr this year and will next year. We hit just 4 of the threes we took...this conversation is not even happening.

Replace him...I have no problem with that. But, I will guarantee after the first clunker like this the exact same people bitching tonight, will be in force.

He can’t recruit shooters. Always misses out on his first choice. Yes. All truths. But, I don’t think that’s all Pitino. It’s the program/school/coaches combo. When the last time we got the first choices?

I’m jus not convinced the revolving door is always the answer. But, I’ll support the program regardless the coach.

We can't have "expected" to have Carr. That we put ourselves in a position that we desperately needed him is on Pitino.

And the first time Pitino had any heat on him was in year 3, which was the worst season of Gopher basketball in decades.

I suppose... we got smoked, on the road, to a good #16 team and its time to give cjbfpb and LesBolstad their new coach. At least they will be making excuses for the next 4 years until they end up turning on Muss for not winning quickly enough. You should start working on your complaining about Muss now.

Its too bad we can't make fan trades - We could trade those two, some cash for a walk on fan over at Wiscy...

Just to be clear.

OSU is a pretty damn good basketball team.
They played Friday against a good team
Flew to Columbus Saturday.
Play Sunday night.
Play against a team ranked 16th
We are 6 and 2.

And we should fire Pitino?

Are u guys high?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

+1000

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Who's firing him? It's reasonable to be concerned that we got blown out while showing all the same flaws we showed on Monday. Wednesday becomes a huge game.

I would debate whether OSU should be #16. Time will e=tell, of course, I just dont see it.

BTW, where is the coaching tonight? You look at the Lady Gophers and you can see really good teaching and coaching on the sidelines.

This team is very disorganized on offense, inexperience or?????

Top Bottom