Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • UCF

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters

That's a dumb question. The top four shouldn't change. Georgia should remain in.

It will be Oklahoma unless the committee has more guts than I give them credit for.

It should be Georgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a dumb question. The top four shouldn't change. Georgia should remain in.

Thank you for taking the time to point out that this was a dumb question. Tomorrow, should it not be Georgia then you will be the idiot, right?

Oklahoma. No need to see Bama-Georgia again

UCF without Milton is a no

Georgia drops out and it mostly likely will be Oklahoma, but I do think that OSU is a better team and would destroy OK.

Thank you for taking the time to point out that this was a dumb question. Tomorrow, should it not be Georgia then you will be the idiot, right?

Well it won't be OSU or UCF. I'll declare myself the idiot since it will most likely be Oklahoma. It should be Georgia. I'd personally like UCF to be given a shot but it won't happen.

Georgia. And I hope they do it! But they won’t, it’ll be Oklahoma and Alabama will beat them by 24+.

My top 6 would be:
1 Ala
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
4 Georgia
5 Ohio St
6 Oklahoma

Georgia had their chance and they lost

Georgia had their chance and they lost

Yes, but that still doesn’t change the fact that they are one of the 4 best teams, which is what I thought this was about.

Oklahoma won their conference and avenged their only loss. That will give the committee enough cover to take the path of least controversy. It will be the Sooners and I won’t loose any sleep over it.......

But it won’t be the four best teams.

Last edited:

I disagree with the people that want Georgia in. They already lost the SEC championship, so they shouldn't be considered. If Bama lost, it would be the other way around.

I find it a bit weird that a team that is 2nd or worse in it's conference gets considered when there are conference champions from other conferences that haven't had a chance to play the other contenders yet.

But it seems there are many that disagree.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I don’t believe that anyone really believes Oklahoma is better than OSU.
But the committee failed to elevate OSU to the right spot last week, effectively closing the door on including them in the CFP.

Oklahoma is the only program to have gone to the CFP twice and not won a game. They will likely make it 0-3 this year.

Georgia is one of the best 4 teams. Georgia imo is the 2nd best team. Notes Dame is always overrated and will lose in the first game.

The transitive property of college football is in full effect. OSU crushed Michigan while ND only beat them by a TD. Therefore, OSU is the better team.

I voted Ohio State. I know the committee will pick OU but the B1G East is better than the Big12 and OU just isn't a complete team.

If you are only going to allow four teams in a playoff, being the champion of your conference should be a prerequisite for ANY team making the playoff that happens to be in a conference. I realize there has to be a special consideration for independents. A two loss non conf winning team? Oh my, of course not. Let’s do the best we can to take opinion out of it and let results on the field be our guide whenever possible.

Honestly I’d rather see Washington in the playoff before a two loss second place Georgia. Of course that won’t happen, I know.

Should be Osu, Haskins is one of the best qbs in big ten history and I think they would crush Ou.

In the BCS era the authorities endeavored to match the two best football teams in the country in a title game so that we could have an undisputed champion. That didn’t work because there was often some question about whether a legitimate contender for top-two status was being left out of the championship game. So then we got a four-team playoff, which has solved the problem of one or even two teams getting unfairly passed over by including two more top contenders. Problem solved? NOOO, because the American sporting public would rather argue and complain than accept a satisfactory solution to a problem. Now we argue and complain about whether the fifth-best team in the country is getting cheated out of a fourth-place ranking. [dead horse ain’t getting any fresher]

Short answer: I can’t pick a fourth seed because i’m sick of the whole process.

4th team aside, I don't understand why Clemson is just handed the 2 spot. It may be a moot point since it is 2 vs 3 but comparing Clemson and Notre Dame's résumés, it seems clear to me that Notre Dame's is better. Am I the only one that feels that way?

1) Alabama
2) Notre Dame
3) Clemson
4) Ohio State

I think Oklahoma will get it but Georgia should get it. I think they're the better team and they would be much more fun to watch.

I don't see any way Ohio State should get in over either. Oklahoma's loss was much more reasonable and they beat Texas yesterday. OSU got blown out by a team that barely made a bowl game. OSU's wins were better but I don't think it's fair to excuse that horrible loss. If it were a 1 possession game I could see putting them in because of the teams they beat but it's hard to make up for that.

This “playoff” continues to be idiotic, with repeat matchup conference championship games and polls and committees basically determining who gets a shot. There needs to be a legitimate playoff with 8,12, or 16 teams. Eliminate Conf champ mostly repeat games and play a legitimate playoff.

Last edited:

Georgia lost twice to the likely #1 seed. I don't care how close they played them. Unless one subscribes to the "third times the charm" logic, I don't see why Georgia should be in the CFP.

Georgia lost twice to the likely #1 seed. I don't care how close they played them. Unless one subscribes to the "third times the charm" logic, I don't see why Georgia should be in the CFP.

Agree and it would be boring to watch that rematch again. I think OSU deserves it and is better than Ok and ND.

They lost to LSU, but otherwise agree.

Georgia is likely a top 4 team, but in this situation they shouldn’t be selected.

No way should OSU be chosen over OK. I despise Big 12 football that plays no D, but their loss was to a higher ranked team and they avenged it. Sorry OSU, should have beat Purdue.

AL, CLEM, ND, OK

With that lineup I’m unlikely to even watch.

There should never be 2 teams from the same conference, unless they expand to 8 teams. Georgia had their chance. I vote Oklahoma narrowly over Ohio State.

Top Bottom