Is 4-7-2 a good record?

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
... asking for a North American sized rink.

Then the North American rink asked me if empty seats were good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No and no. At least my son and I got to meet Jordan Leopold, Paul Martin, Mike Ramsey, Larry Olimb, Aaron Broten, etc.

Of course not. Neither is getting out shot on home ice by more than two to one. We did, however, get to closely examine the new overtime rules.

They're simply not a good hockey team, period. Motzko needs a few years to turn things aroynd because it's going to be very tough to achieve that with this group of players.

Well, first off, we are not 4-7-2, we are 4-6-3.

2nd, what are you all freaking out about?

The BEST team in Atlantic Hockey has 6 losses.
The BEST team in the B1G conf has 4 losses.
The BEST team in the the HE split with Ohio St, and otherwise has played all unranked teams outside of their 2 one goal wins vs Providence.
The BEST team in the NCHC has played mostly teams with losing records. The first team they played with a winning record, they LOST that game. The 3rd opponent they faced with a winning record they couldn't get a single win against.
The BEST team in the ECAC may have only 1 loss, but its to the ONLY team ranked among the Top 16 that they've played.

BC is 4-6-2 and is in 4th place in HE.
NMU is 6-9-0 and is in 4th place in the WCHA.
Dart is 4-3-0 and is in 2nd place in the ECAC.

There are only 4 teams in the entire country with less than 3 losses, and we went -1-0-1 vs one of those 4 teams.

And those 4 teams have played COMBINED have only played 8 games vs NCAA tourney quality teams, going only 5-3, scoring 24 goals and allowing 24 goals. Hardly what I would call domination.

So basically there is a ton of mediocracy or balance across college hockey, with the teams playing the weakest schedules having the best records. Go figure.

Gophers, as usual, have played one of the tougher schedules, and as is typical as late, has played well against some good opponents, going 1-0-3 vs UMD and OSU, while playing badly against teams they should beat, losing to St Lawrence for example, and splitting with MSU. But getting swept by MnSt is not shameful seeing how well they are ranked this year. But even MSU is getting votes for the Top 20 poll, as is UW who we split with on the road. And our other loss was to a ranked UND team.

So we are 1-2-3 vs teams currently heading to the NCAA tourney. Not great, but also not a dumpster fire. We've played almost as many games vs NCAA tourney bound teams as those 4 one and two loss teams I mentioned earlier.

Also, 6 of our next 8 games and also our last 10 games will be against teams currently ranked(as of last weeks rankings, so including Mich and Ariz St)

AND, at 2-2-2 in the conf, with most teams having played 8 games to our 6, we are only a sweep of Michigan next weekend away from moving into at least a tie for 2nd place in the conference.

I'm not saying there isn't work to be done, just saying it's not the end of the world YET.

Well, first off, we are not 4-7-2, we are 4-6-3.

2nd, what are you all freaking out about?

The BEST team in Atlantic Hockey has 6 losses.
The BEST team in the B1G conf has 4 losses.
The BEST team in the the HE split with Ohio St, and otherwise has played all unranked teams outside of their 2 one goal wins vs Providence.
The BEST team in the NCHC has played mostly teams with losing records. The first team they played with a winning record, they LOST that game. The 3rd opponent they faced with a winning record they couldn't get a single win against.
The BEST team in the ECAC may have only 1 loss, but its to the ONLY team ranked among the Top 16 that they've played.

BC is 4-6-2 and is in 4th place in HE.
NMU is 6-9-0 and is in 4th place in the WCHA.
Dart is 4-3-0 and is in 2nd place in the ECAC.

There are only 4 teams in the entire country with less than 3 losses, and we went -1-0-1 vs one of those 4 teams.

And those 4 teams have played COMBINED have only played 8 games vs NCAA tourney quality teams, going only 5-3, scoring 24 goals and allowing 24 goals. Hardly what I would call domination.

So basically there is a ton of mediocracy or balance across college hockey, with the teams playing the weakest schedules having the best records. Go figure.

Gophers, as usual, have played one of the tougher schedules, and as is typical as late, has played well against some good opponents, going 1-0-3 vs UMD and OSU, while playing badly against teams they should beat, losing to St Lawrence for example, and splitting with MSU. But getting swept by MnSt is not shameful seeing how well they are ranked this year. But even MSU is getting votes for the Top 20 poll, as is UW who we split with on the road. And our other loss was to a ranked UND team.

So we are 1-2-3 vs teams currently heading to the NCAA tourney. Not great, but also not a dumpster fire. We've played almost as many games vs NCAA tourney bound teams as those 4 one and two loss teams I mentioned earlier.

Also, 6 of our next 8 games and also our last 10 games will be against teams currently ranked(as of last weeks rankings, so including Mich and Ariz St)

AND, at 2-2-2 in the conf, with most teams having played 8 games to our 6, we are only a sweep of Michigan next weekend away from moving into at least a tie for 2nd place in the conference.

I'm not saying there isn't work to be done, just saying it's not the end of the world YET.

I’m talking about the University of Minnesota hockey team playing on an absolutely gross European hockey rink. It’s ridiculous to watch and always has been. It makes zero sense. Maybe the marquee college hockey program in the country should play on a North American hockey rink. You know, the one they use for the playoffs, Frozen Four, and NHL.

I’m talking about the University of Minnesota hockey team playing on an absolutely gross European hockey rink. It’s ridiculous to watch and always has been. It makes zero sense. Maybe the marquee college hockey program in the country should play on a North American hockey rink. You know, the one they use for the playoffs, Frozen Four, and NHL.

The size of the rink is not why we are losing.

The size of the rink is not why we are losing.

Correct. But it IS why the Gophers are so soft and why they haven’t had any success in the post season 13 of the last 14 seasons, which is even more gross for the University of Minnesota hockey team. Even their one good year they got trounced in the title game. It’s a joke for the University of Minnesota.

Correct. But it IS why the Gophers are so soft and why they haven’t had any success in the post season 13 of the last 14 seasons, which is even more gross for the University of Minnesota hockey team. Even their one good year they got trounced in the title game. It’s a joke for the University of Minnesota.

So now going to a Frozen Four counts as not having "had any success." The size of the rink is also not why we are soft. Do you think Motzco's teams at SCSU were soft?

Idk why I come here lol the size of the rink is not why they're soft. The fact they're all prima donnas that never faced any adversity growing up and dominated at every level without having to try much is why they're soft.

Top Bottom