***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

They better be at least 10-1 and 11-9 for Pitino's sake.

I feel like following the Gophers is similar to following the Vikings. Never underestimate their ability to let me down from my "homer" expectations.

Given that we are likely to be 10-1 in non-conference, a .500 season (say 16-15) would mean we had a conference record of 6-14, definitely below most fans' expectations going into the season.

I would guess he meant .500 in the Big Ten.

Who are the above average Big Ten starters on this team? Murphy and who else? Coffey on occasion maybe, but that’s it. It’s just not a very talented team.

I agree but why were my expectations much higher? Let’s see how this plays out but if the team fails to grit it out and make the toruney, I think it’s time for a change. Even though coaching turnover stinks.

Some of this probably is on the coaches, but some of it is also on the players. as noted, a lot of the players on the Gophers are one-dimensional, or have a flaw in their game that other teams can scout and exploit.

Making excuses for coaches by blaming poor play on the players works in the pros, but it's not valid in college. The coaches scouted and recruited the players. Huge holes in players' capabilities is attributable to evaluation and/or player development.

I was very, very disappointed in this game last night. This game goes to show you what type of team you really have here. They haven't really played well all year and last night they finally played a good team and the game was never in question.
Their offense has been terrible this season. Too much standing around and not enough ball movement. This is basketball 101. This is supposed to be a Big Ten team. They don't look like it.

I don't know. I guess I'm just sick of these types of games. If this team is truly looking on a path to the NCAA's, they don't have a game like that last night, or at least very often. Ohio State didn't even have to exert much effort to dispose of them. Things better change in a hurry, or they will have a hard time winning Big Ten games.

As with football, basketball is the same. Win in the Big Ten or all of your non-conference doesn't mean a thing. After last night, I'm not confident this team will be able to beat many Big Ten teams. Surely not the top half of the league.

Disappointed.:(

I’ve been a pitino supporter, but it might be time to move on after this season. Hopefully things get better but they looked lost last night. How many games do Murphy, Oturu and Omersa need to get in foul trouble in the first 10 minutes before we start changing our defensive plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio St is a very good team, especially at home. I wish we looked better.
Ohio St. has a post pressence in Kaleb Wesson, who has 20+lbs on Murphy.
They have a talented true pg in CJ Jackson.
They have muscle, toughness.
They have shooters: Jackson, Muhammed, Andre W., Washington are all excellent 3 pt shooters.

They are not long, cannot block shots, but they get high percentage shots, and hit their free throws.
Syracuse and their long zone is a tough matchup for a team short on height. They will be in the top 25 for a long time.

Top Bottom