***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I thought Oturu was this big time 4 star recruit? Granted he is a freshman but I’m disappointed so far as he is so SOFT. Anyone else agree?

I thought Oturu was this big time 4 star recruit? Granted he is a freshman but I’m disappointed so far as he is so SOFT. Anyone else agree?

He's just not strong enough. On a good team, he would red shirt.

This is a disappointing game. It's been a very disappointing day with the Gophers getting their worst possible bowl game and the Vikings playing laying an egg in New England. For this to be the nightcap is excruciating. I am doing my best not to overreact as if the Gophers beat Nebraska, they will be in completely fine shape going in to January.

I am concerned that we are this far in to the season and the Gophers have not only not looked like a tourney team (much less a team that wins games in the tourney) in one full game yet. I can point to stretches in every game where they have looked like a team that could finish in the bottom quarter of the conference. It's amazing to me that Pitino went in to a must win season with not one, but two sit out transfers. As I type this Brock Stull has not even got off the bench in the last two games against high major opponents. Pitino had 3 scholarships to play with in the Spring and to date he's gotten like 1-2 good 3 minute stretches from those scholarships.

Having seen in play in HS, my opinion is he hasn’t figured out he can’t do what he did in HS yet. I think he’s a work in progress. My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stull on the court as Pitino realizes he needs more shooters.

Having seen in play in HS, my opinion is he hasn’t figured out he can’t do what he did in HS yet. I think he’s a work in progress. My 2 cents.

Yes, I think that's right. Washington had the same issue early in the season last year.

Richard Pitino 31-60 Big Ten record
Why do we accept mediocrity here?

Get Murphy out of there before he gets his 3rd concussion of the night.

Murphy gonna need a bucket of Blue Emu tonight

Stull does not even appear in the ESPN box score because he's done nothing that registers yet.

There's absolutely no way to win shooting this poorly.

I wish you could bet on coaches getting fired. It’d be easy money. As I’ve said, Don Lucia and a decent recruiting class is all that saved Richie last year. It’s going to be a long winter Gopher fans, but they’ll be a nice reward at the end of it. A real basketball coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckeyes getting lots of easy shots.

I wish you could bet on coaches getting fired. It’d be easy money. As I’ve said, Don Lucia and a decent recruiting class is all that saved Richie last year. It’s going to be a long winter Gopher fans, but they’ll be a nice reward at the end of it. A real basketball coach.

Well, then, win or lose, I guess we have something to root for.

Hope you're right. I haven't seen enough of Coyle to be confident yet.

FYI, you can bet on it, but you'll not get a great return on Pitino.

Well...we held them to less than 80 points

OMG. So then we get 5 more years of “rebuilding” til we fire that coach? It’s a vicious circle.

I’m not saying you don’t hold him responsible for part of it but shooting 39% and 0-13 is not going to win any coach any games.

Top Bottom